What's coming up in 1.83 and 1.84? Longer fights, and love to Valk, Paladin, ValeW..

illu

Part of the furniture
http://www.camelotherald.com/more/2376.shtml

Letter From The Producer

Posted By: Walt Yarbrough 2006-03-27 16:07:46

(Walt is the Producer of Dark Age of Camelot.)

Last year, we asked you where we should put our focus. The polls, message boards, and emailed feedback all pointed to RvR Rewards, TOA Changes, and Tradeskill Improvements. In versions 1.83 and 1.84, we plan to complete the work on those top issues. As you know, Class Enhancements have always been a top request of the playerbase and will be a part of every patch.
During 1.84, we’ll start another round of research for your thoughts on our next set of patch priorities. We look forward to hearing from you.

In addition to hundreds of normal fixes and enhancements, we will deliver the following in 1.83:

Hybrid Enhancements: We are looking at three hybrids for this version - the Valkyrie, the Paladin and the Valewalker. As with our last two patches, our goal is to give each of these classes enhancements to their current abilities. We are also introducing new abilities to make them more desirable in RvR combat.

Healing Enhancements: We are looking at the Cleric, Healer and Druid with an eye towards overall improvement, but especially their heal spells and underperforming spec lines. Here, we are trying to extend the length of RVR battles. We are also trying to enhance the archetype’s utility beyond simple healing/buffing.

Art Upgrades and Underwater areas: To ensure that Camelot remains the most visually beautiful MMO on the market, our artists have been hard at work revamping more than sixty structures in the game. Our content team will also be adding underwater adventuring in Midgard’s homeland, and look forward to deploying the same to Hibernia and Albion in future versions. Finally, we have redesigned the Leirvik Battleground.

I’d like to also take this opportunity to thank the Camelot team for their continued hard work and dedication to this game. But as always, we especially thank you, our customers, for your continued support which makes all of this possible.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Sounds interesting - and longer fights? If 2 groups that know what they are doing have long fights at the moment, what will longer fights be like? :> FG's will be fighting eachother for hours!

RvR Rewards, TOA Changes, and Tradeskill Improvements are planned to be looked into, if they deliver on this - things will be good :>

Oli - Illu

Painz

Fledgling Freddie
illu said:
Sounds interesting - and longer fights? If 2 groups that know what they are doing have long fights at the moment, what will longer fights be like? :> FG's will be fighting eachother for hours!

Oli - Illu

Sounds kewl. i wub long fights :D

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
I just hope they remove /assist. Just that change will make fights last longer.

Valgyr

Fledgling Freddie
Takhasis said:
lol the WL nerf patch aint even live yet, and you're asking for wub?!
Well pip couldnt kill any1 with his hunter even when he grped up with 4 other gimps so i guess he needs his easymode class to stay on par with the others:)

Valgyr

Fledgling Freddie
[NO]Subedai said:
givf bards root or stun
Ye a single target 2nd for of CC would be great and wouldnt be OPed at all as healers have 3 and sorcs 2 atm

Vipr

One of Freddy's beloved
[NO]Subedai said:
givf bards root or stun

Agreed, the lack of any decent 2nd form of CC and mage insane cast speeds make bards little more than speed / end bots after their first mezz is gone. Hell id even bring mine outta retirement if they sorted the class.

liloe

It's my birthday today!
hathor said:
its not a nerf its a BALANCE!! imo

it's a right out nerf. They don't know what to do with the class and everybody complains, so they just nerf it to hell and nobody will care anymore.

What WL's really need is a deeeeep look inside and a real fix that put them on par with other casters. It would hurt a lot in some areas, but at least they would be fixed. The complete concept of the class is very interesting if you look at it. Primary spells, secondary spells, special primers. The ideas are so wonderful, but the class is so wrong. Nearly all Warlocks spec for UI+primers, as the DD's are more or less useless with 4s base casting time. Fix that first imho.

A Warlock spell should always count as his primer for determining resists, so people could use the spec DD with a lower lvl attached spell without getting resists only. UI needs to be removed, but MoC added to the Warlock list (and quickcast for them). All primers need to be affected by dex and casting speed, but therefore secondarys need to get a dmg decrease when used with a damage primer (but not when used with +range or powerless primer).

Chambers need a complete overhaul. Only one chamber at a time, higher chamber means a wider variety of spells can be put in.

I'd really like to see such a Warlock fix patch, cause personally I think they're being degraded to a 3button class atm, which shouldn't be the case and it's a shame to see a good connept go down the river like this.

I played a bit around with my Warlock who is lvl 24 or so and with a friend's lvl 34 Warlock and I found it really fun to play in solo PvE at least, cause it was a real change with all the spell combos. But after a while, when you've figured out how to get the best results, it's much less fun.

Like it or not, this is my personal opinion =)

Varna

Fledgling Freddie
Hopefully reavers will be included in the next hybrid boost patch.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Varna said:
Hopefully reavers will be included in the next hybrid boost patch.

Uhm hopefully not since they don't need any kinda help tbh -.-

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
they have already stated that reavers are not one of the classes that needs help

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Valgyr said:
Ye a single target 2nd for of CC would be great and wouldnt be OPed at all as healers have 3 and sorcs 2 atm

lol? Clerics have PBAE mezz, single target stun and next patch PBAE snare.

Bards have 1 form of AE-CC (so do druids), thats inferiour to both sorcs (2, with ichor of the deep 3) and healers (3). Theurgs also have 2 forms of CC.

If you give Albion more CC it gets way out of balance. Albion has more CC available then any other realm.

Valgyr

Fledgling Freddie
Puppet said:
lol? Clerics have PBAE mezz, single target stun and next patch PBAE snare.

Bards have 1 form of AE-CC (so do druids), thats inferiour to both sorcs (2, with ichor of the deep 3) and healers (3). Theurgs also have 2 forms of CC.

If you give Albion more CC it gets way out of balance. Albion has more CC available then any other realm.
Did u read my post? i WANT the bards to have a 2nd CC form:twak:
Played bards of and on and the only thing i miss is a 2nd for of CC:)

scarloc

Fledgling Freddie
I thought they said they'd look into improving soulrending on reavers? Maybe I just made that up :]

Garok

Can't get enough of FH
scarloc said:
I thought they said they'd look into improving soulrending on reavers? Maybe I just made that up :]

Yep you did read that.. they will be tweeking the SoulRend line in upcomeing patches

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Valgyr said:
Played bards of and on and the only thing i miss is a 2nd for of CC:)

And uninterrupted end song (or at least to be affected by dex and casting speed)

Danord_durin

Fledgling Freddie
Vipr said:
Agreed, the lack of any decent 2nd form of CC and mage insane cast speeds make bards little more than speed / end bots after their first mezz is gone. Hell id even bring mine outta retirement if they sorted the class.

Givf sos on any of the 2 other realms main cc class:twak:

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Danord_durin said:
Givf sos on any of the 2 other realms main cc class:twak:

Givf DI and PR on bards and sorces then, if Midgard main cc has it.....sounds stupid? It is.

SoS goes to the class with fastest speed, simple criterium I think, and not too hard to get the concept.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom