What's coming up in 1.83 and 1.84? Longer fights, and love to Valk, Paladin, ValeW..

E_E

Loyal Freddie
Puppet said:
lol? Clerics have PBAE mezz, single target stun and next patch PBAE snare.

Bards have 1 form of AE-CC (so do druids), thats inferiour to both sorcs (2, with ichor of the deep 3) and healers (3). Theurgs also have 2 forms of CC.

If you give Albion more CC it gets way out of balance. Albion has more CC available then any other realm.

Oh yes cleric are a gr8 CC class, grey mezz lasts about 2-3 secónds if its not resistet as it is in 80%..

Stun is gr8 no doubt, but i would rather give some of the dmg classes the stun (wizz cabbie etc) and have root like druids.. Then dmg dealer can run around play enchanters.. stun nuke nuke nuke...

Even tho druid have pets aswell way to good on a healing class...

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
Puppet said:

Bards have 1 form of AE-CC (so do druids), thats inferiour to both sorcs (2, with ichor of the deep 3) and healers (3). Theurgs also have 2 forms of CC.

If you give Albion more CC it gets way out of balance. Albion has more CC available then any other realm.

fear the cleric pbaoe mezz!!!! its really so uber , wtf we need a sorc for? just bring a kamikaze cleric with sos!!

Notirt

One of Freddy's beloved
Puppet said:

Eldritch got Aoe mezz , Mentalist got single target mezz.
both classes got stun so thats 2 forms of CC there to.

Druids got single target root , and insta single and aoe root.
Druids will get the pbaoe root instead and they already have greycon pets with 100% chance of interupt.

Cleric smite line needs a boost it is totaly crap as it is atm

Arethir

Fledgling Freddie
Errr, bards don't need a boost! There's a reason alot of hib groups already run 2 bards in the setup. Now why would they do that if it had such sucky utility? And i don't really care what kinda facts you put out there on utility they have, coz there IS a reason why people run 2 of them in the groups.

Kerith

Fledgling Freddie
Puppet said:

lol u cant seriously be classing pbae mezz/snare as 'CC', on there 3 and 5 min RUT and 350 radius, NERF STICK PLZ (not to mention they're in one of the most useless speclines in daoc atm, maybe better by the time we see all of the love from 1.83)

Alexandrinus said:
oh yes reavers need a boost ......

well they dont exactly need a nerf

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Notirt said:
Eldritch got Aoe mezz , Mentalist got single target mezz.
both classes got stun so thats 2 forms of CC there to.

Druids got single target root , and insta single and aoe root.
Druids will get the pbaoe root instead and they already have greycon pets with 100% chance of interupt.

Cleric smite line needs a boost it is totaly crap as it is atm

Oh yes, mentas have to spec for the mezz and will only have it as secondary. Druids have to give up all buffs to have the insta root (wow, such tradeoff) and if you run away from a grey con interrupting pet you're simply stupid cause it dies in 1 hit.

And btw, stun on cleric is not that bad tbh cause while the cleric stuns, mages can already start nuking and you can stun+buffshear. I agree that grey pbae mezz is pretty crap, but don't try to point towards the classes you mentioned, cause they don't have it so much better in the end.

Octo

Fledgling Freddie
Make RMs base dark nuke a lifetap.. and give them pet.. and mez..

censi

Can't get enough of FH
my main concern for mythic class balancing is they have stated 100's of times that each class is balanced by mass RVR performance....

Then they go and change remedy to only work on poisons and give it to all classes for example. I mean that is a change purly to effect assasin v assasin solo dynamics. theres many many other example of changes which are made to improve classes in small scale rvr or fg rvr. the reality is changes are just made if "they" feel its needed.

whats happening is most class enhancements seem to be bolt on abilities that in fairness prolly are needed for FG rvr to help this class. the problem is some of these changes cause major imbalance in 1v1, where they introduce things that are potential godmode abilities in certain circumstances. This is fine but they need to be aware of how each class performs pretty much against all other classes. Atm its chaos and things are becoming to predtermined by "whats up and available" to sling at something, rather than how well u play it.

we are also majorly overdue for a serious increase in defense penetration and damage increase with archery. too much melee archers and not enough arrows pinging around the battlefields at the moment.

censi

Can't get enough of FH
my main concern for mythic class balancing is they have stated 100's of times that each class is balanced by mass RVR performance....

Then they go and change remedy to only work on poisons and give it to all classes for example. I mean that is a change purly to effect assasin v assasin solo dynamics. theres many many other example of changes which are made to improve classes in small scale rvr or fg rvr. the reality is changes are just made if "they" feel its needed.

whats happening is most class enhancements seem to be bolt on abilities that in fairness prolly are needed for FG rvr to help this class. the problem is some of these changes cause major imbalance in 1v1, where they introduce things that are potential godmode abilities in certain circumstances. This is fine but they need to be aware of how each class performs pretty much against all other classes. Atm its chaos and things are becoming to predtermined by "whats up and available" to sling at something, rather than how well u play it.

we are also majorly overdue for a serious increase in defense penetration and damage increase with archery. too much melee archers and not enough arrows pinging around the battlefields at the moment.

Octo

Fledgling Freddie
Well.. there is 1v1, group v group and there is zerg v zerg.
I remember the old mez-case.. Albs complained about sorc mez beeing too poor/slow, very much due to the short survivability on sorcs.. this was in fg v fg / open field combat. Healer mez (insta ae) was supreme there. They got a few "bufs" and ToA came with + dex cap +% range and casting speed. Basically the sorc was made strong enough for a period to withstand the "attention" the class got as primary mezzer. Problem was that the class' survivability modus became "IWIN" buttons in 1v1.
In large scale warfare, zerg v zerg, the healers insta AE mez got useless (long cooldown, short range) and the slow casting speed and range on healers mez made zerg mez CC hardly existing.. where sorcs had the advantage of beeing able to spam ae mez on a zerg from far far away. Mythic never changed anything there.
When NF came (at least the half year before I left game) most of the warfare consisted of large encounters and zerg v zerg. Keepwarfare - Midgard got completely gimped CC wise compared to Albion.
Now (I havent been around the last 1,5 year or so and havent bothered to read up on patch notes) it seems like the mez duration have been nerfed overall or something. Good solution that prolly produced less whine then a sorc nerf or healer CC boost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom