What you think we get as compensation?

C

cHodAX

Originally posted by liste
and bloody nerf the reply speed today! I was merely adding an edit to my post regarding a post you'd posted to my reply that was posted before my first post was finnished, regarding your previous comment to my previous post.

bleh :p

May I suggest adopting a child and using the brat as a typing bot, that is what I do and it only costs me bread and water :)

O

Old Nicodemus

Originally posted by old.cHodAX
May I suggest adopting a child and using the brat as a typing bot, that is what I do and it only costs me bread and water :)

Hmmmmm.....

So that's where Docwolfe is atm.... Ewul Theurgy!

C

cHodAX

Originally posted by Old Nicodemus
Well roger me sensless and call me Caroline.. I'd wondered where all those fireworks we ordered for the last relic raid had disappeared to!

Looks like someone nicked them and slapped them up cHo's Robe!

:merlin:

Go get em cHo!

;)

That's not a rocket up my robe, it's a special pair of leather underpants Docwolfe bought me. I have no idea what that big rubber thing sticking out of the front is though :p

D

Damon_D

A RA respec , a full respec, and a class respec ;)

C

cHodAX

Hmmmmm.....

So that's where Docwolfe is atm.... Ewul Theurgy!

Nope, Doc is busy licking the toilet clean as I type this. Her next job is cutting my toenails........ with her teeth. Hope she likes the taste of hard skin and that gunk that gets jammed up between the toes :p

S

svartmetall

Sod respecs, give me realm skill points...about 20 would do me :)

O

Old Nicodemus

Nope, Doc is busy licking the toilet clean as I type this. Her next job is cutting my toenails........ with her teeth. Hope she likes the taste of hard skin and that gunk that gets jammed up between the toes :p

:puke:

What you do to Cabbie pets in your spare time is your business... telling us how you clean up afterwards is just gross!

C

cHodAX

I won't settle for less than a night of lust with Katie Holmes, wonder if GOA can sort that for me? :D

C

cHodAX

:puke:

What you do to Cabbie pets in your spare time is your business... telling us how you clean up afterwards is just gross!

Gross is my middle name, or was it twat. I can never remember :p

J

Jenna.

Indeed Liste but when you take the job you take the responsibility of representing your fellow players, you have more chance of giving GOA a wake up call than we do as you have a way to communicate to them. As I said before, too many don't work for the community but enjoy the privledges that being an E&E brings.

Exactly how do you know that 'too many' E&E's aint working for the community and only enjoy the 'privledges' that it brings?

You just think its like that or do you actually got some facts that prove it is like that?

Z

zardoz

<serious>
When i pay for a service I dont expect to pay for any time that service is unavailable
</serious>
Angelina Jolie?

O

old.Tohtori

Oh so here's where Jameson left when she retired! She plays DAoC! :clap:

EDIT: Not a huge amount of dicks that left her vicinity though...

O

Old Nicodemus

Gross is my middle name, or was it twat. I can never remember :p

Must....... resist.... obvious...... response!

;)

F

freeq

my point is this.

the payment people make to goa is to make sure the game is running, server costs etc we all know the score. if goa require the servers to come down to make the game playable securely for another month or 2 then imo my payment is well deserved.

now like you have said in MANY posts the service of goa has dropped over the last few months, and you have complained, at length i might add, that you are unhappy with it. so why if you and many others are unhappy with the service do you still pay for it?

i havent played for a week now subs being down and all, seeing post after post saying we deserve this, we should get that, they better do this, ''F*cking goa useless B*stards'' (not perticualarly you, before you start, coz i know you will) etc, and not me, why? coz i been playing online game for about 4 years and i know they will be busting thier buns to get stuff sorted out.

the server shut down was an example, i'm pretty sure when i 1st baught cam, back after beta finished. i read that the company reserved the right close down the servers when they wanted, or something to that effect.

any compensation goa have given us in the past we should be thankful for, and they will prolly give us one after this, but should we expect it? hell no, back when EQ was down for hours (i'm talking 15 - 20) at a time we didnt get shit when it came back up, never expected it either, we where happy just to play again. now coz we have had compensation in the past everyone expects it.

and yes you have the right to complain, but since i have been unable to play, i been reading these boards and all i see is the same thing over and over about service, your name does pop up allot. i never once said you shouldnt complain, but shouldnt you be complaining to the people who are at fault? like goa? have you mailed them? if so how many times? i bet not half as many as your posts i've read.

not sure if goa have a team of guys scouring Barry's Whine for faults in thier service, maybe you could suggest it in an e-mail :p

round 3, tear it to shreds man, like i care...

O

Old Nicodemus

Originally posted by old.Tohtori

EDIT: Not a huge amount of dicks that left her vicinity though...

Sad Seelie?

Just because she hasn't had yours :p

C

cHodAX

Originally posted by Jenna.
Exactly how do you know that 'too many' E&E's aint working for the community and only enjoy the 'privledges' that it brings?

You just think its like that or do you actually got some facts that prove it is like that?

Fairly obvious to be honest Jenna, whenever there is trouble many of them come out in support of GOA or at least make excuses for them rather than reflecting the opinion of the majority who they represent. Then you have the problem of communicating problems and opinions to GOA, presistant and important bugs that weren't in the code Mythic went live with creep into the patches and then take weeks to be addressed even though they are supposedly throughly tested. The patch goes live with those bugs and everyone finds out about them pretty fast yet GOA never seem underpressure to fix them.

Facts I cannot give you, just my opinions and those of other people I have talked to. If the E&E system works then explain this, why is there such a poor dialogue between the community and GOA. The E&E's are the go-betweens yet the only time I have ever seen anything effective achived is when the Apoc/Sidi encounter was reset after someone in the E&E system got Kemor to log in and fix it so the many people in attendance didn't suffer. Why aren't the E&E's bugging GOA about the current and recent problems with login servers and subscription pages? If they are and nothing is being done then why don't they speak out?

C

cHodAX

Originally posted by freeq
my point is this.

the payment people make to goa is to make sure the game is running, server costs etc we all know the score. if goa require the servers to come down to make the game playable securely for another month or 2 then imo my payment is well deserved.

now like you have said in MANY posts the service of goa has dropped over the last few months, and you have complained, at length i might add, that you are unhappy with it. so why if you and many others are unhappy with the service do you still pay for it?

i havent played for a week now subs being down and all, seeing post after post saying we deserve this, we should get that, they better do this, ''F*cking goa useless B*stards'' (not perticualarly you, before you start, coz i know you will) etc, and not me, why? coz i been playing online game for about 4 years and i know they will be busting thier buns to get stuff sorted out.

the server shut down was an example, i'm pretty sure when i 1st baught cam, back after beta finished. i read that the company reserved the right close down the servers when they wanted, or something to that effect.

any compensation goa have given us in the past we should be thankful for, and they will prolly give us one after this, but should we expect it? hell no, back when EQ was down for hours (i'm talking 15 - 20) at a time we didnt get shit when it came back up, never expected it either, we where happy just to play again. now coz we have had compensation in the past everyone expects it.

and yes you have the right to complain, but since i have been unable to play, i been reading these boards and all i see is the same thing over and over about service, your name does pop up allot. i never once said you shouldnt complain, but shouldnt you be complaining to the people who are at fault? like goa? have you mailed them? if so how many times? i bet not half as many as your posts i've read.

not sure if goa have a team of guys scouring Barry's Whine for faults in thier service, maybe you could suggest it in an e-mail :p

round 3, tear it to shreds man, like i care...

Much better :) Yes I have talked alot tonight, some good and some not so good.

Now, if you goto the cinema and the film stops halfway because the cameraman has dropped his spliff on the projector burning the reel then the cinema have to refund you right? You goto a resteraunt and find a pubic hair in your salad, no one would expect you to pay for that.

It all boils down to consumer rights, you pay for a service and by law you are entitled to recieve what you pay for. Now we have all payed GOA for many months and we have not recieved adecuate customer support in any way shape or form. Is it reasonable for GOA to take our money and supply a substandard service? If they were in Britian they would be reported to the Trading Standards office and quite possible the BBC program Watchdog. When you take a customers money you have to supply what they have paid for.

I complain here for a reason, this is the semi-offical forum for DAoC and we have a GOA employee as moderator. It is a reasonable assumption that he reads some of the posts. I would also complain via RightNow but the system is down so if that was my only outlet how could I complain at all? Lastly it makes me feel better to complain when I feel I have been taken for a ride, so yes bitching about things when GOA mess up makes me feel a little better about things.

Now why don't I and others like myself leave if we are so pissed off? There are a number of reasons, many of us enjoy the game and don't want to leave so we put up with the problems. Many others though have already left for similiar reasons. There are others who want to cancel now but they cannot as the subscription page is down and thier passwords will soon be incorrect. Finally many of us hope that if we put enough pressure on GOA they might actually start trying to put thier house in order.

I would happily email all my issues to GO but they never reply so I can only post here and hope that someone from GOA reads them or an E&E points them here.

Let me finish with this, I am happy the servers are down. Fixing the problem is more important than day or two worth of play. What I am not happy about is the lack of information and complete disregard shown by GOA to this forum and the communitys opinions.

I feel I am justified in my complaints and I would dearly love someone from GOA to speak to me either publicly or privately so I don't have to keep answering all these posts.

S

skerit XP

You might not have gotten any customer support, I surely do.. maybe they do read these posts! :)

Euh, 1 day of downtime isn't bad, the game 'EVE' is down 1 houre each day, that's 15 days in total, and there are a lot of other games that have extensive downtime, daoc is very good in this matter, uptime is wonderfull, so you can't whine when it's going a bit worse... last time we got a day extra...

And I'm very sorry you have the day off today, but your ISP could have had problems, the energy could have easily gone down (america, anyone?) ...

Complaining about a bit of downtime is as futile as sueing microsoft...

F

freeq

GOA 48, rue Camille Desmoulins 92130 Issy les Moulineaux cedex 9

GOA's address, send it to watchdog :D or go postal on em :flame:

C

cHodAX

Originally posted by freeq
GOA 48, rue Camille Desmoulins 92130 Issy les Moulineaux cedex 9

GOA's address, send it to watchdog :D or go postal on em :flame:

Muhaha postal would be great, then off to chop some heads of at Mythic unless they sort my theurgist out :p

T

Tilda

Let me clarify Liste old bean. Your average player has ZERO chance of a respose from Kemor these days but an E&E player can easily get a reply, ok maybe not easy but on a normal day it is fifty times more likely to get a reply than a non E&E.

I emailed kemor last week on got a reply back within the hour, and im ot E&E.

The lack of information and updates is disgraceful, can you explain to me why this is the semi-offical forums for DAoC and yet the English speaking GM is no where to be found on a daily basis? Can you explain why he never answers private messages even for important matters?

GOA have a much smaller playerbase to cover their costs with, and thus, have very low numbers of staff. Im sure the head of their DAoC section would love to have 24/7 CRS's and an extra 100 people, but the fact is that there arnt that many of them.
Kemor probably checks Barrysworld once a week, and probably gets far to many PM's to answer them all.

Tilda

C

cHodAX

Originally posted by Tilda
I emailed kemor last week on got a reply back within the hour, and im ot E&E.

GOA have a much smaller playerbase to cover their costs with, and thus, have very low numbers of staff. Im sure the head of their DAoC section would love to have 24/7 CRS's and an extra 100 people, but the fact is that there arnt that many of them.
Kemor probably checks Barrysworld once a week, and probably gets far to many PM's to answer them all.

Tilda

You are a moderator here though Tilda so I am certain you would be more likely of a reply than us mere plebs. With regard to CSR's, I have never had much to say about that. If RightNow worked as intended I could live with that but I have been stung too many times.

Oh and why did GOA make a deal for this to be a semi-offical forum if the one English GM can only be bothered to check on his customers once a week?

A

Arnor

Originally posted by Shagrat
a free fluffy, romping stomping all action Arnor doll.

With realistic anti-zerg arm action and interchangeable hamster costume

:ROFLMAO:

I agree that goa needs to straighten up and keep us more in the loop.

I

~INCOGNITO~

Originally posted by uncle
To be honest I would be happy with a guarantee that -

a) nothing like this will happen again

b) we will get a lot more info on what is happening and why in the future

oh and c) that they will stick to the above points!

:clap:

ANd by the way whats an E&E?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom