What you think we get as compensation?

K

Keogh

Originally posted by -chancer-
as compensation they should give us a 3rd english server :D

No, as compensation they should sort it out so when Mythic patch the US servers to the latest patch GOA can then just patch the English servers to the same patch very soon after.

It's not our fault they have to translate the patch to German and French so that's what I'd like to see as compensation.

Ah, also I'd like to see the ability to change the subscription password whenever the customer wants to like you can the game password. That is bad security. My online credit card account makes me change the password every month for security purposes.

C

cleeve

I am disappointed that I can't play daoc

I am a bit nervous that we know there was a security breach or computer 'incident' but we don't know what.

Its kind of amusing how goa have informed the competent parties.

Compensation? email now would be nice :p

has anyone had their email yet? I am assuming not. its kinda pants - if ur gonna take the server down til tomorrow - just take it down. At least then ppl know they can fuck off and do something else - perhaps I should've - instead I am left here checking my email every 5 seconds and feeling scarily like a junkie at cold turkey retreat

C

C

cHodAX

Originally posted by Keogh
Maturity has nothing to do with it. So what if GOA are a poorly run company. I have been playing DAoC for 6 months with something like 2 days downtime, no problems that really caused me any problems when the new patches came online and basically just 6 months of having a good time.

And since my mummy has been dead for some 10 years I seriously doubt it. :D

Ok young fella. If such a great service then explain all those weeks in the last 6 months that the subscription service has been up and down like a yo-yo. Explain the constant router problems, or how about the RightNow service that promises a reply in 48 hours but infact more often that not take 4 days. Oh and how about that login server that has kept falling over for weeks on end, you know the one that keeps players out for hours on end. Utter lack of information for English speaking players either here or on GOA's own site. I could go on but the above alone suggests a poor service.

Seriously, how can you or anyone say that GOA offer a good service? Sure the game servers are generally good I will admit that but what use it that really if you can't re-subscribe or get past the login server?

P.S. the insult I made was meant, however please don't take offense at my mentioning your mother. Sometimes we say things in the heat of the moment to each other but I wish neither you or you family any ill-will. If I touched a raw nerve with my comment then please accept my sincere apology.

S

Surround Sound

I want a freely leveled buffbot on a new account, kkthx~? :D

S

skerit XP

Sending 26 thousand emails does not happen in 1 minute, I calculated that at 24 thousand users they sedna mail every 3.6 seconds, offcourse I suck at maths but it's a simple calculation :D

though, I do think they should take the servers down, and then they should certainly give us a few days extra, because now some people get to play while others don't ...

A 3rd english server sounds nice :) But, on the translate thing, I wouldn't mind in Mythic sending their latest work on the patch day by day, then we could get the updates very fast, but mythic always Creates a patch, goes public, sends to goa and then they create another patch, in the mean time GOA is flaling more and more behind, but if mythic sends their progress each day, it should go faster... And you're probably thinking that you can't send incomplete data, wel maybe, but they're programmers for something ...

I wonder if he got any server tools

C

cHodAX

You won't find me complaining how long the server is down for or how long it is taking to get my password (within reason ;) ). It is a huge problem and will take a little time, however I would like frequent updates or even more detailed and that is the one thing we will not get sadly.

L

liste

i didnt imply that GOA is currently living up to their job, Chodax. I however dont want to waste my time whining about it. Game will be playable for me, when it so happens. Until then, i can do other stuff.

I just dont like being called a brown-nose, for doing something i believe is a benefit for other people.

If you have a problem still, feel free to adress me, when said game becomes playable :p until then, leave me out of it. I'm a player with no game, like the rest

<edit:>
Regarding updates, info, Kemor's response times etc. that has even less to do with E&E's than anything else. So where this came from, i've no idea. I can still play the game without information, and i can still play the game, without friday news being on time, and i can still play the game without RightNow (Some people has problems with that, apparently. i've never had a response time longer than 1 week, which was due to the nature of my problem).

O

old.Glendower

GOA just flat out sucks ass and always have. Time and time again they have proven themselves a third rate company, and this incident, for numerous reasons, is no exception.

And then they had the gall to up the sub fees! lol!

Glad I canceled.

Hopefully Vivendi and/or GOA will be bought up by a decent company that has competent employees and at least some sort of work/business ethic.

F

freeq

compensation?

what is it exactly they need to compensate you for?

they are doing thier jobs, be happy you get to play the game when they fix it.

you don't hear people moaning about free days when a patch day comes, "but i pay to play...'' and '' i dont pay for the servers to be down..''

i'm pretty sure they could turn the servers off completly and you wouldnt be able to do jack shit about it, all they would need is a post on the page saying why.

C

cHodAX

Originally posted by liste
i didnt imply that GOA is currently living up to their job, Chodax. I however dont want to waste my time whining about it. Game will be playable for me, when it so happens. Until then, i can do other stuff.

I just dont like being called a brown-nose, for doing something i believe is a benefit for other people.

If you have a problem still, feel free to adress me, when said game becomes playable :p until then, leave me out of it. I'm a player with no game, like the rest

<edit:>
Regarding updates, info, Kemor's response times etc. that has even less to do with E&E's than anything else. So where this came from, i've no idea. I can still play the game without information, and i can still play the game, without friday news being on time, and i can still play the game without RightNow (Some people has problems with that, apparently. i've never had a response time longer than 1 week, which was due to the nature of my problem).

But look around Liste, other E&E are afraid to criticise GOA for fear of losing thier privleged status and other flat out refuse to accept that GOA are in any way at fault ,ever. You aren't a brown noser (cept the 50 times a night you get killed and eat the dirt ;) ) but too many people just can't face facts that recently GOA's service has down right sucked even when it stares them in the face. The reason I mentioned E&E's is this, they get far more access to the people at GOA than any normal player and yet they seem afraid to publicly criticise GOA or even use the influence they have to tell Kemor and Co. what a poor job they are doing. Too many seem to use the privledge purely gain access to the testing of the latest patches rather than actually helping the community they are supposed to represent. On a day when we should have had constant updates either from GOA or filtered out from the E&E's we get a single post that gives inaccurate information and times.

You haven't seen me complaining about not being able to play because unlike many people I don't make playing DAoC a vital part of life, that said I do get pissed off when GOA raise the price so I pay more money every year and never get an improvement in service. Infact quite the reverse. The service has been in decline for months and GOA have become more and more evasive. E&E's should be hounding GOA/Kemor for news, if they can't or won't then what is the point in having them if not to act on behalf of the community?

C

Coim-

I remember the days when if the server went down you got like half a level. Oh well...

C

cHodAX

Originally posted by freeq
compensation?

what is it exactly they need to compensate you for?

they are doing thier jobs, be happy you get to play the game when they fix it.

you don't hear people moaning about free days when a patch day comes, "but i pay to play...'' and '' i dont pay for the servers to be down..''

i'm pretty sure they could turn the servers off completly and you wouldnt be able to do jack shit about it, all they would need is a post on the page saying why.

Quite possibly the dumbest post in the history of Barrysworld, you talk like we are privledged to play this game and have no right to complain. Then you suggest they could just close down, that is sheer stupidity. No company would turn down a large customer base with income of 100,000's of euros every month and just sack the staff. Really, I feel dumber for reading your post. You should be ashamed. May I suggest you edit that post and hit the delete button before you damage anyone more readers.

C

cHodAX

Originally posted by Grymlina
cHodAX u rule ! :)

No, no Grymlina. You rule :) Now stop killing my Theurgist, he is begining to think you don't like his new dress :p

G

Grymlina

tho i was first owner of grymlina.(aint playing anymore).. i sold my caracts in mars :p just hanging around on BW to see how game community is :)

but okey u rule BW forums atm imo ! :)

L

liste

we're not here to clear up GOA's mess, though. We pay to be here, you know.

C

cHodAX

Originally posted by Grymlina
tho i was first owner of grymlina.(aint playing anymore).. iv sold my caracts in mars :p just haning around on BW to see how game comunity is :)

but okey u rule BW forums atm imo ! :)

Thanks, it is very kind of you to say. All I am trying to do is explain to people where GOA are going wrong and how they could improve, sadly some people just can't accept that we all live in a democracy's and we are allowed to complain when we feel like we aren't being treated properly. Mark my words though, some idiot will come in later and flame even more but not actually make a constructive post or even give a proper answer to the questions I posed.

Shame you stopped playing, killed me way to many times back in the old days and never /laugh spammed me one. Well you did just once, I fell off the wall at beno and landed with 30% hp, you then poked me in the eye and it was game over for me ;)

O

old.Tohtori

As compensation?

Hmm. Let's see.

*opens the official "Let's please the moneybringers" handbook*

The book reads...

First thing you must do is to apologise for the inconvinience.

Ok check.

Then offer another apology for the delay.(If any delay happened)

Aha...

Offer useless stuff like a promise for a better future, minor compensation in fees or a fluffy doll for only $19.95.

Hmm...what's this then...

If all else fails, give a firm and hardy pat on the back and thank them for their patience. This always brings tears of joy to the community.

*closes the book*

Hmm. Well. I think the nazis had a point in the bookburning...

Disclaimer: The author of this reply is sorry he is unable to write serious answers on the boards.

C

cHodAX

Originally posted by liste
we're not here to clear up GOA's mess, though. We pay to be here, you know.

Indeed Liste but when you take the job you take the responsibility of representing your fellow players, you have more chance of giving GOA a wake up call than we do as you have a way to communicate to them. As I said before, too many don't work for the community but enjoy the privledges that being an E&E brings.

L

liste

i dont comment much on your initial post chodax, because i dont feel very strongly about the concerns raised. i only comment on what concerns me, which also happened to be misplaced somewhat and based on personal opinions, that also happens to be unjust.

(bare in mind too, that most of the E&E staff has recently been replaced, due to old timers leaving. settling in takes time).

Indeed Liste but when you take the job you take the responsibility of representing your fellow players, you have more chance of giving GOA a wake up call than we do as you have a way to communicate to them. As I said before, too many don't work for the community but enjoy the privledges that being an E&E brings

You should really stop telling me to 'do my job' when you've no idea if i'm in fact doing it ;) Besides, me giving GOA a hard time about this, will no doubt add nothing constructive to their already red-hot situation im sure. That said, i'm probably not the only one to ask inquisitive questions about what happens.

I dont really want to be angry/upset with this, as i know you're a good man (we all have our days ;) ) so i suggest you do as me, and do something else for the time being :)

and THAT will actually be my last reply, at least for today. gonna watch a movie :p

C

cHodAX

Let me add, I would make a great E&E for the Prydwen community because I would tell them the real deal but trust me GOA wouldn't like what I would have to say about the way things are these days. Pull no punches and if they can't accept that then they don't really give a shit about the needs of the community anyway, it's all just pillow talk to make you drop your knickers.

G

Grymlina

Originally posted by old.cHodAX
Thanks, it is very kind of you to say. All I am trying to do is explain to people where GOA are going wrong and how they could improve, sadly some people just can't accept that we all live in a democracy's and we are allowed to complain when we feel like we aren't being treated properly. Mark my words though, some idiot will come in later and flame even more but not actually make a constructive post or even give a proper answer to the questions I posed.

Shame you stopped playing, killed me way to many times back in the old days and never /laugh spammed me one. Well you did just once, I fell off the wall at beno and landed with 30% hp, you then poked me in the eye and it was game over for me ;)

yeah iv read around BW alot today... and seeing u in every thread having hard to time trying to explain to stupid ppl who wont face the facts....iv read alot and u make sense at least i think so....:) and yeah OLD time was the best.. i still miss it and been my best in daoc game experience ! :)

F

freeq

you trying to tell me arent privelidged?

considering there are countries in the world that dont eve have computers....

just because a company wouldnt shut down the servers doesnt mean they couldnt, but then that point flew right by you uh?

suggestion noted and disgarded, after all the crap you spewed onto these forums in the last few days, makes me wonder why you even bother... and why i even bother reading them...

seems all the posts you write are the same...

C

cHodAX

Originally posted by freeq
you trying to tell me arent privelidged?

considering there are countries in the world that dont eve have computers....

just because a company wouldnt shut down the servers doesnt mean they couldnt, but then that point flew right by you uh?

suggestion noted and disgarded, after all the crap you spewed onto these forums in the last few days, makes me wonder why you even bother... and why i even bother reading them...

seems all the posts you write are the same...

Oh dear, it speaks again :( What does the western world leading privledged lives have to do with GOA and DAoC? Here in the free world we have the right to complain and protest, if you can't accept that may I suggest you look into a nice long vaction in sunny communist China? I still don't get your post about closing the server, yes they could close the server but please try give a vaild reason for it because I am struggling to think of one beyond bankruptcy.

As for all the crap I spewed forth, well the community seems fairly split on that so the jury is out. However let me say this, at least I have made the effort to post reasoned arguements whilst all you have achieved is to make yourself look stupid and uneducated. You know what is worse? I actually spoke to you ingame and you sounded like a sensible guy, so why not redeem yourself in public and debate the pro's and con's with me rather than make posts that make no vaild points.

I await your reply.

O

Old Nicodemus

Well roger me sensless and call me Caroline.. I'd wondered where all those fireworks we ordered for the last relic raid had disappeared to!

Looks like someone nicked them and slapped them up cHo's Robe!

:merlin:

Go get em cHo!

;)

L

liste

and bloody nerf the reply speed today! I was merely adding an edit to my post regarding a post you'd posted to my reply that was posted before my first post was finnished, regarding your previous comment to my previous post.

bleh :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom