What you think we get as compensation?

A

Arnor

I darent guess more then 2hours "free" daoc time :ROFLMAO:

maybe they'll even insult us with a free day :eek:

Is it just me that thinks that a free ANYTHING is just straight up sucky?

Back in the days they got xp worth of 20 orange solo kills, give us rps ffs!

Give us something that matters, not a fucking cent worth of subscription or two

S

Shagrat

a free fluffy, romping stomping all action Arnor doll.

With realistic anti-zerg arm action and interchangeable hamster costume

C

cHodAX

Whatever they come up with won't be enough to compensate for the lack of information and utter disregard for 26,000 paying customers.

S

Shaurr

As reward they promise to do Friday news at Saturday latest, for few weeks at least if they aren't on vacation or don't have to go home for dinner.

K

KinkyYeppy

A yellow rubber duck to make our bathtime more enjoyable.

S

svartmetall

Originally posted by Shagrat
a free fluffy, romping stomping all action Arnor doll.

With realistic anti-zerg arm action and interchangeable hamster costume
rofl

U

uncle

To be honest I would be happy with a guarantee that -

a) nothing like this will happen again

b) we will get a lot more info on what is happening and why in the future

oh and c) that they will stick to the above points!

K

Keogh

OK so they didn't keep us informed. What if they had done nothing and the cracker(s) managed to delete all character ionformation from the servers, leaving us with no toons and GOA with no back up's to restore them?

Surely 1 day without the game is a small price to pay if they sort out their security?

Keogh (Managing Director GOA) :D

F

Flimgoblin

I'd prefer the free playtime to be honest - what's free XP other than less gametime? what's free RP other than less gametime? :)

The points aren't the game, they're the measure of it.

<insert something wise and probably taoist about journeys and destinations>

C

cHodAX

Originally posted by Keogh
OK so they didn't keep us informed. What if they had done nothing and the cracker(s) managed to delete all character ionformation from the servers, leaving us with no toons and GOA with no back up's to restore them?

Surely 1 day without the game is a small price to pay if they sort out their security?

Keogh (Managing Director GOA) :D

Your post started so well but then turned to shit. If you knew anything about the way businesses handle servers and client data you would know that they could run a serverwide backup and then announce the problem to the public. After that they could wait and watch for an attempted hack, trace the offender and report him to his ISP and national police service. Our accounts were never in danger at ANY time, GOA will have rolling backups archived for weeks if not months to ensure those problems would never occur.

Now you say one day down for them to fix security is a small price to pay, I would normally agree with that but this game has retail for 20 months and that is an extremly long time to plug the holes in your network. The holes that appear to have been left open are unforgiveable, if it turns out to be someone using developer tools suppiled to GOA that is even worse.

You will see alot of apologists on these forums for GOA, they can't face the fact that GOA are supplying a poor service. That poor service isn't downtime on the game servers but the complete lack of information and updates, slow and poor patching that introduces new bugs and the fact we have GM for the English speaking servers that goes missing in action every time the fit hits the shan.

A

_asq_shazzy

We won't get anything free from GOA, we wouldn't get free game time unless the servers were done for a few days, but they are back up. They are sending out the emails because some people are already back on the servers. So they are doing there jobs, its just waiting for the emails now to come in, this is no different then the major patch days. Apart from Prydwen getting hacked hehe, wish i was there when they happened :D

S

svartmetall

You forgot a 'RightNow' service that equates to 'RightNever', and no CSRs (although we pay the same as US players who DO get CSRs)...but other than that you're right on the money.

N

Nazghul-

Best compensation would be to find and procecute (and execute pls ;) )the criminal who hacked the server.

C

cHodAX

Know what annoys me most? The E&E people have Kemor's ear, they can contact him at will with thier problems but the rest of us are just left to rot, he ignores any email or posts but if you kiss GOA's arse for long enough you get E&E status and actually get treated like a proper paying customer is entitled to expect.

K

Keogh

Originally posted by old.cHodAX
Your post started so well but then turned to shit. If you knew anything about the way businesses handle servers and client data you would know that they could run a serverwide backup and then announce the problem to the public. After that they could wait and watch for an attempted hack, trace the offender and report him to his ISP and national police service. Our accounts were never in danger at ANY time, GOA will have rolling backups archived for weeks if not months to ensure those problems would never occur.

Now you say one day down for them to fix security is a small price to pay, I would normally agree with that but this game has retail for 20 months and that is an extremly long time to plug the holes in your network. The holes that appear to have been left open are unforgiveable, if it turns out to be someone using developer tools suppiled to GOA that is even worse.

You will see alot of apologists on these forums for GOA, they can't face the fact that GOA are supplying a poor service. That poor service isn't downtime on the game servers but the complete lack of information and updates, slow and poor patching that introduces new bugs and the fact we have GM for the English speaking servers that goes missing in action every time the fit hits the shan.

I'm no appologist for anyone, I just don't fucking climb out of my pram cause I can't play A GAME for a while. If people like you can't grow up and accept that a day or so's downtime happens once in a while, and it's not like it's every fucking week, then go play something else. Most of us are sick and fucking tired of your constant whinging.

You go and run a fucking company like GOA and then when you show the world how to run it without hiccups then come back here and complain about other companies.

Untill then fuck off.

S

svartmetall

Originally posted by Nazghul-
Best compensation would be to find and procecute (and execute pls ;) )the criminal who hacked the server.
Make an NPC with his name and likeness, set respawn time to 10 seconds, then we can kill the dickless little twat over and over and over again.

B

boomeruk

I'm no appologist for anyone, I just don't *BEEP* climb out of my pram cause I can't play A GAME for a while. If people like you can't grow up and accept that a day or so's downtime happens once in a while, and it's not like it's every *BEEP* week, then go play something else. Most of us are sick and *BEEP* tired of your constant whinging.

You go and run a *BEEP* company like GOA and then when you show the world how to run it without hiccups then come back here and complain about other companies.

Untill then *BEEP* off.

yea... as he *BEEP* said. just go and *BEEP* off you *BEEP* *BEEP* ok? good *BEEP*

L

liste

Know what annoys me most? The E&E people have Kemor's ear, they can contact him at will with thier problems but the rest of us are just left to rot, he ignores any email or posts but if you kiss GOA's arse for long enough you get E&E status and actually get treated like a proper paying customer is entitled to expect.

You've no idea what you're talking about, old man.

I'm assuming Kemor's mailbox is quite litterally exploding. With RightNow down, people will send their bug report/question/whatever to anywhere else they can think off. I'm assuming he's _very_ busy working with other stuff than usual as well, making it even more flakey to get a reply.

If you think E&E leads to stardom, by all means, apply for it. I'm guessing you wont get in, with an attitude like that, though. It's not about having a 'free CSR', its about helping people if possible, its about helping GOA if possible, and its about being a link between player base and developer (going both ways).

Feel free to discuss this further with me, if you have a problem. I'm no Fanboy, and i believe i do my best to help when i can.

And i'm certainly not a Spy!!!11 like Brannor! :p

C

cHodAX

I'm no appologist for anyone, I just don't fucking climb out of my pram cause I can't play A GAME for a while. If people like you can't grow up and accept that a day or so's downtime happens once in a while, and it's not like it's every fucking week, then go play something else. Most of us are sick and fucking tired of your constant whinging.

You go and run a fucking company like GOA and then when you show the world how to run it without hiccups then come back here and complain about other companies.

Untill then fuck off.

Hmm poor response, I never climbed out of my pram but instead gave you good examples why GOA are performing so poorly. You gave 'Until then fuck off'. How very mature of you, does mummy know you are up this late?

S

specialdave

Ahh well, may as well throw my cap in the ring .......

to me the problem is not the servers being down for a day (hopefully) if it means as a result we have better security, however as a paying customer (a phrase which is getting heavily used at the moment) I do expect a greater level of communication from my service provider.

I do not believe that any other service companies which make their money from a subscription basis could get away with simply giving one message, without regular updates and not expect customers to get the hump.

I appreciate BW is not an 'official forum' however someone in cusomter service should be keeping their customers in the loop. Personally I believe it is a simple case that they believe their entire customer base are children and after all who gives a monkey's about them!

Imagine your electriciy supplier / rail operator (and I am from the UK so used to crap in this department) cutting the service without regular updates on status. Even bloody ntl are more communicative about outages.

Oh and do not even get me started on the 'being aware of problem since 18 Aug, but was enjoying the sunshine too much to take steps'!

Anyway, back to lurking. My 2 cents are spent

C

cHodAX

Originally posted by liste
You've no idea what you're talking about, old man.

I'm assuming Kemor's mailbox is quite litterally exploding. With RightNow down, people will send their bug report/question/whatever to anywhere else they can think off. I'm assuming he's _very_ busy working with other stuff than usual as well, making it even more flakey to get a reply.

If you think E&E leads to stardom, by all means, apply for it. I'm guessing you wont get in, with an attitude like that, though. It's not about having a 'free CSR', its about helping people if possible, its about helping GOA if possible, and its about being a link between player base and developer (going both ways).

Feel free to discuss this further with me, if you have a problem. I'm no Fanboy, and i believe i do my best to help when i can.

And i'm certainly not a Spy!!!11 like Brannor! :p

Let me clarify Liste old bean. Your average player has ZERO chance of a respose from Kemor these days but an E&E player can easily get a reply, ok maybe not easy but on a normal day it is fifty times more likely to get a reply than a non E&E. Now maybe my post made out that all E&E's are a bunch of GOA arse lickers which is unfair and I apologise but many of them are GOA arse lickers. They bury thier heads in the sand or defend GOA when there is no defense to be given, I can't understand how anyone in there right mind can not see that GOA have an appalling track record when it comes to customer support.

The lack of information and updates is disgraceful, can you explain to me why this is the semi-offical forums for DAoC and yet the English speaking GM is no where to be found on a daily basis? Can you explain why he never answers private messages even for important matters? Can you answer why we get a single information post a week from GOA and that is usually late on a regualr basis? Can his workload be so high that he can't even reply to posts on the forums which DESERVE an answer? If so then he needs help or he should quit because right now he is not doing the job we are paying him for.

People can flame me all they like, I have never been sensitive and I can give as good as I get or ignore it althogether. People can deny the truth all they like, GOA need a major kick up the arse. They take 100,000's of Euros a month in subscriptions and they can't even keep the subscription site up on a regular basis. It is not like we have just started out, the game went retail 20 months ago and you expect major problems early on but in recent months the problems have spirialled out of control and GOA have gone back into hiding instead of giving us the support we are paying for.

C

-chancer-

as compensation they should give us a 3rd english server :D

K

Keogh

Originally posted by old.cHodAX
Hmm poor response, I never climbed out of my pram but instead gave you good examples why GOA are performing so poorly. You gave 'Until then fuck off'. How very mature of you, does mummy know you are up this late?

Maturity has nothing to do with it. So what if GOA are a poorly run company. I have been playing DAoC for 6 months with something like 2 days downtime, no problems that really caused me any problems when the new patches came online and basically just 6 months of having a good time.

And since my mummy has been dead for some 10 years I seriously doubt it. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom