What would you do if .....

G

Guilt

Say you have chosen,for whichever reason,to play albion on excal and have made a less grp friendly class like cabby,wizzy or even become one of those thousand pallys.After completing the arduous task of hitting level 50 and one way or another equipping yourself with some sc u go to emain and get slaughtered time after time due to not belonging to a strong rvr guild or not being part of a balanced grp.Would u just idle at apk?
I think not!Would you delete and reroll?But this is the realm you've chosen and like.I think this (fckin) game is forcing the average alb player to zerg cause there simply isnt another way to kill some enemies and get some rps and have at least some fun with the game (even if that means ruining other ppl's fun).So ... from now on i think i'll never whine about albs zerging again :D

just my 2 cents /kiss

Z

Ziva

Try to find likeminded people (I'm sure there are plenty), join/make a guild and zerg when/whatever you like while having fun with your guildies.

Even though i also prefer fair fights with equal amounts of people i can totally understand why and how zergs exist. Just try to have fun with people while zerging :D

V

Vrollo

What is a balanced group?

Last week I was in an odd alb group setup

Cleric, 2 Reavers, Pally, Theur, Sorc, think another cleric and my friar. We even won 2 or 3 fg vs fg fights.

So even without a perfect balanced group you can still have fun and win.

Or go solo to HW or Odins

O

old.Laryssa

go HW/Odins
join a RvR Guild

erm now i get it ... alb ... alone - there must be enough peeps at the apk to grp with :D

R

-RG-Jaond

I would for sure not stand all day long at amg emain in my epic

V

Vrollo

Originally posted by old.Laryssa
erm now i get it ... alb ... alone - there must be enough peeps at the apk to grp with :D

Erm yup :(
It's so sad most of the time to get a group. They keep inviting my bb, coz there seems to be a shortage of clerics sometimes. But usually I see people yelling at apk lfg and hardly any responds to the request, but I think other realms have the same problem.

G

Glottis_Xanadu

Well, each Alb class has a role it plays.
If I had a lvl 50 cabby I would first use it at tanglers to pl a bb and farm some cash. Get some nice sc gear, and then join every single keep defense I could (if matter).
If spirit, and halfway decent rr, I would solo in Emain, looking for some solo action (and getting frustrated at not getting any).
Or join a caster group as part of a 2fg roaming party.
Ice wiz is a similar story.
Theurg is a great class for fecking over the healers in a hib or mid group.
Only class I see no real function for except resist buffs are friars. Scouts, infs should not group (unless making a stealth group).
For the rest pallies, clerics, minstrels, mercs, armsman, sorcs alll are pretty populair.
The other classes might have to take the trouble of building their own groups.
Regards, Glottis

G

Guilt

Yeah all classes have a function but how many of each can u have in a grp? :p
And to those who say join a rvr guild,yeah right! /send Quicksilver(random name) hi m8 i am rr1 paladin can i join your guild? (be honest ppl)
Go solo in odins/hw as wizz or caby or any class whatsoever,sure that will give u loads of rps,provided all the stealthers will let u pass,not to mention the occasional fg tired of emain.I dont speak for myself nor my thread is,i just see the wider view.

Another 2 cents /cheer

D

Divinia

Originally posted by Guilt
Say you have chosen,for whichever reason,to play albion on excal and have made a less grp friendly class like cabby,wizzy or even become one of those thousand pallys.After completing the arduous task of hitting level 50 and one way or another equipping yourself with some sc u go to emain and get slaughtered time after time due to not belonging to a strong rvr guild or not being part of a balanced grp.Would u just idle at apk?
I think not!Would you delete and reroll?But this is the realm you've chosen and like.I think this (fckin) game is forcing the average alb player to zerg cause there simply isnt another way to kill some enemies and get some rps and have at least some fun with the game (even if that means ruining other ppl's fun).So ... from now on i think i'll never whine about albs zerging again :D

just my 2 cents /kiss

if zergling=yes 'then'
"player cant play for shit"

O

old.Filip

If some1 cant see the other player's point of view then he is a RL noob .....

S

Sichama

Originally posted by old.Filip
If some1 cant see the other player's point of view then he is a RL noob .....

I totaly agree...

And all i can say is that do the best you can, i have seen very different kind of people solo, duo, or beeing in small groups, just pick out a non primetime hour and do it, i bet its hard for a non stealther but at least then every RP you get is 50 times more worth it than beeing in a "Perfect", fotm group.

S

swords

Do what we did...make an RvR guild designed for a bunch of casual players (the odd fotm hardcore noob too eh Wako :p ) and play together.

doesnt need to be perfect as long as it has all the essentials.
he'll we've beaten fotm setups with 7 men lacking a sorc, it can be done :)

R

Rg.Roller

And to those who say join a rvr guild,yeah right! /send Quicksilver(random name) hi m8 i am rr1 paladin can i join your guild? (be honest ppl)
Go solo in odins/hw as wizz or caby or any class whatsoever,sure that will give u loads of rps,provided all the stealthers will let u pass,not to mention the occasional fg tired of emain.I dont speak for myself nor my thread is,i just see the wider view.

Another 2 cents /cheer

should researched a little into the character before creating it i feel, you wont be a 100% sure but your definately get the idea of how well equpied a class will be in RvsR. Just duo up with someone that has speed or complements your class skillz. Joining an RvsR guild can be tough but you would be suprised how many still think that epic is still teh rox! You only need to make friends with a few key grp friendly people to get a firm basis for daily-weekly RvR.

L

Lessurl

Well, if i was one of those classes i would either.....
Go to HW and solo/make a small group. Can get some nice small scale fights there, though you do have to start avoiding the beaten path a bit more nowadays as it's starting to become a bit more populated.
Or, join/start a guild with people who play the game for fun not rps. Make whatever group you can throw together and head out and have a laugh. You'll be surprised how well a supposedly gimped group can do if they play well. :)
Don't be disheartened if you lose a lot in either scenario to begin with, with a bit of practice most group setups can do ok. Just don't fall into the mentality of, well they beat me i better bring more people next time to make sure i win. Never make any progress that way. :)

F

Faeldawn

Originally posted by Vrollo
Erm yup :(
It's so sad most of the time to get a group. They keep inviting my bb, coz there seems to be a shortage of clerics sometimes. But usually I see people yelling at apk lfg and hardly any responds to the request, but I think other realms have the same problem.

Have your bb accept the invite then use the bot to ask the group if they can invite your "friend" (this would be you ofc), once yer in the group have the bot decide its dinner time or somesuch and log :)

N

-Nuked-

just my 2 cents /kiss

its weird .. coz if you have about 60+ people that seem to think like you do, then surely every night you could put together what you have and maybe run as 2fg's. dont make excuses for your zerging :p you may suck, but not enough that you need to out number the average fg by 6:1, you have more then enough people that arnt group friendly to move as 2 sets of 2fg's, thats what i would do if i had enough people standing around, that wont make up 1 balanced group.

T

tuathra

hi, i make my own groups.

Far better than running with ppl you dont know - or who cant learn from you/teach you.

this is where all the problems for all pp is, the lack of spirit to make your own groups i know for sure this is the sit. in hibbie, and i can see its the same in alb.. and ill bet its the same in midgard.

ppl are simply just to lazy to really be able to compeed coz they dont want to invest time and effort.

- Tua

K

Khalen

As some already said joining a rvr group if invited (and if I'm in the mood + bored/time). There were days in beginning when I did idle at ATK to get a group but I'm way past that now.

D

[DK]hakke

The exact reason why people roll stealther alts.

I

Iswind

I think my class is the living example of it the thane i dont get grps and my realm dosent have a ffa zerg going in emain every day...

ie im screwed... so what do i do i ither hunt stealthers with my brother in emain or hw.. dosent rake in the rps but i get to rvr :/

but ive started working a sb to only lvl 37 so far but maybe hell ding 50 someday and my grping problems are over then :)

G

Guilt

Originaly posted by -Nuked-

its weird .. coz if you have about 60+ people that seem to think like you do, then surely every night you could put together what you have and maybe run as 2fg's. dont make excuses for your zerging you may suck, but not enough that you need to out number the average fg by 6:1, you have more then enough people that arnt group friendly to move as 2 sets of 2fg's, thats what i would do if i had enough people standing around, that wont make up 1 balanced group.

What are you talking about bro?Have your read my sig? I play MIDGARD :doh:
And i can honestly say that as long as i have been in my guild we have never ever ran more than 1fg so please take your : "look i am so smart" quotes to some flame post.All i did was remark on how hard it is to play and have fun as an average alb,as for those who zerg on purpose that's another issue which has no point in arguing about

/kiss

G

Gordonax

Partly it comes down to being in a good guild. When we go for RvR runs, we tend to forget about trying to form perfect groups, and just balance what we have as much as possible, with the aim not of farming the max RPs, but of just having a laugh. And when you beat the crap out of a "balanced" group with a bunch of so-called gimps, it really is a laugh (happens more than you'd think, too).

Having said that, I've been in some mad groups in Emain. One was two clerics, two friars, a couple of casters, and me - yes, the mincer was MA. It was great fun - there was so much healing power I was virtually impossible to kill, a fact that didn't actually seem to register on the stupid Mids we took on. It was like they just didn't know how to deal with anything except a "perfect" group - no flexibility, no thinking, just an assist train on a character they couldn't kill. Hilarious.

B

Belomar

Originally posted by Gordonax
It was great fun - there was so much healing power I was virtually impossible to kill, a fact that didn't actually seem to register on the stupid Mids we took on.
To be honest, most friars I know have very low rejuv and like to hit things with a big staff instead of healing... And two clerics is standard in a "perfect" Alb FotM RvR setup. ;)

H

Hestetun

just my 2 cents /kiss

Lets say u choose mid for example , but make a fotm savage like 0+635689p674896746907608376 have done before u. Do u then go on irc and think ur leet and skilled . YES I DO! Or do u idle at mpk :) or do u delete and try some more challenging realm ? Nah u like being owerpower fucker with no skill , just a big mouth xD And then u become part of BC zerg squad, couse BC cant even beat a mage grp , couse they plain suck :) Wiiwii rocks tho :)

D

deerstalker

Originally posted by Glottis_Xanadu

Only class I see no real function for except resist buffs are friars. Scouts, infs should not group (unless making a stealth group).

Regards, Glottis

Scouts can perform well in a group in emain, as long as they are willing to use 100's of arrows per hour.

In the random guild groups we have, I do pretty well, see a healer / skald / bard / pbaoe nuking little luri git*1

engage rapid fire and spam arrows at them, it either drains thier healers power to keep them alive or they move away from group mates who are mezzed and ready to be pbaoe'd..

When longshot is up you can effectivly stop skalds / bards from running out of range and comming back to mezz a second time. Assisting the main tank and spamming rf causes a LOT of enemy tanks to use FH / IP or equivelent.

In a stealth group 2xScouts using assist can take nearly any character type down pretty fast, rapid fire is usless in this circumstance as your either laying a trap for solo'ers / duo's or making an initial attack before the friendly 2fg mini zerg comes along.

There are only two opponents that I try to avoid getting "agro" from, hib pbaoer's and those fotm wristbladed savages*2

DS.

*1 = splat em with loads of rf :D 300+ arrows on one of them a couple of weeks ago

*2 = only ever come in full trains..

G

Guilt

Originaly posted by Hestetun

Lets say u choose mid for example , but make a fotm savage like 0+635689p674896746907608376 have done before u. Do u then go on irc and think ur leet and skilled . YES I DO! Or do u idle at mpk or do u delete and try some more challenging realm ? Nah u like being owerpower fucker with no skill , just a big mouth xD And then u become part of BC zerg squad, couse BC cant even beat a mage grp , couse they plain suck Wiiwii rocks tho

Stong constructive reply.Fyi (not that it matters) i stopped lvling my savage at lvl 48.5 cause i almost killed a fully buffed rr6-7 scout who got the jump on me.But i am probably lying since u seem to know what EVERY mid/excal player thinks,feels,is capable of.

P.S The fact that your GG loses 99% of fg vs fg fights vs my GG doesnt justify u running with another 1-2 fgs in close range (imho ofc).
And the fact that DH can pretty much pwn us (sadly) with 1fg make u look even less skilled and more like a spoiled child in my eyes.Unless u think DH beat us with RR and RAs alone.

/kiss (got nothing against u honest)

J

jatski2

Met two exc/albs this other day on pryd/hib, i asked them what they thought of excal rvr.

One of them was a firewizz, he had recently got VP he liked to roam and cast VP it was really good leechspell.

The other one was a cleric, he liked to solo when zerg was out. He got lotsa rps from rezzing, sometimes 150.

Now, i've only talked to 2 exc/albs (during these kind of circumstances) and both of them were zergling stereotype imo. My guess is that there are quite many of these out there. I take it this is partly why albs zerg also, what could they else do to win?

One question tho, dont tell me the warderzerg contains of solo ppl? :\

(yeye, so i made a few statements from only 2 albs)

Users who are viewing this thread