What was the most powerful post ToA set up ?

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
8 nature druids..

8 assisting ml9 yellow con pets. Wait till all 8 DI3's are down then spam RR5 until you win!

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Arethir said:
Pffft, all owned by 1 BG'er on a healer/cleric.

Cleric/Healer will be interupted by an adding ranger.. I still win!

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Arethir said:
/guard + /intercept + /engage :flame:

Ranger added using the champ line dot..

You stand there with your shield out like a muppet!

I win! :drink:

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
brad said:
Shut up lol. Take a keep as fast as i could with 8 tics. :england:

8 Tic's is an Alb group..

Why do they need to do it fast? they have all night! :kissit:

Glacier

Fledgling Freddie
Origninal poster's group is seriousley fucked vs any mixed group that can interrupt/has baod3, and some RR on healers.

My fav 8man would be:

Bard [Soj]
Druid [Perf]
Druid [Perf]
Vw [BM]
Lighteld [-.-]
Menta [WL]
Hero [BM]
Blademaster [BL]

Nice and balanced.

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
All I was doing was "theme" nights, did a reaver ones, minstrel ones ( yarly), heretic, mec.

Even with shite players in the group , we still didnt need any skill at all. Our 5 ML9'd pets would just cause the mayhem and allow us to win win win

My apologies for even trying to encroach on your ego, of course we could never beat your group... or any top group really, we just killed sub rr5 zergers. Im deeply sorry for even slightly implying we might have been able to.

cant see anything about your 'theme' nights approach in your posts, implying something is "most powerful ToA setup" and specifying it for 8 people seems kinda scewed to me when clearly that setup has been doing nothing other then run in zerg areas and which really never ever went for the fg areas.. so to justify your thread id write "most powerful 16 slot", atleast then you would be able to justify it with respect to reality.. ;)

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
It's funny when Staj gets owned.

its funny when all you do is troll this forum for posts you got no clue about, only to execture #115166233 personal grudge reply..

im sorry for whatever has happend to you in this game for you to not let it pass :fluffle:

preacherboy

Fledgling Freddie
Mid Set up

Cave sham
Aug healer
Pac healer
+2 runi on assist
Skald with sos
Zerker
Warrior

Ps...All on the mic...ofc ra+rr will favour most grps

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
its funny when all you do is troll this forum for posts you got no clue about, only to execture #115166233 personal grudge reply..

im sorry for whatever has happend to you in this game for you to not let it pass :fluffle:

Well you got owned there and it's nothing personal.

Funnily enough Sorc/Caba groups were pretty FOTM and nasty once, especially on US servers, pre SoI nerf/determination boost, but what do I tell you, Zede got it all right already, so sod off :).

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Stallion said:
cant see anything about your 'theme' nights approach in your posts, implying something is "most powerful ToA setup" and specifying it for 8 people seems kinda scewed to me when clearly that setup has been doing nothing other then run in zerg areas and which really never ever went for the fg areas.. so to justify your thread id write "most powerful 16 slot", atleast then you would be able to justify it with respect to reality.. ;)

Funny how most people used the opportunity to post the groups that they considered would beat it and why, and you simply used it as an excuse to point out how shit he was and how great you were.
If you can't see quite how pathetic that looks then really I feel sorry for you.

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
Funny how most people used the opportunity to post the groups that they considered would beat it and why, and you simply used it as an excuse to point out how shit he was and how great you were.
If you can't see quite how pathetic that looks then really I feel sorry for you.

has nothing to do with him being shit nor not, dont think I even wrote that...

although I do question the statement about it beeing "powerful".. :eek:

Arethir

Fledgling Freddie
Well, I would agree with powerful. The most powerful setup however, never! There's no pala!

The TT setup clerics/sorc/theurg/caba/pala/merc/tic is to me the most versatile(sp?) setup, as it can stand its ground against pretty much any enemy setup. Hybrid is the way to go in the long run for a stable group throughout patches and enemies adopting.

However the lucky charms group with 2 theurgs/2 cabas rather than merc/tic, could kill more and faster. But run it enough to make the enemies adopt to it and I don't think it would stand as long as a hybrid.

(PS: Do remember Onigiri/Bodyrot(Ilem)++ running cabalist setup in OF, had something like 2clerics/2sorcs/pala/3cabas(or 4 with 1 sorc?). Now that was fun! :D Pure killing spree, and all I had to do for my rps was simply shuffle through the casters BG'ing this and that, watching them drop like flies :D)

Septina

Part of the furniture
One of the setups i remember we did quite good with was.

Valgair (rr11 healer)
Boooomer (rr11 healer)
Dilandio (rr11 healer)
Sigel/Demodar (rr11 shaman)
Grawen/Becksvart (rr11 sm)
Skranglet (rr9 bd)
Moriendi (rr8? rm)
Waddle (rr8ish warr)

Very good healing power, nuke power, interrupts, worked very nice with the slam + caster assist tictacs. :)

Usually ran -1 healer and +mambahm8 or fujeh on zerk also :O
Remember first night we ran 3 healers tho, had such troubles dishing out damage then for some reason, couldnt really die but didnt drop anything either at first. :p

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
carrying on the /mememe theme lol

I think we probably had most success in TC with this setup earlier in the year:

RR11 Paccer (Nate)
RR11 Augger (Ozill)
RR11 Shaman (Ovron)
RR11 SM (me)
RR11 BD (Skar)
RR11 Skald (Tesla)
RR11 Warrior (Perly)
RR7 Valk (Szwokkie) <3 our mascot ;)

Biggest probs we had was vs TT and FL with their damn evil theurgs :worthy:

Shame we never did quite make it to 8 x rr11's before ppl left or we had to get replacements (I sooo wanted to get a screenie like in the Valheru movie hehe)

Tend to agree with this, only group that ever caused us consistent problems was Conclave, never met an alb group that was anywhere near as difficult to fight (even the zergs were easier to kill than these guys) and most other mid groups were frankly not on the same level.

Kraben

Can't get enough of FH
Tend to agree with this, only group that ever caused us consistent problems was Conclave, never met an alb group that was anywhere near as difficult to fight (even the zergs were easier to kill than these guys) and most other mid groups were frankly not on the same level.

Such gimp players in that group though..

j/k GO TC GO! :drink:

Kraben

Can't get enough of FH
Regarding this topic I think the biggest feel of being successfull was with the old low rr Savage Conclave group (Team Savage). Building up from rr2-5 and becoming more and more of a threat to the other set groups and much higher rr's in average. The first victories vs them and the better and better teamplay overall. Real shame that the group semi disbanded, when it started to get real interesting, due to various reasons.. who knows how long we could have taken it.

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
oh wait so why did you stop running? once the proper competition came out you logged off or how was it? :D

The same could be said of you Stajj. Where are you now when the servers strongest groups are running? Once CM come out you have already logged. Couldn't cope with being owned? Had to reroll mid/Limors where you only run when mid have all 6 relics?

As to most powerful setup what about the 4x reaver bomb groups before TWF got nerfed. Could any other group wipe so many people in such a short time?

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad

Agree'd.. When I ran with the Link Dead pug, we could compete with a lot of the hib and mid grps at the time, but whenever TC rolled out, we would put up a fight, but always ended up eating dirt! We even ran pass them once, when they were fighting a hib grp, and I /wave'd at Nate.. He then later asked me why we didn't join in on the fun :D

Think we beat them once or prehabs even twice tho so the score would be something like 124 - 2 :ninja:

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
The same could be said of you Stajj. Where are you now when the servers strongest groups are running? Once CM come out you have already logged. Couldn't cope with being owned? Had to reroll mid/Limors where you only run when mid have all 6 relics?

As to most powerful setup what about the 4x reaver bomb groups before TWF got nerfed. Could any other group wipe so many people in such a short time?

So you dont think I hold the almighty truth? Well glad to agree neither do I, its just my opinion.. which allows me to question other peoples opinions..

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
the only setup I have ever seen (3 years of toa, 3 different clusters) that will win the majority of fights even if played in a horrible way is this:

friar
cleric
theurg
sorc
arms
minstrel
reaver
merc

next to that any flavour of an alb castergroup can be near unbeatable, but still, they have to kite pretty flawless to be able to do that against hib/mid top groups. ive only seen one group do this.

apart from maybe bdc there hasn't been any group on dyvet abusing a grossly overpowered setup since NF.

Zede

Part of the furniture
I ran 5 tics in grp on one of the premades - failed miserably ! aoe root is not your friend.

5 Minis with Gamah as lead was a laugh.

5 Reavers all rr8+ was unbeatable indoors ( we wont talk about twf stacking, killed 86 in one go durint the infamous "stalky" grps)

But the Caba grp was by far the most op !

Bluesky

Fledgling Freddie
Mid Set up
+2 runi on assist
pfft SM+RM >> RM+RM in fg rvr :)

Such gimp players in that group though..

j/k GO TC GO! :drink:

Some of us are still gimped hehe. Our Summer Group was a riot tho eh Kraben - all around rr4-6 at the start iirc but had some wicked times while it lasted tho. Missed your BG'ing on Krauz for a LONG time after that :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom