What the hell is wrong with some of you?

MaddogUK

Fledgling Freddie
So..since returning I've done virtually NO rvr and stayed out of the frontier other than quest related missions. Considering I hadnt played in about 4 years and the labby expansion I had enough to do to catch up before the supposed "transfer".

So I'd decided to roll a brand new SB. level him, kit him out and take him out to the frontier for the first time today.

Lets just say I'm disgusted at my fellow middies (though clearly the other realms are not above this)! Where ever I go It's either duals, shouts of "dont kill" or just standing there whilst your rr 1 toon (kinda hard to earn rps when the BGs are empty) gets rapedd by 2 rr 10 Albs! Thats if I'm lucky enough to find enemy players that is.

Since when did DAoC become "dual" based? What happened to "fighting for your realm"? Why is it, when I run to assist a realm mate, 5 enemy stealthers suddenly appear, kill me then re stealth leaving the solo dualer unharmed?
Why am I taking abuse from rage filled halfwits who think shouts of "Do you know who i am noob" are going to stop me playing the game the way it was designed? Why is it, when I'm being attacked by an enemy player a group of idiots stand next to me not assisting me but just telling me not to fight!

No wonder the game died. GOA didnt kill it...the dualers killed it!

Is it the same on Ywain cos its pointless transfering if it is!

Rowster

Fledgling Freddie
With so few people on the server(s) atm, it seems most are happy to test out builds/spec/templates/tactics etc until the 'real' rvr begins after the transfer. I was a little miffed when the same happened to me recently, but now i actually find it kind of useful for the above reasons to duel people, rather than run around for an hour hoping to find a solo stealther.

Last night i made a good few RPs by joining a Bunny group and helping them roam Argamon for a couple of hours. May i advise you try the same, as genuine action in RVR is just not going to happen regularly elsewhere with so few people about.

Another option, msg me here and we can meet up somewhere quiet and do some private duelling. I'll guarantee you'll get some RPs, as i suck atm (template full of holes til i hit rr8/lvl arties) and i could do with the practice :cheers:

Septina

Part of the furniture
So..since returning I've done virtually NO rvr and stayed out of the frontier other than quest related missions. Considering I hadnt played in about 4 years and the labby expansion I had enough to do to catch up before the supposed "transfer".

So I'd decided to roll a brand new SB. level him, kit him out and take him out to the frontier for the first time today.

Lets just say I'm disgusted at my fellow middies (though clearly the other realms are not above this)! Where ever I go It's either duals, shouts of "dont kill" or just standing there whilst your rr 1 toon (kinda hard to earn rps when the BGs are empty) gets rapedd by 2 rr 10 Albs! Thats if I'm lucky enough to find enemy players that is.

Since when did DAoC become "dual" based? What happened to "fighting for your realm"? Why is it, when I run to assist a realm mate, 5 enemy stealthers suddenly appear, kill me then re stealth leaving the solo dualer unharmed?
Why am I taking abuse from rage filled halfwits who think shouts of "Do you know who i am noob" are going to stop me playing the game the way it was designed? Why is it, when I'm being attacked by an enemy player a group of idiots stand next to me not assisting me but just telling me not to fight!

No wonder the game died. GOA didnt kill it...the dualers killed it!

Is it the same on Ywain cos its pointless transfering if it is!

It's been like this ever since the Dyvet population went to the crapper.
There are no groups out whatsoever, the rvr population primetime is ~20 people on a good day. 99% of the rvr population out these days are people playing their 'solo' characters. Most people wont add, most people will add down anyone that adds on an ongoing fight. This wont change untill Mythic gets their thumbs out of their arses and actually sorts the character transfers.

But remember m8s --> 'early april' :D

Edit: If you seriously think this will be the general playstyle after transfer you clearly have not played on Ywain. :)
Edit2: Ywain population should be ~3k primetime and with the transfer it will be even higher, there wont be any possibility to have these kind of duel-circles on Ywain at all.
You cant really judge this game basing it on how the rvr on Dyvet is these days. :p

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
roll a hunter and put some arrows into them from range! It works :D

Stalkz

Fledgling Freddie
Some people are just morons though :(

I was doing the Labby quests last night on my Friar that involve going to the RVR zones to do various things, twice i was killed without provocation, i can understand its an RVR zone and that you enter them at your own risk, im fine with that.

But when its a FG of Mids going after a Tower i happen to be near, and was infact running the other way from them, they decided that killing my RR2 Friar who was fleeing from them, without even provoking them, was clearly a serious threat to them /boggle.

Its obvious if someones in an RVR zone and up for RVR, its also obvious if someones in an RVR zone and only there because of whatever quest they are doing has taken them there, leave them be ffs.

Same goes to the Kobby SM who nuked me when i left Labby to summon the NPC for the Labby quests i was doing, he nuked me once, i didnt even try and fight back instead run for the Zone in to Labby, but he kept on nuking, RP hungry tossers are exactly that, and they just serve to make others a bit more bitter about this game unfortunatly :(

Oh well....

aika

Can't get enough of FH
I agree that it sucks, I find duelling boring, it takes the excitement out of the game.

I much more prefer to roam and find things to kill.
edit: Problem is that there's not enough pop in rvr to roam, thats why duel circles are formed in the first place
trust me, its totally different on ywain, I myself cant wait for a transfer already, however I have doubts that it will come some time :(

Septina

Part of the furniture
I agree that it sucks, I find duelling boring, it takes the excitement out of the game.

I much more prefer to roam and find things to kill.

You cant kill stuffs, you just die to black dyed norsemen!!111

:)wub:)

MaddogUK

Fledgling Freddie
Dualing in a war game is just stupid.

Dualing lacks skill (sorry but it does). A war situation is not "controlled".

Stalkz..Tough luck. You being killed by an enemy player isnt them being a moron, its them doing what they are supoosed to. Your complaining about the total opposite of what I'm saying! If I see red, I attack and I expect no less from enemy players. But I also expect to be able to support and recive support from my realm mates..not be bitched at because they want to dual...or worse, left to die to two enemy players whilst they stand there and spam emotes at me whilst I die!

Far to many idiots just stand there and do nothing instead of helping and doing what the game intends. I really REALLY do not want to play this game if thats the sort of people I'm going to have to share a server with!

Septina

Part of the furniture
Dualing in a war game is just stupid.

Dualing lacks skill (sorry but it does). A war situation is not "controlled".

Stalkz..Tough luck. You being killed by an enemy player isnt them being a moron, its them doing what they are supoosed to. Your complaining about the total opposite of what I'm, saying! If I see red, I attack. I expect to support and recive support from my realm mates..not be bitched at because they want to dual!

So in other words, you play the game the way you want, correct?

delete

Can't get enough of FH
I myself cant wait for a transfer already, however I have doubts that it will come some time :(

Its prolly all a lie to squeeze a few bucks out of us before they close the server completely. :sex:

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
MaddogUK.. Tough luck. You being killed by an enemy player isnt them being a moron, its them doing what they are supoosed to. You are complaining becuase you didnt get free rps, but became free rps

Perhabs attack one of the bystanders instead of attacking an enemy that is already engaged and you will have a fight on your own? - If this does not appeal to you, reroll alb and join Kzar on Ywain

Dyvet isnt real RvR atm because of the low pop, but if you want "FOR THE REALM!!"-mentality, you'll love Alb on Ywain

Other than that, suck it up bitch, release and go back out there and attack someone who is not engaged as that is clearly not the free rps you were expecting

Stalkz

Fledgling Freddie
No, my point is, if your a FG and you happen across a low RR solo player blatantly not interested in fighting a FG, then why not atleast give them the chance of a 1 on 1 rather than just all steam rollering that person, or better yet, let them be..

But your right, its a PVP game, if your in an RVR zone then your free game, its Mythics fault i guess for putting the quests for Labby in RVR zones and you have to understand this when you do them, that you will probably get ganked.

Tbh, i got ganked twice while doing quite a few quests, spent quite a few hours in the RVR zones doing them, so i count myself lucky that the pop is as low as it is.

Infact with that said, its opened my eyes to potential ganking spots for my NS / Ranger when we move to Ywain :)

Bahumat

FH is my second home
if you want more instant action with everyone intent on killing the enemy, goto Labby. But avoid Shrine of Nethuni (South) as that's where OP classes duel :p

MaddogUK

Fledgling Freddie
See corkz...your exactly whats wrong with this game on this server.

All the following has happened today between my various toons.

1) See 1 middie fighting 1 alb. Run into help kill alb, 2 alb stealthers depop, rape me then back away leaving what was clearly (at the point) a dual to commence.

2) See one middie standing on enemy bridge. No enemys in sight. I walk up next to him, about to type "any action"? then BANG...3 Alb stealthers depop, shag me sideways then promptly re-stealth leaving the other guy totally alone (who's busy jumping and running in circles). This has happned quite a few times lately. This "dont attack" policy is utter BS.

3) Attack a tower to reclaim it. Middies allready attacking (One of the quest towers). Get inside and there's an Alb. I proceed to attack. The rest of the halfwits just stand there do nothing. 1 says..Dont attack but by then it's to late and I'm dead.

4) Do exactly what you advise, attack the by stander...yeah. Thats works because the fight stops and everyone turns and attacks me whilst the other guy stands and laughs..

5) Take my shammy out to do part of the Labby quest (after giving up on attempting to do any rvr), see a fellow Middie fighting a Hibbie. I throw heals on him at which point the fight stops and I get pmed abuse?

and so on..I cant be bothered writing each incident but the above shows that rvr is dead! The Dualists have claimed the Euro frontier for themselves..hurrah!

So this is the type of bitch play you like is it? Wow Cork...you clearly are skillless.Clearly what sort of twat thinks the above is acceptable gameplay in a war based MMO? High or low population its not acceptable. But yeah..I see what your saying..lets make out that someone "playing as the game intended" no matter what the population is, is trying to get free rps.Couldnt I just go do the realm task missions for that..why yes..yes i could! So...cant get a group cos there is none, cant solo in the frontier because even my own realm mates are my enemy in the frontier and cant say a thing about it because some bastard in the forums insults me and tells me to play Alb..pfft..you kiss your mother with that mouth?

Yeah..Like I said..idiots like you who have killed the game!

@Septina Not the way I want, the way it's supposed to be! What part of "If it's red, its dead" am I not following? I see an enemy..I attack. If I'm being attacked by an enemy I expect a fellow middie to join in and help kill said enemy.

Silly me..yes..I did want to play it may way..the way the game was sold to me originally!

lpep

Can't get enough of FH
With so few people on the server(s) atm, it seems most are happy to test out builds/spec/templates/tactics etc until the 'real' rvr begins after the transfer. I was a little miffed when the same happened to me recently, but now i actually find it kind of useful for the above reasons to duel people, rather than run around for an hour hoping to find a solo stealther.

Last night i made a good few RPs by joining a Bunny group and helping them roam Argamon for a couple of hours. May i advise you try the same, as genuine action in RVR is just not going to happen regularly elsewhere with so few people about.

Another option, msg me here and we can meet up somewhere quiet and do some private duelling. I'll guarantee you'll get some RPs, as i suck atm (template full of holes til i hit rr8/lvl arties) and i could do with the practice :cheers:[/QUOTE can I come duel ya ;)

lpep

Can't get enough of FH
It will take peeps a while to get used to a busy server,u will get plenty of revenge on ywain ;)

Septina

Part of the furniture
@Septina Not the way I want, the way it's supposed to be! What part of "If it's red, its dead" am I not following? I see an enemy..I attack. If I'm being attacked by an enemy I expect a fellow middie to join in and help kill said enemy.

Silly me..yes..I did want to play it may way..the way the game was sold to me originally!

Show me where, in any rulebook where it says you HAVE to attack every enemy you come accross. It's YOUR choice as a player to add on an ongoing fight or not as long as it's not breaking any rules in the game. :p

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
1) Fuck you, spell my name right, atleast I gave you that much respect!
2) Dyvet is currently in sleep-mode and people are playing the relaxed-layed-back-style. Or atleast some/most are
3) Calling me skill-less because I don't give a fuck about how people rvr on a server that barely has 100 people on at primetime, where most people are out pveing and getting ready for Ywain just made me lol!
4) If you can't kill shit on your newly made "pure-solo-but-will-add-on-everything"-shadowblade, then get a group and gank the shit out of the duelists?

You might call me skill-less, but clearly you are fucking clueless! You haven't been around for the past 4 years, while I have, so shut the fuck, stop ranting and do something about it rather than go sobbing on an internet forum

Septina

Part of the furniture
2) Dyvet is currently in sleep-mode and people are playing the relaxed-layed-back-style. Or atleast some/most are
3) Calling me skill-less because I don't give a fuck about how people rvr on a server that barely has 100 people on at primetime, where most people are out pveing and getting ready for Ywain just made me lol!
4) If you can't kill shit on your newly made "pure-solo-but-will-add-on-everything"-shadowblade, then get a group and gank the shit out of the duelists?

You might call me skill-less, but clearly you are fucking clueless! You haven't been around for the past 4 years, while I have, so shut the fuck, stop ranting and do something about it rather than go sobbing on an internet forum

sports-pictures-james-oneal-go-girl.jpg

:worthy:

Stalkz

Fledgling Freddie
you got a 1v1 vs my RM at laby entrence yday, yet you still whine.

lol i wasnt even trying to PVP, i was summoning the npc and you nuked me from the back, its pretty obvious im not interested if i turn and run for the zone line rather than attack you? :p

p.s Bastard! i had to run all the way back and summon it again :)

aika

Can't get enough of FH
newsflash : Cornokz killed dyvet

more at 11!

Punishment

Resident Freddy

vw_oh_snap.gif

Rowster

Fledgling Freddie
See corkz...your exactly whats wrong with this game on this server.

So this is the type of bitch play you like is it? Wow Cork...you clearly are skillless.Clearly what sort of twat thinks the above is acceptable gameplay in a war based MMO? High or low population its not acceptable. But yeah..I see what your saying..lets make out that someone "playing as the game intended" no matter what the population is, is trying to get free rps.Couldnt I just go do the realm task missions for that..why yes..yes i could! So...cant get a group cos there is none, cant solo in the frontier because even my own realm mates are my enemy in the frontier and cant say a thing about it because some bastard in the forums insults me and tells me to play Alb..pfft..you kiss your mother with that mouth?

Yeah..Like I said..idiots like you who have killed the game!

You are missing the point entirely.. DAoC as a game is not about duelling, but the server IS at this time as there simply aren't enough people around to provide '4 years ago' style RVR. Ywain is absolutely nothing like Dyvet, so don't judge your future views on rvr based on your current experiences.

Having said all that, with your attitude i'd imagine people will be 'rofl spamming' you from all realms, whatever server you play on. Really was no reason to start insulting people who are telling you how it is.

P.S. Forget the duel.. it'll be assassination

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
youll find that all play styles are catered for on ywain 8v8 zerg and duels the important thing to figure out is where all this is going on agramon is usually the place for 8v8 and unless your rr8+ and geared up to fuck dont waste your time.

duels usually occur need keeps due to the run back factor and the zergs are as always uncontrolled and just happening anywhere.

ywain is very different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom