what. the. fuck. :p

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Bhalage said:
since im very active in hibernia i know they are.
not an 'instakill from 2000range' class but just go 1vs1 toe-to-toe one and win, mr smartass : )

1vs1 and win? Against what? Casters? Blame Charge-RA; yes Charge is very OP in those cases; but not Vamp-specific.

Against melee-classes? Heavily depends on the melee-classes, to be specific; any shieldtank will roll over a Vampiir. Friar's and Savages will roll over a Vampiir (too high defense to build up defenses for the Vampiir). Light-tanks are a good fight; but the *ONLY* reason Vamps win at times is the Fumble-debuff. Without the Fumble-debuff all other light-tanks will kill a Vampiir. If the first fumble-debuff is resisted (level 31 spell) the other tank will win.

Then again most people just go with the flow, Catacombs class ---> therefore Overpowered. The fumble-debuff might be abit OP; but without it the Vampiir will loose all fights against melee-classes. So if its OP to have a chance to win a fight, well.....

Yma

Fledgling Freddie
Face it, excluding heretics and valks all cata classes are more or less OP in something, denying it is just silly. They have their weak points too, and we all know them, it's not that since catacombs all the realm is playing vamps bainshees and warlocks because they're unstoppable ...

The problem is that they're OP by design (and Mythic wanted it so, imo) ... I'm skeptic about adjusting them without making them gimped, what you say with the fumble debuff and vampiirs works as well with instas and warlocks.

Bhalage

Fledgling Freddie
Puppet said:
1vs1 and win? Against what? Casters? Blame Charge-RA; yes Charge is very OP in those cases; but not Vamp-specific.

Against melee-classes? Heavily depends on the melee-classes, to be specific; any shieldtank will roll over a Vampiir. Friar's and Savages will roll over a Vampiir (too high defense to build up defenses for the Vampiir). Light-tanks are a good fight; but the *ONLY* reason Vamps win at times is the Fumble-debuff. Without the Fumble-debuff all other light-tanks will kill a Vampiir. If the first fumble-debuff is resisted (level 31 spell) the other tank will win.

Then again most people just go with the flow, Catacombs class ---> therefore Overpowered. The fumble-debuff might be abit OP; but without it the Vampiir will loose all fights against melee-classes. So if its OP to have a chance to win a fight, well.....

what ever you say, i see great potential in vamps, its natural u defend the class u play m8

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Bhalage said:
what ever you say, i see great potential in vamps, its natural u defend the class u play m8

I see great potential in druids too; but I wouldnt call em overpowered ;)

Luz

Fledgling Freddie
Why is it "natural to defend your class" I dont understand :s

I think vamps are OP´d but then I havent dont much RvR yet. :p
I think about 80% of the classes are OP´d in various situations :clap:

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Bhalage said:
haha i like you, you are funny
:worthy:

Hehe; well Im mr.funny :NOT:

But seriously; whenever I talk to people they say Vampiirs are overpowered. But *WHAT* makes em overpowered then. Warlock is easy; instakilling RR10 people is OP; easy as pie.

Vamp OP? What is OP? I can parry, I can evade (if I get the buffs up; therefore I need mana) but not more then any other class gets typically. I can drain endurance from my enemies; but thats something available in a ML-line too. My fumble-debuff seems to be the make-or-break thing in winning or loosing versus ANY melee-class (and quite a few melee-classes could take 2 vampiirs at a time lol) so with it Vamps are perhaps OP against some classes; but without it ALL melee-classes are OP against Vamps = thin line of balance?

My melee-resist-buffs? Totally irrelevant against any high-WS class; they will cap regardless on leather with its 10% crush-weakness, 15% heat weakness. My magic-resist buffs? Well they are cool; but in most cases Charge means victory in 1vs1 against caster; not the resists.

Is it perhaps the mixture of all that stuff which makes the Vamp OP? So a Mercenary with Wings Dive and EM2 is OP too then?

What is it that makes Vampiirs overpowered. I really dont see it AND I loose alot of fights with my Vampiir too. 9 out of 10 people who say Vamps are OP dont even know how a Vampiir works and we start on VERY LOW mana which enables us to fire 1 offensive (haste/WS) and 1 defensive (parry/evade) at start. After that it depends on us hitting in melee and that actually depends on the defenses of my enemy.

Bhalage

Fledgling Freddie
Puppet said:
Hehe; well Im mr.funny :NOT:

But seriously; whenever I talk to people they say Vampiirs are overpowered. But *WHAT* makes em overpowered then. Warlock is easy; instakilling RR10 people is OP; easy as pie.

Vamp OP? What is OP? I can parry, I can evade (if I get the buffs up; therefore I need mana) but not more then any other class gets typically. I can drain endurance from my enemies; but thats something available in a ML-line too. My fumble-debuff seems to be the make-or-break thing in winning or loosing versus ANY melee-class (and quite a few melee-classes could take 2 vampiirs at a time lol) so with it Vamps are perhaps OP against some classes; but without it ALL melee-classes are OP against Vamps = thin line of balance?

My melee-resist-buffs? Totally irrelevant against any high-WS class; they will cap regardless on leather with its 10% crush-weakness, 15% heat weakness. My magic-resist buffs? Well they are cool; but in most cases Charge means victory in 1vs1 against caster; not the resists.

Is it perhaps the mixture of all that stuff which makes the Vamp OP? So a Mercenary with Wings Dive and EM2 is OP too then?

What is it that makes Vampiirs overpowered. I really dont see it AND I loose alot of fights with my Vampiir too. 9 out of 10 people who say Vamps are OP dont even know how a Vampiir works and we start on VERY LOW mana which enables us to fire 1 offensive (haste/WS) and 1 defensive (parry/evade) at start. After that it depends on us hitting in melee and that actually depends on the defenses of my enemy.

mate u really dont have to prove me anything..
really

beertime :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom