What made you pick your forum name ?

S

(Shovel)

A drama sketch in pre-GCSE English gave rise to a character named Barry Shovel. He lived above the chip shop in the next village. I didn't think of it, but nicked it when I started playing Quake 2 online.

It was shortened to Shovel some years ago. The brackets exist because someone else got "Shovel" about 4 years ago.

F

fishrex

mines FISHrex, cos i was drunk one night many years ago and got myself a free mail account and forgot what it was i just mispelt my surname but i thought id keep it cos back in the day it was cool to have an x in your name. I use it for most things now.

Ah my name is also a part name for a bit of fishing eqipment

http://www.fishinggiant.com/fisrexyoutco.html

C

CptDoom

To strike fear into the hearts of all, to promote feelings of awe, to make people plop their pants whenever the mighty CptDoom's name was even dared to be mentioned.

Ok, I was pissed but the above still holds true

S

Sir Frizz

Originally posted by leggy
It was a nickname someone gave me at work. I used it once or twice and got to know a few people on the servers I played on so I kept it :)

John Lithgow?

:p

Anyway;

the-frizz <--- Old forum name, the original due to me having a mass of hair at the time. :)
Sir Frizz <--- Played through FFVII again, and got inspiration from a summon monster - nerd in da house!

C

Cdr

Fraid mines quite boring - as much as I'd like to say its the initials of my name, or it means Commander - it's neither :(

When starting out in online games, I was desperate to get 'into' a game, and quickly needed a name. As my eyes scanned across the desk, they fell upon a CD-R. So I picked that, and I've had it ever since.

I

Insane

"burn baby, burn" :)

god im sooo bored at work today.

i'll get my coat :(

M

ManDevil

Mine is just my surname minus two letters at the end.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Originally posted by Wij
I've had this nickname since I was about 9.

Funny you should mention that, I call my brother Wij, Wijgy, or Vij. Have done for about 24 years now. Never really call him his real name.

Call my dad, Lofty, but he is short, don't ask why.

Mum is called Mama Gucci or Mama Gucch (Mama Gootz).

My name used to be TheDBs when Ted first introduced me to this mayhem, stood for "The Dogs Bollox", then I shorted it to DBs.

Now I like Deebs as thats how people pronounce DBs.

Right I don't feel as if I hijacked the thread about what I call certain members of my family :p

L

~Lazarus~

Originally posted by DBs
Right I don't feel as if I hijacked the thread about what I call certain members of my family :p

Well, once again "deebs" you are in the minority.

However, since you have the power then you probably have the right; therefore Ill get my coat!

L

leggy

I pronounce it in my head as DeeBees.

Does that make me odd?

D

doh_boy

I'm sure this has been done before on these forums..anyway

surname + sex == myname

doh(erty) + boy :)D) = doh_boy

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Originally posted by ~Lazarus~
Well, once again "deebs" you are in the minority.

However, since you have the power then you probably have the right; therefore Ill get my coat!

Don't forget your scarf, gloves and hat as well. Don't want your clothes strewn all over the place.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Originally posted by leggy
I pronounce it in my head as DeeBees.

Does that make me odd?

Dunno does it?

L

~Lazarus~

Originally posted by DBs
Don't forget your scarf, gloves and hat as well. Don't want your clothes strewn all over the place.

Only had my coat. Light summer one cos us guys up here are right 'ard.
:)

btw - when you changing my title? Or do titles only get handed out to those who "lick" the deepest
:puke:

I

Insane

Or do titles only get handed out to those who "lick" the deepest
:puke:

they must be getting close to the tonsils by now, the amount of recent forum titles got given out. :D

J

Jonaldo

My name is Jon. I should be playing football for Brazil if it weren't for..
1) I'm not Brazilian
2) I'm crap at football
BUT!!!1 should I be playing football for Brazil I would be called Jonaldo, and I can't believe some wannabe me striker stole the idea! :eek:

My history on here has been;

Cornell - My Dark Age of Camelot name
Elft0r!!1 - erm, silly period, named after silly online comic
Omniscieous - A rather long and twisted alternate on Omniscient, used in DAoC and Planetside

Jonaldo.. that's it, sorry for boring you all with that.

C

Cdr

btw - when you changing my title? Or do titles only get handed out to those who "lick" the deepest

BAN FFS!!!111!!

D

dysfunction

Originally posted by DBs

I think he arrived wearing just a coat...

M

~Mobius~

Mobius is my online persona, I just added the ~ ~ to look arty!

T

throdgrain

Originally posted by ECA
Actually I was reading a book a few weeks back and saw the name but the name of the book has since slipped my mind.

Pm or post on here dude :X

The book is Gormanghast by Mervyn Peake . You been reading that ECA ?

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Registered as:

Aird -> my DAoC character
changed it into
sickofit... -> as I started flaming hardcore on the DAoC forums due to being sick of the mindless drivel posted there
changed it into
UncleSick(tm) -> as I started chilling down again. I am a very nice person after all. Right, Jup?:p

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Bastard! I hate you! et cetera

Go aweeeeh!:(

S

Summo

Originally posted by Farsight
I figured that if short sight means you can only see things close to you, and long sight means you can only see things far away from you, and hind sight if the wisdom of things behind you, then far sight must be the wisdom of things yet to come.

Wouldnt we all like that?

PS. I would have use Foresight, but the similarity to Foreskin was just too close for my myopic old eyes :)
And, of course, Foresight is actually a word meaning seeing things yet to come.

HEY! WAY TO MAKE UP A WORD THAT THERE'S ALREADY A WORD FOR BUDDY YEAH!

D

dr_jo

My name's Jo, I want to some day get a Phd in Biochemistry. And Dr Jo Sounds cool.

Never played an online game, so I needed a name.

Y

Yoni

Mine stems from the fact I can be a right C*** and Yoni seemed a polite way of saying this :uhoh:

Unintentional breaking of the TOC - I only answered the question posed:p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom