What made you pick your forum name ?

A

Ash!

There really are some weird and wonderful names on the BW forums. What made you pick yours ?

E

Embattle

I use it for all my games, forums, etc and iirc I found it while flicking through a dictionary many years a go.

L

L_Plates

When i first started online / lan gaming, i was crap hense the name :)

E

ECA

because.....when I started playing cs again I changed meh name and ECA is the acronym for it.

Although I've since gone back to the original.

Oh I started ECA because I lost my original login :-]

T

Testin da Cable

well, it was what I did while still on cable. sadly testin da adsl doesn't have the same je ne sais quoi to it :/ good thing everyone calls me tdc

C

Ch3tan

It was better than what i used as logins for most things, and far better than the stupidly common darkangel tag i used in games. I changed everything to my name, but with a 3 instead of an e -you know to make it all cool and different and l33t or something.

L

~Lazarus~

use it for all online activities.

minus the squiggles

L

leggy

Mine is a shortened version of a really bent name I used in online games.

It was shortened by Trem I think as it happens. *wubs*

T

throdgrain

I often wondered about that name Leg. Like, why you chose it ...
Mine is a reference to a book no one has read, I wont boreyou any further.

D

Delboy

I used it a lot elsewhere. Started using this alias in '98 thinking "noone else will want this one".

Now there's a new "Delboy" born every minute.

I need a new alias, and I actually found one. But I might end up using my real name or something very similar (growing up?)

X

xane

I used to be "camazotz", which is the name of an Aztec bat god.

When I started online I used a Dungeons and Dragons book on South American mythos, I liked "quetzalcoatl" and "tezcatlipoca" but both names were often too long (for Quake2) and after a while they were taken by others anyway.

It did seem "camazotz" was unique, not many people used it, but it was also the name of a planet in a children's book, so some people picked it up as a name (like for Hotmail).

I changed recently to "xane" because it's one I've always used before I started gaming and it's closer to my real name, plus my ego got over the whole "unique name" thing too :)

O

old.D0LLySh33p

Leggy = Legendario :)

Mine is just the one I use in all games.

D

dysfunction

The Reality Dysfunction book from The Nightsdawn Trilogy - Peter F Hamilton

I thought it would be an ok forum name to have.

T

throdgrain

Originally posted by old.D0LLySh33p
Leggy = Legendario :)

Mine is just the one I use in all games.
Except for The Badger of Crawley , or Berk2 I suppose ;)

L

leggy

It was a nickname someone gave me at work. I used it once or twice and got to know a few people on the servers I played on so I kept it :)

I

Insane

mines simple really :)

pity everybodys insane these days.

homes getting a bit crowded now with the new people :(

O

old.D0LLySh33p

Badger Of Crawley, berk mk2, Trem's Left Breast, Thoddy's Right Testicle...

The list goes on :)

T

TedTheDog

I'm named after my teddy bear.
Yes, really.
Oh, and yes, thats him as my avatar
:m00:

F

Farsight

I figured that if short sight means you can only see things close to you, and long sight means you can only see things far away from you, and hind sight if the wisdom of things behind you, then far sight must be the wisdom of things yet to come.

Wouldnt we all like that?

PS. I would have use Foresight, but the similarity to Foreskin was just too close for my myopic old eyes :)

E

ECA

Originally posted by throdgrain
I often wondered about that name Leg. Like, why you chose it ...
Mine is a reference to a book no one has read, I wont boreyou any further.

Actually I was reading a book a few weeks back and saw the name but the name of the book has since slipped my mind.

Pm or post on here dude :X

B

Big G

"Gaz" was my first choice, but it was taken, so i choose the name my girlfriend's mother calls me "Big G" ;)

G

J

Jonny_Darko

Originally posted by TedTheDog
I'm named after my teddy bear.
Yes, really.
Oh, and yes, thats him as my avatar
:m00:

I still sleep with a bear I've had since I was one. I named him as soon as I could speak, and it was only when I reached my teens that I realised "Whitey" is a far cooler name than I had previously thought! ;)

As for this name, I can't remember. I'd imagine it was just after watching a certain recent film though.

S

Swift^

Wazzerphuk is a random nonsensical word with no meaning or use.

Swift^ however, was taken from Mampi Swift - the greatest Drum n Bass DJ... the ^ was added because some other bastard has Swift. :)

M

Munkey-

I got this from my CS playing name at the time (which before had been Hamster and then Fish before i settled on Munkey) during my SASteam days. I'd heard somebody in the server say it meant 'dick' so I decided to stick with it.

Although on the odd occasion i do get accused of copying Korns drummer name.

W

Will

Originally posted by Will
I won't make you think too hard about mine.:p
The History of Will on the forums

Itchytrigafinga <----Taken from Human Traffic
Itchy <---- You can only type Itchytrigafinga so many times
Will. <---- My proper name
Will <---- Thanks bigfoot

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom