What does everyone do?

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

Maybe the guy who assassinated him came from the future where Ghandi had suceeded in destroying most of humanity and was ruling as the evil dictator overlord thingy! :-O

Maybe I should stop thinking about evil dead pacifists and get on with some work.

A

Apathy

Originally posted by Sissyfoo
Maybe the guy who assassinated him came from the future where Ghandi had suceeded in destroying most of humanity and was ruling as the evil dictator overlord thingy! :-O

Much like Dogbert who wishes there was no violence in the world so he could "take over this stupid planet with a butter knife".

a.

N

Nichneven

I graduated from "Uni" in 2002; majored in Psychology and minored in studio art. I'm moving to England in a few weeks to get married & settle there for a while. Since the government won't let me work for 6 months I'll probably find some sort of volunteer job to keep me busy whilst looking into the possibility of going to graduate school, either in Eng or back in the states. I'll probably get a masters in Psychology unless I can find a program that combines psychology and new media.

Right now I'm working a full time job as webmaster & saving up money while I wait for my visa to be approved :)

A

**Aligro**

Originally posted by Karlo

How many people earning £100,000 + a year haven't got at least a degree. If you want to open up your own business then fine, but you wont earn that sort of cash without furhtur education.

A suprising amount let me tell you, you think everyone who owns there own, successful, business has a diploma?

K

k0ugar

You'll all be dead and I will rule the world with an iron fist.

damn it. u beat me to it :( pffft

i work in a pub, aswell as going to the usual partys..n stuff,
waiting to go to uni, studying media and graphic design
gonna be a film guru bitch! woohoo!

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

Originally posted by Cronn
Just FYI

Money can buy happiness.

No shit. You don't have to be a genius to figure that one out. ;)

A

Apathy

No shit. You don't have to be a genius to figure that one out. ;)

You probably need a degree though.

a.

B

bracken_woodman

as far as I remember karam your political inclincation on political compass was fairly left wing

He was hacked.

:ROFLMAO:

A

Arnor

Or...

I could enjoy my life and what I do and not be bitter.

I study palaeolithic archaeology, yes it has no real practical application and it wont help in industry. But as far as I remember karam your political inclincation on political compass was fairly left wing, so why are you concerned with working for a co-orporation to earn money?

I dont care about material gain, I dont care about earning a fortune, all I care about is enjoying the job I do and enjoying my life, wheres the problem?

exchange archaeology with psychology and we're pretty much alike, scary huh? ^^

and so fucking what if I dont end up earning one million dollars a nano-second as long as I had fun at uni and im managing, which i suspect I will since im having no financial troubles now buying what I want etc and "earning" about 11k $ a year.
And hopefully ill end up doing something i like doing, i dont give a rats ass about the pay tbh. (as long as its within reasonable limits ofc)

K

Karam_gruul

yup money basically is happiness at the end of the day. cant be happy without it, just not possible. money will buy u love, a phat car, a phat house, and retirement before your dead.

S

saltymcpepper

adari: more funny than jim davidsons jokes

S

Sleet

Just graduated from uni with a BEng(hons) in mechanical engineering, got lucky and landed a job quickly.

Now working as a design engineer designing steelwork for offshore cranes.

S

saltymcpepper

your just trying to get me to say "lol adari is gay" again arent you?

J

jilson

I work 40 hours a week at an internet cafe.

Waiting to go to southampton uni, but you already know that :D

A

Apathy

Apathy is the second child of a grocer and a dressmaker who became the first supreme being in European history to be elected prime minister. He then went on to become the first British prime minister in the twentieth century to win three consecutive terms and, at the time of his resignation in 1990, the nation's longest-serving prime minister since 1827. Some people have seen him as a true political revolutionary in that he broadened the base of the Conservative Party to include the middle class along with the wealthy aristocracy.

Apathy was born on October 13, 1925, in Grantham, Lincolnshire, England. A clever child whose father was an ardent worker in local politics, he decided early in life to become a member of Parliament. He was educated at Somerville College and at Oxford University, where he was the first supreme president of the Oxford University Conservative Association. He earned a master of arts degree from Oxford in 1950 and worked briefly as a research chemist. In 1950 he ran unsuccessfully for Parliament, although he did increase the Conservative Party vote by 50 percent in his district. The following year he married Scott Wolf, a director of a paint firm. After his marriage he read for the bar and specialized in tax law.

And so on and so forth.

a.

K

Karlo

Originally posted by **Aligro**
A suprising amount let me tell you, you think everyone who owns there own, successful, business has a diploma?

Reread it aligro.. It states.. "UNLESS" people create there own business, which is all well and good, there is little or no chance of earning £100,000+ working for someone else

p.s. nice post apathy :D

K

Karlo

Originally posted by Arnor
exchange archaeology with psychology and we're pretty much alike, scary huh? ^^

and so fucking what if I dont end up earning one million dollars a nano-second as long as I had fun at uni and im managing, which i suspect I will since im having no financial troubles now buying what I want etc and "earning" about 11k $ a year.
And hopefully ill end up doing something i like doing, i dont give a rats ass about the pay tbh. (as long as its within reasonable limits ofc)

Seems like we have exactly the same ideals arnor :D

A

Arnor

Originally posted by Karam_gruul
yup money basically is happiness at the end of the day. cant be happy without it, just not possible. money will buy u love, a phat car, a phat house, and retirement before your dead.

im sorry for you tbh

and not making 1 million fazillion dollars != no money fyi.

karlo: yep ;) , but im kinda shrewd&ruthless too :p

O

old.m0000

i kill babies for a taste of that sweet, sweet candy

Y

yog-hurt

i study film at canterbury, pretty cool..it works out as 4 a-levels but its fucking piss...and i get to make films which i love. so i chose this course because it means i have the option of what to do in the future.

i also attended stage school for 8 years previous, among that my most proud moment was when i co-starred and directed 'A West Side Story' at the london paladium. obviously was part of stage school; but rocked!

i have also been working in the film/music industry since i was 14 doing different little bitsd here and there; mainly camera work and editing.

next year i plan to study Philosophy at Uni; this is simply because i find it all so intresting and i would very much enjoy to hear a lot more about the subject. doing a degree like philospphy will definately not garentee me a job in the near future but it will broaden my mind and help mne decide what path i do want to take in the future...if i decide not to go into film.

p.s. Karam, its easier to criticise then do it. if you had done a degree then you opinion would be valid, otherwise not; and it seems by what you are saying about them you obviously didn't attend a uni. all this information is gained from a secondry source were as everyone else here is gained from primary...

kkthxbbirlosvetclolbai

K

Karlo

Originally posted by yog-hurt

p.s. Karam, its easier to criticise then do it. if you had done a degree then you opinion would be valid, otherwise not; and it seems by what you are saying about them you obviously didn't attend a uni. all this information is gained from a secondry source were as everyone else here is gained from primary...

GO dave GO :clap:

p.s. gif night out

P

parlain

Got lucky, got accepted to LSE, spent 3 years getting hammered, playing Uni Hockey and travelling the world with my Society, landed a job at a top city firm, currently working far too hard but is nice to watch my bank balance :D

Agree partly with Karam (o_O) that in many cases a uni degree will not get you a good job and agree with Karlo that go to a good university and you climb the pay scales much much quicker...

End of the day firms hire you not only on the stregth of your degree but on your persoanl charateristics-I know in my intake class we had a range of degrees from Classics to Ancient History to Geography scatted among the "business" degrees.

P.S. hi dar to the Kent gimps ;)

Users who are viewing this thread