What does everyone do?

R

Repent Reloaded

Just outta interest what does everyone do with there lives when not playing camelot?

Ive just graduated from Univeristy of Southampton and am doing a masters degree in Human Origins startng october.

Atm ive got a summer job working in genealogy (family historys) geting paid shit all, to do shit all.

So what do the rest of you do?

hmm, relax, i relax alot, chill out to music, play football, just finished a Nat dip in I.T, goin onto public service next term, go out clubbin every now and then, bout 2 - 3 times a month, see friends about 2-3 times a week (like to keep myself to myself sometimes)

goin to yorkshire for a week with some m8s on Monday, local pub, no one around for miles, some weed, classic :)

S

saltymcpepper

you forgot about riding around in a car shooting up 'da white boys wit yo homies

Y

yog-hurt

karam....im still waiting for a smart, witty comment in retaliation...

please?

A

Annouk

Afraid im another Uni student apparently doomed never to have a 'decent' job or earn any money.... no wait... u mean i can still be happy doing something i enjoy??? since when?!!... :rolleyes:

i study maths cuz i actually enjoy it (yes i know im strange) and i start my level 1 accountancy course in september. Apart from that i got Lorgar to keep me busy ;) :sex:

C

Ceap

weighing in pretty late with the uni debate, basics imo is this

1) Knowledge is power. school is not about learning abc's, its about conditioning the brain to think. we dont study algebra or latin for a practical purpose, they are to force the brain into within a different shaped box. algebra, for instance, forces u to convert numeric symbols into alphabetical ones, and vise versa. it's problem solving, which is directly aplicable to rl (now if only i knew that at at 13)

2) University is not about degrees. A population with, for instance, 50% of its school leavers pusuing higher education will result in a surplus of uni-educated people in the job market. This leads to a raising of standards by employers because they have more college graduates to choose from (Indonesian McDonalds branches require a degree for their burger flippers ^^).

3) University teaches u the practical skills of time keeping, fiscal managment (overdraft ^^) perservearance, and the aforementioned outside-the-box-thinking. It builds contacts and shows an ability to dedicate yourself to one subject for 3-4 yrs. It gives you a crash course in human relations (Student union on friday night ^^) social interaction etc.

4) It allows you to pursue a subject for the sake of pure interest.

5) It pisses of our Education Minister (UK) who remarked something along the lines of 'Education for educations sake... bah!'... yes, thats the man in charge of our education ^^

6) It opens you up to a word of extra-curriculmn activities... yes, dull i know, but how many got into the war campaign through yer school or uni?

IMO leaving school at 16 is possibly the dumbest thing u can do. For a start, once you turn 19 and wish to go back you have to pay for schooling, all yer mates have moved on etc. While initially u are making more, once those 'wet behind the ears' college grads get a job they will soon pass u career- and moneys-wise.

Users who are viewing this thread