What do you do for a living?

K

Kagato.

Originally posted by Whisperess
My my, what a sad little person you are.

I worked as a game programmer at Unique Development Studios AB in Sweden (www.uds.se), have EJay Clubworld and Futurama - The Game as published titles and 'The Kore Gang' as upcoming published title.

Now kindly stfu.

Don't let em get to ya, he's just being grouchy.

I happen to have a couple of friends who work on games or for game companies (even have a friend who works for goa, poor bastard), there not that uncommon.

C

Conchabar

the computing industry is shit atm is all i know so anyone wanting to get in it atm should think else where.. all the ppl who thinks its cool to be programers should realise its not as fun as it seems... looking at lots of programing text for hours on end and trying to find bugs and crap aint fun and long hours no social life etc.

the only ppl that get payed to play games atm is 4k and make money :p

being a games tester suxs as u have to play 1 lvl for eg over and over again till u figure out all the bugs :p

O

oblivion_6

i work as an analyst programmer for a big banks IT division doing all sort of fun things like COBOl :(

But i get paid to post in here in between doing work

:clap:

R

--Random--

My my, what a sad little person you are.

I worked as a game programmer at Unique Development Studios AB in Sweden (www.uds.se), have EJay Clubworld and Futurama - The Game as published titles and 'The Kore Gang' as upcoming published title.

Now kindly stfu.

oh sorry, putting a link in there totally proves your position of games programmer, and what i didnt mention is i to program games, look! www.ea.com

W

Whisperess

Originally posted by --Random--
oh sorry, putting a link in there totally proves your position of games programmer, and what i didnt mention is i to program games, look! www.ea.com
I don't have to prove myself to you.
You are not even worth the time it takes to write this.

/dismiss

C

Conchabar

I don't have to prove myself to you.
You are not even worth the time it takes to write this.

/dismiss

dont listen to him whisper hes just an idiot his sig says it all :p

A

Aoami

I'm at college in Winchester (3rd best a-c's in britian college xD) doing Classics, Early History, Computing and Human Biology.

Work part time in a pub whom's car park backs on to my garden :p

Fun all the way....

R

Ravenbourne

Originally posted by swords
OI NHS ENGINEER COME FIX OUR PATH LABS FAX/PRINTER/PHONE ETC.
PS the Pod system fucked up 3 times today GET FIXING IT!!!!!

(MLA Patholigy Royal Surrey, NHS underpaid, overworked)

oh im doing a degree in Biotchnology at UNIS aswell...kinda.

that the one in frimley? :)

I work in an office, yay excitement

O

old.TeaSpoon

Currently taking my A levels, working part time as an IT consultant for a few local small business, part time as a lifeguard and helping run a local charity and going to Essex Uni next year to study Computer Science or Systems, depending on what I decide :)

L

loxleyhood

Im a student at a Grammar School in England in the lower sixth. I study English Lit., Government and Politics, Classical Civilisation and General Studies. I tend to truant during general studies.

I have no job and I shoot down any suggestion of getting one with really, really, big guns.

In my spare time I try to get the girl across the street and to become King of Excalibur server.

A

Aoami

Originally posted by loxleyhood
Im a student at a Grammar School in England in the lower sixth. I study English Lit., Government and Politics, Classical Civilisation and General Studies. I tend to truant during general studies.

I have no job and I shoot down any suggestion of getting one with really, really, big guns.

In my spare time I try to get the girl across the street and to become King of Excalibur server.

Just out of intrest, have you done a classics essay on the whole Oedipus play yet? Fancy lending me it if you have? :p

A

Alkoran

Random, how stupid are you?

Most games programmers like games. There are quite a lot of games programmers now. Therefore, if you play games online, you're likely to meet a few games programmers.

W

Whisperess

Originally posted by Alkoran
Random, how stupid are you?

Most games programmers like games. There are quite a lot of games programmers now. Therefore, if you play games online, you're likely to meet a few games programmers.
That's actually a requirement for quite a few positions within the industry :)

L

loxleyhood

Originally posted by Aoami
Just out of intrest, have you done a classics essay on the whole Oedipus play yet? Fancy lending me it if you have? :p

No, I can help you out with Book 5 of The Odyssey and The Wasps if you want. :)

A

Aoami

Aww, we're not doing The Odyssey until A2 >.<

Oedipus, Agamemnon, and The Aneid this year afaik.

L

loxleyhood

I did the Aenid last year in Latin. It was great because when I walked into the hall to take my Latin GCSE someone had carved, 'Latin sucks Aeneus,' into my desk. I thought that was good. :)

A

Alkoran

That's actually a requirement for quite a few positions within the industry :)

Best ever work experience IMHO :D

K

Karlo

Doing a Masters in the Archaeology of Human Origins and Southmpton uni.

PhD next year ;)

O

old.Thanatlos

I work on chip design etc. (not the potatoe kinds)

S

shadybrack

Im in the upper 6th studying maths, business studies, and ICT bahh less thna a year left tho!!.

then i gtg uni or summit..

T

Telamon

Originally posted by swords
oh im doing a degree in Biotchnology at UNIS aswell...kinda.

Biatchnology or Biotechnology? :)

S

shadybrack

Originally posted by 'Shy
No one cares about my waffles :(

i'd ask u 2 cook me sum waffles but i just had 3 muffins at McD's :x

Users who are viewing this thread