What did you have for Christmas dinner?

Lemming

Fledgling Freddie
a gigantic turkey, apparently 22lbs we get them from a local farm (yes I'm in the middle of nowhere)

Reverend Flatus

Fledgling Freddie
We had a goose.
And then went and fed the geese on the pond but had trouble looking them in the eye, I think they knew!

Froggeh

Fledgling Freddie
Went out for dinner this Christmas for the first time evar. Prefer having it at home tbh, but enjoyed the food nonetheless:

Guineafowl paté
potato + pumpkin soup
traditional turkey with roast potatoes etc
christmas pudding
mince pies

bigfoot

Fledgling Freddie
We went out and had prawns (in an icky sauce) and then some lukewarm reheated platter of tradtional fayre (turkey, spuds, gravy etc). As I anticipated it was not very good, the main course consisted of two tiny bits of turkey with loads of veg to fill you up, the stuffing would barely fit on a teaspoon. Thankfully tonight we are having a proper crimbo dinner.

Ele

Fledgling Freddie
Did anyone have Chipolatas this year? always used to have them at school many many years ago. :)

Froggeh

Fledgling Freddie
I once ate so many chipolatas that I thought I was going to die.

You think I'm lying.

Ele

Fledgling Freddie
Froggeh said:
I once ate so many chipolatas that I thought I was going to die.

You think I'm lying.

LOL just from over eating? or farting afterwards?

Froggeh

Fledgling Freddie
Over eating. There were a huge amount of unused (uncooked) chipolatas left over on boxing day, and I got an urge to cook them all up and eat them all.

Needless to say in a short space of time i was on the floor whimpering while curled in the fetal position.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Deadmanwalking said:
And those reasons are what exactly?

If you are unaware of the dietry benefits eating meat has, then you do not deserve the choice to be a vegetarian.

Quige

Fledgling Freddie
Swift^ said:
If you are unaware of the dietry benefits eating meat has, then you do not deserve the choice to be a vegetarian.

If you are unaware of the dietry benefits not eating meat has, then you do not deserve the choice to be a carnivore. :p

D

Deadmanwalking

Swift^ said:

That and the fact you said vegetarians were making it worse for non-veges.
How that works im unsure.

Quige

Fledgling Freddie
Swift^ said:
Do not fuck with nature's way.

It's there for a reason.

And those doctors and nurse with all that 'medicine' and 'surgery' ... they're fucking bigtime with "nature's way". I guess we should stone them or something.

Xtro

One of Freddy's beloved
The local grocery store near where I'm staying has a 2 for the price of one on microwaved burgers.

Processed cow and microwaves - NATURE'S GOODNESS, THANKS GOD!

The yanks make em fking massive too.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Quige said:
And those doctors and nurse with all that 'medicine' and 'surgery' ... they're fucking bigtime with "nature's way".

The point is about diet and nature's equilibrium - not what we have chosen to do in regards to learning and evolving. There are few basics 'man' has always found essential to life, from start; Shelter, Warmth, Water, Meat, Other foods.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
We had normal Christmas Dinner at my Parents

Smoked Salmon
Turkey et al
Cheese
Pud

Made a change for me not to have to cook :clap:

Quige

Fledgling Freddie
Swift^ said:
The point is about diet and nature's equilibrium - not what we have chosen to do in regards to learning and evolving. There are few basics 'man' has always found essential to life, from start; Shelter, Warmth, Water, Meat, Other foods.

And my point is that any concept that modern humanity has of "nature's equilibrium" is largely a fantasy construct. We are so far beyond living as nature intended in so many ways. We have this mental image of Man the Hunter stalking the African plains with his spear looking for woolly mammoth, whereas the truth was more likely that the majority of the tribes nutrition came from the gathering of roots, nuts, fruits etc., that the women gathered.

Meat was an appopriate handy form of high protein for the time, if you could get it. This does not mean it is neccessarily the most appropriate for now.

But I guess we will have to agree to differ on this one. :)

But as DMW said, what started this conversation was, how does our diet 'make things awkward' for the rest of the population. Unless you entertain frequently, and a lot of your friends are also veggie, thereby forcing you to the inconvenience of accommodating their tastes, I don't see how it impacts on you at all? You haven't answered that one.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
You seem to be misunderstanding my point: Yes, things are different now, but you can't let vegetarians to go around thinking their ways are acceptable. Not for them making things awkward, but for changing nature in a non evolutionary way (i.e going against everything nature has set up for - instead of using what nature has given us and working with and around it).

If vegetarians are allowed free roam in the world, we are in for a serious downfall.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Swift^ said:
You seem to be misunderstanding my point: Yes, things are different now, but you can't let vegetarians to go around thinking their ways are acceptable. Not for them making things awkward, but for changing nature in a non evolutionary way (i.e going against everything nature has set up for - instead of using what nature has given us and working with and around it).

If vegetarians are allowed free roam in the world, we are in for a serious downfall.

Yes, their increased fartage will surely destroy the ozone layer ! :eek6:

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
:wavemodstick:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom