Music What are you listening to right now?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
War of the Worlds - The New Generation. Cannot say I am impressed by this, Liam Neeson narrating just doesn't have the punch of Burton. Not listened to it all the way through yet, hopefully will get the time tonight when I get in from ze work.

Heard it the other night at a mates house. I thought the same as you.

I also didn't like the musical reworking - it's far too bass-heavy to keep the kids happy.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Heard it the other night at a mates house. I thought the same as you.

I also didn't like the musical reworking - it's far too bass-heavy to keep the kids happy.
Agreed, finally listened to the rest of it and meh. The additional sound effects within the songs just make it sound "poppy". Had to buy it as it is one of my all time favourites and wanted to see what they had done.

For me: FAIL.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I slagged off TTS royally at Airwaves two years ago. They sucked so hard they actually apologized for their performance :(

leggy

Probably Scottish
Well live performance aside, I love that album. Never seen them live and unlikely to anytime soon.

Agreed with your comment about The XX... Too much of the same and far too minimalist for me now. Shame, as I was massive proponent of their first album.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I slagged off TTS royally at Airwaves two years ago. They sucked so hard they actually apologized for their performance :(
I find it amazing when bands can record amazing albums and stuff, then live, they're shit

Hard-Fi are a prime example - Alright music - then all of a sudden they were heard live at a relatively large scale (Jools Holland maybe) and then they've died down.

Nate

FH is my second home
I find it amazing when bands can record amazing albums and stuff, then live, they're shit

Hard-Fi are a prime example - Alright music - then all of a sudden they were heard live at a relatively large scale (Jools Holland maybe) and then they've died down.
Editing is a bit harder live!

and so's your face.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin

playing live is hella tough. live is really what separates the men from the boys imo. in the case I referred to it was a Fat Cat records night: TTS was on, and completely failed to both connect with the audience and play any kind of decent set (ok, iirc they did have some technical difficulties but hey ho). After that was We Were Promised Jetpacks, who didn't even try to embrace the audience, but played a cracking set nonetheless.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5ZhBAylbN4

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
brian molko might actually be the lamest person to have ever lived

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom