Music What are you listening to right now?

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Thinking about booking tickets for him (DJ Shadow) in December. Should really. Probably will tonight when I get Nils Frahm, Her Name is Calla and Kwoon tickets also. Gigtastic :D

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
nice one Wazz. Shadow is veering back to his old self imo (I hope, at least). Much better so :)

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
The word misunderstood was created for me.

Feel free to replace that with any other cringey cliché of your choice.

eksdee

FH is my second home
That Esmerine track was lovely, Wazzer. That violin (?) sound they use is plastered all over all the Godspeed records, ha. I used to be absolutely obsessed with Lift Yr Skinny Wrists Like Antennas To Heaven when I was about 16. I think most of their records still stand up today though to be honest.

Have you ever checked out Rachel's? Quite similar kind of vibe, The Sea and Bells and Music for Egon Schiele LPs are well worth checking out, though pretty much all of their records are damn good.

rachel's - water from the same source (live) - YouTube

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
That Esmerine track was lovely, Wazzer. That violin (?) sound they use is plastered all over all the Godspeed records, ha. I used to be absolutely obsessed with Lift Yr Skinny Wrists Like Antennas To Heaven when I was about 16. I think most of their records still stand up today though to be honest.

Have you ever checked out Rachel's? Quite similar kind of vibe, The Sea and Bells and Music for Egon Schiele LPs are well worth checking out, though pretty much all of their records are damn good.

rachel's - water from the same source (live) - YouTube

Thanks, I'll check them out!

They were great live. Saw Godspeed earlier on this year too, and Silver Mt Zion end of last year I think, can't recall exactly when. The Cellist is the sound you're after, and she was from Silver Mt. Zion too (but not Godspeed). One of the other guys from Godspeed is in Esmerine and they have a couple of others I don't know - a drummer and a harpist.

Interesting visuals, had some woman playing with various things on an overhead projector and the effect was really natural and very nice. A good show, shame about the venue which was a nasty hot box.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
/bootyshake

carlton-dance-gif.gif

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
FAO Billy....

La Dispute new album out - Wildlife :)

I would put a song, but its such a virgin its not on youtube!

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
FAO Billy....

La Dispute new album out - Wildlife :)

I would put a song, but its such a virgin its not on youtube!
Week on Tuesday mate, can't wait! :D Heard one track last week on Siq Shit blog, so good!

eksdee

FH is my second home
Heard this band via another forum I post on, not really my thing these days but thought you might enjoy it Billargh/Gwadien from some of the stuff you guys post:

Beau Navire - A Book, A Mind - YouTube

Checked it out because I really liked the LP cover:

91e4df.jpg

The related videos for that have some great nostalgia for me from stuff I loved a few years back. I still like this stuff when the mood takes me, but it's quite rare tbh! This never stops being incredible though:

Jeromes Dream - And Just Like That The Year Is Gone - YouTube

eksdee

FH is my second home
I've toured with Raein with my band and we played with the other band some of them are in, Neil on Impression, when we toured in Europe. Great band. :)

Not really feeling those other tracks, but it's not the sort of thing I really listen to these days as I'm old and grumpy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom