Music What are you listening to right now?

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I'm gonna listen to that but Suicidal Thoughts was one of my favourite tracks on Ready to Die so it better be good...

bainteor

Banned
If that song is a dig at rap; then I'm all for it. That particular branch of music is amoungst the most vile and talentless tripe ever to have escaped from the mouths of the delinquents of the human race.

Apart from that, modern music is actually quite good, and a lot of songs posted in this thread are quite nice, so well done.

As for me, I guess I listen to The Beatles the most - such a versatile and masterful discography that it is very difficult to get bored of. A level of masterclass that has not and will not be bettered.

bainteor

Banned
The Beatles are so, so overrated.

I know this is just a troll, but just ask all the music critics; who analyse music to its finest details and really know what they are talking about. Their talents do not extend as far as the rather fleeting Beatlemania, where they ascend to a different level is their later albums.

I don't mind if you do not like The Beatles; many don't. But if you are attempting to deny their influence upon music and their superiority then you are ignorant.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
It's not just a troll, it's my personal opinion. Sure, they had some good songs but it's time to move on. Paul McCartney needs to retire because all his post-Beatles work has been pretty turd as well.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
I agree with Big G. They did some ok stuff but for the most part they're hero-worshipped when their music really isn't that great. I understand why people like it, but to suggest they're the pinnacle of music is false, regardless of the amount of influence they may or may not have had.

bainteor

Banned
I agree with Big G. They did some ok stuff but for the most part they're hero-worshipped when their music really isn't that great. I understand why people like it, but to suggest they're the pinnacle of music is false, regardless of the amount of influence they may or may not have had.

They are the most critically acclaimed band in history. Just look at what all the professionals say, both the musicians and the critics, The Beatles are the best there has been.

So actually, what you are saying is false. And it's most likely a troll :).

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
They are the most critically acclaimed band in history.

Who said this?

Just look at what all the professionals say, both the musicians and the critics, The Beatles are the best there has been.

What professionals, musicians and critics? Where?

So actually, what you are saying is false. And it's most likely a troll :).

You're still not getting this concept of "personal opinion" into your incompetent head. This is not trolling, what I've said is a statement of personal opinion. I never said the Beatles were a bad band, they've got a lot of very good songs, but they're overrated. They only had a popularity injection because Oasis ripped them off in a hilariously blatant fashion in the mid ninties. They were very good and ground breaking at the time, but past the mid seventies it was curtains and just as important musical movements have taken place since. Call me morbid, but as soon as McCartney snuffs it, that'll be it.

If you want to rate popularity and importance by album sales, The Beatles' first entry in all time album sales is down at number 13. In my opinion, they're just not as good as people make them out to be.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
You cant say what band or music is the best, it's purely subjective. Much better to say "the band I like best is **** ".

All the rest is just so much opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom