Weirdest thing to happen to you in daoc

Brite

Banned
bored so well yeh whats the weirdest thing to happen to you in daoc ;P

when a first started playing, on my 18 charisma split axe/hammer/sword specced warrior ;) i died or somthing or got bored of leveling to 5 and decided to log, then i knew like one person treio 40ish healer helped me loads was ace :D but anyway i logged and decided to play counter strike on a server i usually went on and some guy on there asked if i played daoc and i was pretty supprised as id started playing the day before and it turned out to be sombody sat next to treio, what are the chances ;)

still bored it didnt work! :m00:

Aeva

Banned
A couple of days back while I was in housing with my 50 paladin, Dorimor, I suddenly joined a group, but it was with this 50 druid called cogan, very strange

DocWolfe

Part of the furniture
on my scout, I was following the zone wall in upplands in OF when bang was in vale of mularn :p walked around for a bit, /danced at lots of mids then went and suicided on the Border Keep, awesome!

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
Me and my friend went to a horse merchant and both bought a horse. Instead of us going on horses - due to some strange lag/gfx error - I actually rode down the road, on him. It was bloody hilarious, and slightly erotic. :(

Elricstormbringer

Fledgling Freddie
Used to be fun when buying a horse in Tir na mBeo and the odd bug happening that instead of mounting a horse you got ported to where you had just died (amg in emain) which always was a bit of a shock.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
RVRing with some guildie a few second ago, boated to Beno...

Suddenly a 22 Cleric was in the group out of the RvR zone, tried talking to them but it only came in ....s, have a screenie somewhere.

georgie

FH is my second home
Jumping onto a horse, which then turned into a Troll, which decided to dump me in "Null". :(

image14.jpg

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
was in a stealth duo with a ranger friend, camping docks and all of a sudden rather than the mids getting in the boat they sat inside my ranger friend and wherever he moved they followed...was rather strange but hilarious to watch, still have a screenie somewhere of five or six mids riding along on my mates shoulders :p

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
sometimes i've sweared a server gm is fucking with me...like one time at malice encounter, my grp kept getting a lot of rly weird taur aggro, and we kept getting matter debuffed from like nowhere :(

And then this one time, when focusing Cyrek, the pet just disappeared and was gone all of a sudden, several times in a row :(

Tafaya Anathas

Fledgling Freddie
Elricstormbringer said:
Used to be fun when buying a horse in Tir na mBeo and the odd bug happening that instead of mounting a horse you got ported to where you had just died (amg in emain) which always was a bit of a shock.

I had a similar experience, our group suicided in HW mpk, released, bought a ticket to Sauvage, gave it to the horse merchant and suddenly I've found myself inside HW mpk on the port stone surrounded by about 20 mids and then the guards made me a pincushion.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
There's not much "odd" things going on....but riding a horse with a small dwarf and going berserk always gets a giggle from other people.

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
I hit a rm for 900 then follow up for 700

I'm a paladin :eek6:

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Elricstormbringer said:
I had that as well once--me and my guildies from Alb/Excal were exping up in Hib/Prydwen and got ganked by a Mid FG at the Fins near DC in the old frontiers. Being killed first, I released immediately and bought a horse, only to be immediately ported back to the site with all my dead guildies around me. I proceeded to rezz two of them before the Mids decided to come back and wipe us again. ;)

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
no1:

Some might remember Aphios. His char got deleted, and not make sure it did i created a luri called Aphios. One day in DL i was idling with my druid and Aphios (the aphios i created was on another acc) logged in said in /b "have you missed me? :D" or smth stood naked beside me, then logged again. Confused as i was i logged my druid out, changed acc and logged in my Aphios which were in old DL still exsisted... pretty strange ;o

no2:

kinda like brite ;>...

Previously i played alb/pryd - sold my acc coz i wanted to make sure i didn't play daoc again (big mistake :( dont try that at home kids). Anyway my brother dragged me back into daoc to play druid.
One day i was in Meath browsing for items to his template and in log's my old lvl 24 chanter "pwease"... pm'd him and said hi etc, no response - bit later i got pm'd by the owner telling me that his nephew called on him said that someone pmd him said he knew him (which was strange coz he never logged that char in and never played hib/excal) ;>

No.3:

used the LFG window and it showed a lvl 45 thane in Gwydnneau (alb High lvl SI zone with Neckie Quest in) strange ;)

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
I once bumped into a Bonedancer in Thid and he didn't insta lifetap me.

Freakin weird that one.

Leathas

Fledgling Freddie
after accidentally going LD in molvik with my full parry / LW spec firb hero..I decide to go mid portal keep,after waiting for 5 minutes,I get bored and sit down to log then a SB PA es me for insane damage due to me sitting down,I stand up and kill him with %40 health left :eek2:

Mirari

Fledgling Freddie
My mate bought a horse ticket from Gothwaite on alb/pryd once, but instead of getting up on a horse he got ported to a mincer on some nearby hill and was stuck to his feet in riding animation and couldnt get off for a minute or so when the mincer decided to relog :)

Maybe the horses were tired off doing the taximincers job? ;p

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Not really DAOC , but weird anyway, my lvl 50's name is Glub, which is a pretty weird name for a Chanter and my mate rips me for it.

So he starts playing WOW and after a few days he logs in the middle of nowhere in the game and straight away gets an invite from a char who's also alone in the middle of nowhere.

Weird thing is this char is called Glub!!

He rings me straight away convinced I've been secretly playing WOW, I explained it wasn't me but he still isn't sure.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
strangest so far is this:

sat on #daoc.prydwen whinging as usual a year and a half ago and was talking about.. something..

hometowns came up for discussion and as some knows, I live in a place called Luleå which is far up north in Sweden.. anyhows, turns out this guy named Lusse actually lived in Luleå aswell, never really talked to the guy before and we started to discuss where in the city we lived and came to the funny conclusion that:

If I looked out from my kitchenwindow, I could see right into Lusse's apartment!

how freaky is that :eek6:

to make things even sillyer, he now work one floor under me in the same company :)

Belomar

Part of the furniture
You're now lovers, Shike? :D Actually, northern Sweden for the win, I'm from Umeå originally. ;)

Brite

Banned
Old.Ilum said:
sometimes i've sweared a server gm is fucking with me...like one time at malice encounter, my grp kept getting a lot of rly weird taur aggro, and we kept getting matter debuffed from like nowhere :(

And then this one time, when focusing Cyrek, the pet just disappeared and was gone all of a sudden, several times in a row :(

had this happen to me while doing 2.10, was a ml4 raid on at the time and this happened twice, GM saw what happened the second time but its a new type of server lag since cata i think, they tried to fix it whats was the quick server restart were for but if its still happening obviously not, pets and mob came back still fighting for me both times

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
So many wierd things have happened to me :D

This one time I logged in my warrior at mtk and everything was normal , except all killspam appeared x2, hmm .. wierd but can play with that, so I ran off to mmg but a fg hibs found me, the wierd thing was that I had some kind of immortallity bug or something so even though they tried to bomb/mezz/kill me in all ways there is they couldnt even touch me, so just had some fun running around waving at people and teasing fgs :D

Another time I logged in and saw a clone of myself standing in aegir, then he ran around some. Don't know what that was but probably a player that bugged on my screen because when I talked to him it he replied with some other name, but appeared on my screen with same name as me and appearance ;p

I also had this wierd bug where I could only see some parts of people around me, was mighty funny ... some people running around with invisible legs etc :D

oh, and when some alb killed my thid toon on svasud pad ... :fluffle:

rosce

Fledgling Freddie
Was killing water beetles near Basar with my eldritch when I got shot by a scout that somehow got ported to Hib area.

Was on my ranger walking around in NF when suddenly I could read Midgard messages, I got mid buffs and I got speed 5. This also happened to some other players that got their accounts suspended/banned because they got accused of speedhacking (so they say)...

Finally in ToA my ranger changed appearences while exping, turned into a mob (horse with human torso) and finally disappeared, but still I could walk around without getting aggro.

Skrad

Fledgling Freddie
rosce said:
Was on my ranger walking around in NF when suddenly I could read Midgard messages, I got mid buffs and I got speed 5. This also happened to some other players that got their accounts suspended/banned because they got accused of speedhacking (so they say)...

I had a very similar bug on my SB.... I had hibby buffs and mach 5 speed when stealthed. Whenever I unstealthed, it went back to mid buffs and normal speed.... freaky!

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
have had a few times when I was playing my pala in Leirvik and I have had mid base buffs (all of them).

Weird thing was they stacked with alb base and spec buffs. :eek7:

Elendar

One of Freddy's beloved
Sharma said:
have had a few times when I was playing my pala in Leirvik and I have had mid base buffs (all of them).

Weird thing was they stacked with alb base and spec buffs. :eek7:

how about when loads of epic mobs suddenly spawned in emain one day and started chasing people ;)

harebear

Fledgling Freddie
We changed the name of our guild ages ago and when I logged in I was in the same guild as some albs who were exping in Salisbury plains, was fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom