Weekly Events

W

Will

Look forward to it. We should get a good turnout this Sunday.

W

Will

Did I not already give that answer, Chet?

If you join it from the Op Flash info page, it throws you into #game.ofp automagically.;)

P

[PS]Mung

Ah poo.
Play.com couldn't get it to me in time.
Since I have asked it delivered to work (i'm never at home when the postie comes) and it's not here now, it's not gonna be here until monday now.
So I can't play on sunday.
Sorry chaps, I was looking forward to that....next time then!

W

Will

*sniff* No fair...if you'd used Game.net, I know you'd have got it in time.;)

W

Will

Fantastic game this week, not too busy, but some of the most fun DM action ever on the server.:D

Thanks to Throd, CptDoom (tking lamer that you are;)), Ch3tan, and special guest Deady.

T

throdgrain

The DM game was exactly how I think it should be played , a lot of fun :)
More please :)

C

Ch3tan

It was fun, but I still think we need a balance between it and co-op. With 5 players DM was really good, with 4 it was a bit too slow. Co-op missions are what made me play ofp in the first place, and they are still the best element of it IMO.

C

CptDoom

Twas funny indeed, also, a few more people who say they are going to turn up TURN UP DAMNIT!

Its such a good game, would be nice to see the 1.000.000+ players that bought the game play here :)

And fyi, will had john lennon glasses on so i thought must be a bad guy and put 4 sniper bullets in his head and ch3tan, well the jury is still out on that.

More please!

P

[PS]Mung

Horray! It's here!
I'm ready for the next time!

W

Will

Originally posted by CptDoom
...and put 4 sniper bullets in his head...
More like one in my arm, several in the surrounding scenery, and then one in my head.:eek:

T

throdgrain

For me the co-op thing is why I dont play it :(
Op Flash is one of those very very rare games with a single player element i actually like. When I play Co-op I just think its like the SP but just not as good ...
The DM however, which may to someone who's not played it seem quite simple, is actually a lot of fun, with objectives and everything. Same with the ctf if you get the right maps, though I know some of them just end up as campathons.

W

Will

Well Throd, I promise to do a good mix of missions from now on. The Co-op missions, once you have played them a few times, become a bit "been there, done that", so a bit more CTF/DM is going to be happening.

C

CptDoom

I think deathmatch would be great in co-op mode, kinda like team dm i guess except both are trying for some objective, maybe a convoy or something with ai soldiars guarding it.

Could be madness :)

Do such missions excist will?

C

Ch3tan

Only tried team co-op once, think it was ctf. That was when ofp first came out and the bugs just ruined it. Seemed like it would have been fun though :)

W

Will

Originally posted by CptDoom
Do such missions excist will?
Fluffy Kitten (used to be a regular here) wrote an objective-based DM mission for 3 sides. It is possible, though the scripting he did certainly isn't for the light-hearted.

W

Will

Just a reminder, in case I'm not online until Sunday, that I want you all there for the game on Sunday afternoon at 5pm. Meet up in #game.ofp as per usual.

W

Will

Excellent turnout, good games tonight. Special awards this week goes to the poor AI Russian who grenaded himself in front of Ch3tan and myself. And I get an award for running down the NATO captain right at the end of the bridge to freeedom, failing us the mission. Go me.

C

Ch3tan

I wont be in the country next week, but I will be itching for some the week after that :)

T

The_Sheriff

First time I got to play it online....and theres nobody else online.....

Hmm, I'e been waiting now for 25 minutes...where is everybody?

W

Will

On the other server?

Myself and Dekker played for 35 minutes or so. If you are stuck next week, join #game.ofp and we'll see what the problem is.

T

The_Sheriff

I waited on #game.ofp for those 25 mins...... no sign of anyone.

W

Will

Are you sure you were in the right channel? There were about 5 of us chatting between 5 and 5.30 - what is your nick?

P

[PS]Mung

I'll go there now Will.
<edit>

I just noticed, you are using Quake.nets #game.opf and not the Barrys World one which I thought you'd be at....
My Bad

W

Will

I won't be there until after 8pm, so good luck. Some of us have day jobs, you know.;)

P

[PS]Mung

Originally posted by Will
I won't be there until after 8pm, so good luck. Some of us have day jobs, you know.;)
Including me.

W

Will

Ok, some of us have day jobs without IRC access. Though I really don't look at IRC as often as I used to.

Users who are viewing this thread