Weekly Events

W

Will

Big Weekly Game

Every Sunday at 2pm on GAME.net Op Flash 1 (213.221.174.229:2235)

The main event, the post-Sunday brunch Op Flash session you've all been waiting to get stuck into. I will be in #game.ofp from about 1.30pm to help out with any problems. This game tends to last into the evening, though you can drop in and out as you want. If there is a good enough turnout, and there is demand, some CTF or other team-play event will be played as well.

W

Will

Thought I'd start a neater thread to point you towards the organised games. Tonight was the first Beginners night game, and I was happy to see a lot of old faces who haven't played for a while. We got about 3 hours of play with 7 people, which gave us time to run through (and complete:D) a nice selection of missions.

T

TeeCee

Agreed, really good fun! I wasnt in the best of moods to be playing, but we had some great missions - the TS2 is really good now we're getting a bit more comfortable with it. It really helps with the communications across squads for the leaders.

There's a few more old faces we need to drag back in again to remind them of the games quality, and I see that many new game.net members are marking themselves down as flashpoint gamers - a resource to be untapped! The more the merrier!

W

Will

Another exciting update...you can look at the Operation Flashpoint Diary here, which shows any organised events.

And watch this space for a large number of missions appearing tomorrow.:D

W

Will

With the new missions installed, the game last night was great. Lots of mission choice, and a constant 8-10 people for...about 5 hours I think. I had to run off to play a match, but I've got a feeling TeeCee was still playing into the wee hours.

T

TeeCee

Think we peaked at about 11 people at once, but a continuous game with at least 4 for ooooh 7 hours I think! hehe crazy - there went my sunday! :)

Had to forcibly take a break then and shut my PC down because it overheated terribly - to the point the OS wouldnt boot up! When you melt your PC due to excessive prolonged OFP sessions, you know you got the craving bad ;)

W

Will

Just a quick reminder that beginners night tonight isn't only for new players, just that you have to show a bit more patience with new players than other nights (no swearing about shooting the bus again;)). So feel free to show up.

X

xpok

I've always wanted to play Operation Flashpoint online but had trouble with the patches! I'll see you in IRC so we can discuss it. :)

W

Will

That'd be cool. We can help out any time we are online, not just on beginners night nights.

T

tf_manta

Just not to let u 2 run away with the message board ill stick my bit in here .. was fun on sunday.

keep up the good work admins ;}

and keep pimping those severs

W

Will

*cough* Keep forgetting to keep this thread updated. The games have been getting very busy recently, and we have dug out the 20 player maps for the last two Sundays. Tuesdays are a little quieter, which lets us concentrate on those smaller missions for around 8 players.

Long may it continue.:)

W

Will

Important news - Sundays time has been altered to 5pm.

J

Jim-

I'm a OFP player who hasn't played in a while but am looking to get back into it. I was wondering what version of OFP you play with as I have Resistance installed, will I need to remove this to play in the games?

J

Jim-

Ignore what ia above

Played me!
Just looked on the other thread and got my answer, hopefully be seeing you about 5.

W

Will

TeeCee has retired from adminning duties. Sunday night games are still going ahead at 5pm, but Tuesday night games have been suspended for now.

W

Will

Well, just myself and Insane were playing this Sunday. Disappointing, but we had a good time playing the paintball levels (small CTF) and some deathmatch (refreshingly good fun).:)

W

Will

Thanks to Ch3tan, CptDoom, and Jim (Otto) for the good games this Sunday. At this rate, I expect 8 players next week. I think the Co-op name is a bit of a misnomer now, since we play a bit of everything. Even had a game of CTF, where capping the flag was an instant death sentance, and where I failed to get a kill for ages, then turned into the ultimate killing machine.

C

CptDoom

Short but sweet, ill try and get a few people fopr next sunday.

Yeah it was fun :)

W

Will

If we double the numbers again, we'll fill that little CTF level, 4v4 should be a laugh, and we can play a bit of DM without needing to put any AI into the game.

Then if we double again the week after, we could try some big CTF, and some of the larger Coop missions I've not played in a while.:)

C

Ch3tan

Lost Squad should be very good with 8 or more players.

W

Will

There is a helicoptor you can get to on that mission...its the only way you can take out all those tanks.

And it helps if you don't blow up all the buildings.:p

P

[PS]Mung

Hey Will?
These still going on 'cos I'd love to join in.
I haven't played OP Flash in ages so I'll be rusty as heck.

W

Will

Yeah, we play every Sunday at 5pm. Best thing to do is join #game.ofp on Quakenet just before. And don't worry about being rusty, we don't take things too seriously.

P

[PS]Mung

Er sorry for sounding dumb, but what do you mean by....

Originally posted by Will
#game.ofp on Quakenet just before.

You're not talking ICQ are you?

W

Will

Heh no, I'm talking about IRC. If you haven't used IRC before, the easy answer is to log in Game.net, go to the Op Flash section, and then click chat at the top left.

Don't expect an instant answer when you say hello, wait around for a bit. I've developed a real habit of being late, since I'm rarely at home when I wake up on Sunday morning. I'm never later than 5.15pm though.;)

P

[PS]Mung

Ah thankyou.
Do i need to be a member of Barrys world to play, or is it completely open?
I don;t mind subscribing if that's the case.

W

Will

You'll need to be a member. But there are 30 day free trials available at the moment I think, so you can try before you buy.

P

[PS]Mung

Yep I got in there a moment ago.
Well that's my questions answered (and anyone else who reads these boards)
Thanks Will, see you Sunday (so long as the missus lets me)

Users who are viewing this thread