Warriors are crap, discuss

H

Harm

At the time being, both block and parry are 100% based on dex, and that's a high natural stat of our small sweet blue creatures. They also have high qui, that helps great on the evade frequency (50% dex, 50% qui).

As these defensive abilities are a warrior's best trade, a kobold will make an exceptional warrior (despite the description you see when creating him).

The low strength and con will be compensated with as you level. In addition, it's easy to add additional stats with realm skill points.

Apart from that, there's almost always a good thing to be small during rvr. Harder to notice and easier to hide.

Spec suggestion:
50 weapon, 50 shield, 27 parry, 10 throwing. This template will give 0 leftover points.

It's a good all round spec. Good weapon and shield spec will make you the ultimate tank (especially PvE, but also RvR, due you have same opportunities going 2handed). If you want to make use of the great lvl50 shield style, you don't want to put too many points in parry, as you need to block to perform it successfully. The throwing part is just to make the last little bit of flexibility (and the damage is not that crappy as most peeps claim)...

Greets.

G

Gruffe

Damn

Why even have a char like trolls in this game anyway?

A litle blue smurf will block and evade more than us and hit
almost the same damage at lvl 50 with shammy buffs =(( and in
this buffbot crasy time almost every char in emain have buffs...

I even consider making me a kobold warrior but i have a hard
time imagen a litle tiny wimp as a WARRIOR!!!

Take a look at the name WARRIOR .. it sure sounds like a Big
Sturdy Hunk that live for War and only feel truly happy in the
middle of battles...

and here comes a blue almost a fist high critter and rock all other
chars in Midgard as the ultimate Warrior

/Gruffe grumbles and twists his big hands in vain over a unfair destiny

X

Xtro

I couldnt agree more with Gruffe.

My first main midgard char (US daoc) was a Troll Zerker and I FELT like a real damage dealer. I'm currently levelling a troll warrior after deleting my kobold. Sure, he might block, block, parry but I think they LOOK crap and it doesn't feel right at all.

The sole purpose I am levelling my warrior is for his big fat troll body to strut around in his epic ;) Troll FEELS more fun to play for me, I dont care if hes not Ub3R or any of that crap (I ignored many people saying WHY TROLL? already), I'm the one paying the sub and I'm the one having fun.

To all kobold warriors, have fun anyway :)

S

snikit

so what should i put my starting points in (i dont want to stuff myself l8r think i should have put em in......)

Str and con?
dex and qui?

E

erl

Originally posted by snikit
so what should i put my starting points in (i dont want to stuff myself l8r think i should have put em in......)

Str and con?
dex and qui?

str, con and dex.

or

qui, con and dex (if you plan on having many long fights w/o endurance)

B

Brannor McThife

Originally posted by old.mattshanes
Bet when 1.56 comes you will play it again...
Not too sure about that one Matt. I'll probably bring him back in 1.57 (SI) just so I can go explore the Midgard SI areas. after that? Dunno. Probably go dorment again. Warriors are just cannon fodder. With some of the new RAs for "light" tanks, well, warriors just become more boring. I'm not surprised there are so many SBs out there, they fight better than warriors, hit more (not necessarily harder), get poisons, and I've watched them take down Paladins faster than my warrior, who needs a good 5 minutes to fight the paladin solo.

Come the next patch (1.54), paladins will own other melee classes. Simply engage and wait for them to use up endurance. I beat a Friar in a duel that lasted a good 15 minutes, because I waited for her buff to wear off.

Even in RvR, a defensive/chant paladin will be of more use than a warrior. AND, I tested crafted throwing axes against mobs and in RvR, they're CRAP. I tested 50 thrown, and it's CRAP.

Warriors get what? a Patch with (I've heard) a 6% increase in damage...oooh. Sure, my troll warrior is "fun" in PvE. But your HP are outdone by dwarves, your blocking and speed by Kobolds, and even thanes can hold better aggro than you. Warriors should /stick to a runie, shammy or healer, and guard/protect/intercept for them...other than that...just make sure to face the enemy, and slam others that come close.

Warriors are far from what they are in most other games I've played, and it's a joke that trolls are the worst of the selection for what, in the end, is an RvR game.

-G

H

Harm

About starting points, I think Str, Con and Dex will make an ok choice. Str and Con to compensate for the low smurf startout, and the little extra dex to make you even more effective defensively.

About the troll thing:
The smallest and weakest race as the best warrior? Sounds hillarious to me. When I created harmless, it was just like a funny char. Maybe I was a little bored of daoc at that time.

After some levels gained here, and some there, I really started to like the character. It just had an amazing potencial!

But hey.. wait a minute.. is this realistic? As posted, the word 'warrior' gives you the feeling of a ferrocious fighter, big and strong, a long lasting and feared person.. .. a smurf?

I fully agree with you. Even if I have such char, I wish e.g troll warriors were more effective and feared. It feels like strong and healty races have lost their roles in the game.

--
Unless trolls are given a serious boost, I'd not make one what so ever. The warrior class representatives are working on it. E.g making shield block work by 50% Str and 50% Dex, among other things.

Greets.

I

ironbreaker

In my opinion Warriors can rock, against any opponent, but also be rocked, depends on Who/Where and how.
ive soloed many, but also been killed by the same amount :D.

And ye its nice to have a group, when u gotta face the Sotl ZERG

D

Dook_Pug

Originally posted by ironbreaker
In my opinion Warriors can rock, against any opponent, but also be rocked, depends on Who/Where and how.
ive soloed many, but also been killed by the same amount :D.

And ye its nice to have a group, when u gotta face the Sotl ZERG

Originally said by some random SotL geezer
SotL don't zerg, the other 3FG that follow us do!

P

planky

236 str
185 con
142 dex... bah
76 quick...yay

50+16 sheild
50+5 axe
28+10 parry

Crush 26%
Slash21%
Thrust8%
Heat16%
Cold26%
Matter11%
Body14%
Spirit6%
Energy16%

And 1737 hp... thats with ras and stuff.

Dont pick Troll, if you want to know what i think :)

And Matts... lets own em all!!!! :D

O

old.Emma

Originally posted by old.Mellin
Norse

Str 206
Con 190
Dex 162
Qui 99

Sword 50+8
Shield 50+14
Parry 28+15

Hits 1702

Crush 28%
Slash 19%
Thrust 6%
Heat 25%
Cold 34%
Matter 9%
Body 29%
Spirit 15%
Energy 19%

I want to see Dwarf and Troll too :)

And Roo... /kiss to you :)

Wee, it rhymed! :clap:

these are my base stats for my warrior.. wont post the resists cos there laughable at the mo :(

stats:

stats.jpg

Skills:

skills.jpg

O

old.Mellin

Thanks Plankton and Emma. We warriors should have a meeting soon and discuss some. Help upcoming warriors with questions, if they have any. Maybe duel eachoter, and try stuff out! :) Would be great fun in my opinion.

M

mid_Efour

yeah a no stlyes duel... rofl that would take quite a while im up for it

L

Luri

my stats are

Str 195
Con 200
Dex 148 (152=cap)
Qui 80

Sword 50+8
Shield 50+15