Warrior rage change, enough to ungimp warriors for pvp?

Garok

Can't get enough of FH
Dillinja said:
Most go 31 arms 20 fury for enrage. Improved Battle shout and Improved Demoralizing shout are actually quite good abilities when compared to the other crap in our class's talent trees.

I agree those abilites (Improved Battle shout and Improved Demoralizing shout) are nice in group situations when you have multiple attackers on you and a few other mele classes in your group. Just feel there are better options for Damage Increase/Decrease takeing into consideration the rage useage for 1 on 1 ... Disarm for example ...

Edit: fotm undead so i dont worry about fear so much ...

k9awya

Can't get enough of FH
yet anyone with half a brain has a weapon chain, gg

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Aww, look at the kiddies fight. How adorable...

... or absolutely sickening; whatever happened to argumenting with reason instead of "that sucks, this r0xx, noob!!!!11"?

Is it really that difficult for you?

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
Whispywee this is FH! If ya don't like it, why ye being here? :D

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
ST^ said:
Whispywee this is FH! If ya don't like it, why ye being here? :D
Not sure :)

Some decent stuff can be found hidden among the angst at times. :m00:

And even if it's FH, it isn't the Daoc section ;)

Bonelamencer

One of Freddy's beloved
k9awya said:
dear "noob"
they are only used against druids and mages, and 90% of the time i would try and win without fap anyway.
now druids, are few and far between, and they are much more dangerous than mages to warriors, their root should have diminishing returns and thats about it.
mages are hard without them but you just have to get in fast dmg after the first poly with your instas

blizzard have given a free action ability, its escape artist.. as any lucky gnome warrior would know.. and if i wanted that i would be a gnome.

dear "smartass"
cba argue with idiots like you who make warriors for playing solo instead of stealthers

Bonelamencer

One of Freddy's beloved
Whisperess said:
Not sure :)

Some decent stuff can be found hidden among the angst at times. :m00:

And even if it's FH, it isn't the Daoc section ;)
wow community is much more immature then daoc imo

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
Bonelamencer said:
dear "smartass"
cba argue with idiots like you who make warriors for playing solo instead of stealthers

whats wrong with playing solo?

what class are you? are you grouped 24/7?

and warriors are far from gimped

mastering the stances and their respective styles + changing tactic depending on who you fight

this isn't daoc

i'm sorry but amethyst slash is gone for good

k9awya

Can't get enough of FH
Bonelamencer said:
dear "smartass"

owned

group pvp is less common in this game than daoc, this thread is about warriors sucking in pvp.. most people think they suck 1on1, so im explaining they dont.

however, none of this explains that warriors are leet in group pvp, which they are too.

Bonelamencer

One of Freddy's beloved
k9awya said:
owned

group pvp is less common in this game than daoc, this thread is about warriors sucking in pvp.. most people think they suck 1on1, so im explaining they dont.

however, none of this explains that warriors are leet in group pvp, which they are too.
Mkay lets skip group pvp.
Solo ? Warriors SUCK solo because this isn't solo class.If you wanna be a good soloer then roll a rogue or stop to cry about being gimped.
Duels ? Explain me how a good warrior can kill a decent shaman/shadow priest ? If you want to be GoDly in duels then roll shammy or priest.
Explain me now where are warriors better in pvp then other classes?They can take 1 spot in fg but that's all.They aren't good in duels as well as solo.Warriors aren't gimped at all but aren't "leet" exactly.

k9awya

Can't get enough of FH
Bonelamencer said:
Mkay lets skip group pvp.
Solo ? Warriors SUCK solo because this isn't solo class.If you wanna be a good soloer then roll a rogue or stop to cry about being gimped.
Duels ? Explain me how a good warrior can kill a decent shaman/shadow priest ? If you want to be GoDly in duels then roll shammy or priest.
Explain me now where are warriors better in pvp then other classes?They can take 1 spot in fg but that's all.They aren't good in duels as well as solo.Warriors aren't gimped at all but aren't "leet" exactly.

im not crying about a warrior being gimped, i think they rock 1vs1 :)
although i think roguessuck 1vs1 :> :>

well vs a shammy, you charge + hamstring
going in zerk stance and spam your brst dmg abilities, ms/ww. keep hamstringed and fight toe to toe, pummell heal attempts (of course he can use a NS heal but its 50% effective)

priests you can pummel his cast time spells, beserker rage, intercept and ms are thekeys to winning that one

oh and you can fear a shaman using his totems ;)

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Oh fuck, the under 14's arrived. Well listen up you *****, I'll not put up with the same shite as goes on in DAOC area so be prepared for a sudden banning if you want to carry on. I refer you all to previous comments I made as linked by Fuzzy a couple of posts ago.

Fuzzy - use the ban stick as much as you wish.

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
I really don't see the problem with this thread. Just looks like a normal discussion to me. People pointing out good and bad points of warriors, what's wrong with that? :\

Driwen

Fledgling Freddie
Dillinja said:
I really don't see the problem with this thread. Just looks like a normal discussion to me. People pointing out good and bad points of warriors, what's wrong with that? :\
im guessing k9's dear noob and Bonelamencer's dear smartass replies (i just mean the part where they are namecalling, not the rest of their posts).

Zapsi

Fledgling Freddie
Jupitus said:
Oh fuck, the under 14's arrived. Well listen up you *****, I'll not put up with the same shite as goes on in DAOC area so be prepared for a sudden banning if you want to carry on. I refer you all to previous comments I made as linked by Fuzzy a couple of posts ago.

U want all to agree and make love :eek: cant see much harm done couple of silly words here and there BIG DEAL .

Meduza

One of Freddy's beloved
Stupid mods...

;)

Nah, Ban us all to hell.. Then we have the perfect forum! No wajning, no mines-bigger-than-urs, no nerf-this-and-that... Just pure silence... silence... ahhhh :)

Tasslehoff

Fledgling Freddie
Bonelamencer said:
where did he say he wants to spend 80% of his IG time just for crafting faps cos he must use em in EVERY fight
He didn't, but I didn't say he'd said it either :p... Nevermind actually.

Talivar

Part of the furniture
I tried to figure a very quick and very estimated damage comparision for fury and arms. Lets pretend arms has a 3speed 2h wep and fury has 2 1.5speed weps,both will prob have high crit rate so lets assume every hit is a crit and lets take it vs a player with say 5k hp.Reemeber this all ver rough and quick guessing.Lets say arms 2h guy does 400 a hit and fury 200 main hand and 100 offhand cus they half the speed

Arms will do 3 hits gaining 10 rage a hit before 1st MS then lets add say 1k? for Ms, so every 9secs its 2200 damage, 18 secs 4400 24secs 5200 and person is dead.

Fury does 1 hit for 300 with both weps combined then his haste from crit makes attack speed down to 1sec for 4 attacks then 1.5speed attack then 2 more 1speed in 9 secs, so 8 x 300= 2400 AND he now has 80rage unused so 2nd round he can do heroic strike on every hit so say +120 a hit so a total of 2400+920=3320 for round 2 so he kills the 5k hp warrior in about 17secs

so fury kills him 7secs quicker but like i said this very rough and quick so no doubt ppl are gonan tell me xxx hits for more or less and xx does this and xxx would do that ect:)

Eemma

Fledgling Freddie
You wont hit all the time with dw tho, I've been swaping between 2h and dw alot since I trained in dw, and so far 2h dmg output is alot better than dw because of the dw miss rate.

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Eemma said:
You wont hit all the time with dw tho, I've been swaping between 2h and dw alot since I trained in dw, and so far 2h dmg output is alot better than dw because of the dw miss rate.
2h and DW should have about the same damage over time - 3h gives bigger hits, but you swing more often with DW. Even with the 25% miss rate you make up the damage.

Talivar

Part of the furniture
Thing im trying to say really isnt that fury>arms or arms >fury its just that they both can be as good as each other if played right.Its all about personal preferance.

Gef

Fledgling Freddie
The beauty of MS is its another INSTANT attack, its not effected by DPS. Fury/DW is a steady stream of damage, and okay it is easily comparable to Arms/2h damage. But duel weilding 2 fast 1 handers has no way of bursting damage.

Full bar of rage, Intercept, Normal hit (400hp down), Whirlwind (450hp down), MS (600hp down), Normal hit (400hp down) .. all before they even get out of the intercept stun. With 25% odd chance to crit thats a hella lot of HP in a few seconds.. A class with cloth armor or on less than full hp may even get into Execute range.

Also Talivar, as a point to note, Heroic strike and DW dont mix at all, if you activate HS for your next attack your offhand stops swinging. Unless they have fixed this in the patch not tested it.

Eemma

Fledgling Freddie
Danya said:
2h and DW should have about the same damage over time - 3h gives bigger hits, but you swing more often with DW. Even with the 25% miss rate you make up the damage.

My dmg over time with 2h Axe is far greater than dw axe. It might be that im using the wrong weapon for dw (donno) but I'd prefer 2h over dw anyday, specially against rogue :x

Bonelamencer

One of Freddy's beloved
k9awya said:
im not crying about a warrior being gimped, i think they rock 1vs1 :)
although i think roguessuck 1vs1 :> :>

well vs a shammy, you charge + hamstring
going in zerk stance and spam your brst dmg abilities, ms/ww. keep hamstringed and fight toe to toe, pummell heal attempts (of course he can use a NS heal but its 50% effective)

priests you can pummel his cast time spells, beserker rage, intercept and ms are thekeys to winning that one

oh and you can fear a shaman using his totems ;)

the keyword is "decent" . Cba explain all tactics but if they know how to deal with warr then don't lose.

Jupitus said:

Hey dood ! How are you ? Nice to see you doing well :D

Solo

Fledgling Freddie
Has anyone else tried

Mainhand: Axe/Sword/Mace
Offhand: empty (so you use fists)

Obviously a weapon in Offhand would do more damage on one hit, but you get the (25%?) miss rate. With fist in offhand you dont get the miss rate and get consistent damage. Your rage buildup is also immense due to the speed your hitting.

I find two handed weapons a bit slow for my liking especially with the high natural miss rate on warriors. In an instance I would use shield but if i want damage output maybe you should try this setup and see what you think :)

Talyn

Can't get enough of FH
Tallen said:
Warriors are the only class with no ranged ability.

Er... Have you actually trained in Guns or Bows? Warriors have ranged abilities if you want to spend a bit of cash on getting trained.

Warrior can have ranged power if they really want it, it's not that hard.

Ormor

Fledgling Freddie
Anyone saying a warrior is gimped has never met a fully equipped one.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Solo said:
Has anyone else tried

Mainhand: Axe/Sword/Mace
Offhand: empty (so you use fists)

Obviously a weapon in Offhand would do more damage on one hit, but you get the (25%?) miss rate. With fist in offhand you dont get the miss rate and get consistent damage. Your rage buildup is also immense due to the speed your hitting.

I find two handed weapons a bit slow for my liking especially with the high natural miss rate on warriors. In an instance I would use shield but if i want damage output maybe you should try this setup and see what you think :)

why not put a fist weapon in offhand? (since thats unarmed skill does it count the same as normal weapon? )

Solo

Fledgling Freddie
Ormorof said:
why not put a fist weapon in offhand? (since thats unarmed skill does it count the same as normal weapon? )

I heard if you use fist weapon it recognises duel weild and you get the 30% miss rate. If left empty it doesnt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom