Warrior rage change, enough to ungimp warriors for pvp?

k9awya

Can't get enough of FH
Darksword said:
well casters have forms of CC which will allow them 2 do dmg and get range etc and if a caster hits a inst the warriors in combat and cant charge so the caster should get another nuke off etc :p

i feel warrior needs something 2 make them better against casters, against other melee classes they seem 2 b doing fine (Atleast mine does in duels - my warriors only lvl 22 so i aint done much pvp with it)

warrior can charge in combat, it's called intercept.

warriors with arcanite reaper can kill a mage in seconds, with a bit of luck..

FAP generally deals with most problems a warrior has

Driwen

Fledgling Freddie
k9awya said:

fap being free action potion, which afaik a low alchemist can make. (just as extra info, as I doubt everyone realises what fap means)

Gef

Fledgling Freddie
Driwen said:
fap being free action potion, which afaik a low alchemist can make. (just as extra info, as I doubt everyone realises what fap means)

FAP needs 4 Oily Blackmouths and 1 Stranglekelp to make, in general, fishing off the pier in Menethil Harbor you'll get maybe 9-10 Blackmouths an hour. I always try and keep 5 on me but rarely use them because they are so expensive/time consuming to make, appart from to kill that odd Druid who thinks he can pwn every Warrior he sees. ;)

Deacan

Fledgling Freddie
If you are playing a Warrior all i can say is keep at it, as we all know a mmorpg balance is like a hour glass.

It shifts all the time.

Bonelamencer

One of Freddy's beloved
k9awya said:

In other words you are crazy crafter wannabe or begging blizzard for giving "free action ability" on a short timer.Oh well how can you know about the real quantity of faps needed for a pvp evening ? Don't you spend all ur time in pve ? :wanker:

Tasslehoff

Fledgling Freddie
Bonelamencer said:
In other words you are crazy crafter wannabe or begging blizzard for giving "free action ability" on a short timer.Oh well how can you know about the real quantity of faps needed for a pvp evening ? Don't you spend all ur time in pve ? :wanker:
Where did he say he wanted a free action ability?

More like something you added because you wanted to see if the rest of the Freddyshouse were agreeing or not.

arawem

Loyal Freddie
k9awya said:

Aye, but u still need 10 rage to use it, and unless i have been bgged since the start of the game ;) , warriors starts with 0.
U can use a rage potion, but again this is quite crappy for warriors, as healing and rage potions are on the same reuse timer, so if u drink a rage potion to use ur intercept and u cant kill the caster fast enought u have nothing to try heal urself :wanker:

Solo

Fledgling Freddie
It's mainly because all other classes can do their best attacks/spells from the outset. We have to slowly build up enough rage, by then its far too late. We are more group dependant than a priest.

Talivar

Part of the furniture
I may be wrong but im guessing 9/10 of the warriors here who are complaining we sook are arms spec for mortal strike?.Not sure if its related but all the Fury spec warriors i know are normally rhe 1s saying warrior is fine or even good.Maybe its nothing but maybe its something to think about?:p

mts

Fledgling Freddie
Talivar said:
I may be wrong but im guessing 9/10 of the warriors here who are complaining we sook are arms spec for mortal strike?.Not sure if its related but all the Fury spec warriors i know are normally rhe 1s saying warrior is fine or even good.Maybe its nothing but maybe its something to think about?:p

i honestly thought it was the other way around. im playing an arms/fury specced war with ms and im not having trouble at all. burst dmg with a slow axe for teh win.

Bonelamencer

One of Freddy's beloved
Talivar said:
fury warrs are gimps fyi

Talivar

Part of the furniture
Maybe the prob then is all the warriors that are happy dont bother posting as much,so ppl only mainly see unhappy warriors:)

Talivar

Part of the furniture
And oh pls enlighten me how fury are gimps.Im fury specced and i win more than i lose so id really like to know how we gimps:p

Bonelamencer

One of Freddy's beloved
Tasslehoff said:
Where did he say he wanted a free action ability?

More like something you added because you wanted to see if the rest of the Freddyshouse were agreeing or not.
where did he say he wants to spend 80% of his IG time just for crafting faps cos he must use em in EVERY fight

Bonelamencer

One of Freddy's beloved
Talivar said:
And oh pls enlighten me how fury are gimps.Im fury specced and i win more than i lose so id really like to know how we gimps:p
win where? i write about lvl 60 group pvp spec.Nobody needs you w/o MS.If duels it doesn't change anything anyway.Just wonder how can you beat priests or shamans if fury speced ?

Talivar

Part of the furniture
Well for start priests cant fear me,i do fast consistent good damage and i make use of my engineer bombs to help damage and eventually drain mana.Maybe im lucky maybe u unlucky who knows.

Bonelamencer

One of Freddy's beloved
Talivar said:
Well for start priests cant fear me,i do fast consistent good damage and i make use of my engineer bombs to help damage and eventually drain mana.Maybe im lucky maybe u unlucky who knows.
warrior got an ability purging fear and giving 15 sec immunity to it.That's on 30 sec timer(the same like on priest's fear).Good priests never use fear vs good warriors in duels fyi otherwise will get intercepted "for free".

Talivar

Part of the furniture
Fury warriors also got a 30sec fear immunity that incs there melee damage by +20% but they take 20% extra in melee aswell.Like i said maybe we just play differant.

Bonelamencer

One of Freddy's beloved
Talivar said:
Fury warriors also got a 30sec fear immunity that incs there melee damage by +20% but they take 20% extra in melee aswell.Like i said maybe we just play differant.
Slow wep + MS does very good dmg AND reduces healing efficiency by 50%.That is surely the best ability warrior has so why do you gimp urself by specing in fury ? :rolleyes:

Talivar

Part of the furniture
Cus i beleive good fast consistent damage is better and more relaible than 1 big uber hit every 30rage

Talivar

Part of the furniture
From my experience tho ive seen groups healers handle that with Nps and keep the peron alive.At a guess cus its 30rage again till next uber hit.Maybe its just a reflection of the groups ive seen tho.

Garok

Can't get enough of FH
Cant see tbh were all this "extra" damamge comes from in Fury talents ..

5 points in for Cruelty crit % increase is the most I would go.

Siphon

Fledgling Freddie
Never had any problems owning people with my warrior, don't see what people are whining about :eek:

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
Garok said:
Cant see tbh were all this "extra" damamge comes from in Fury talents ..

5 points in for Cruelty crit % increase is the most I would go.

Most go 31 arms 20 fury for enrage. Improved Battle shout and Improved Demoralizing shout are actually quite good abilities when compared to the other crap in our class's talent trees.

k9awya

Can't get enough of FH
Bonelamencer said:

dear "noob"
they are only used against druids and mages, and 90% of the time i would try and win without fap anyway.
now druids, are few and far between, and they are much more dangerous than mages to warriors, their root should have diminishing returns and thats about it.
mages are hard without them but you just have to get in fast dmg after the first poly with your instas

blizzard have given a free action ability, its escape artist.. as any lucky gnome warrior would know.. and if i wanted that i would be a gnome.

k9awya

Can't get enough of FH
arawem said:
Aye, but u still need 10 rage to use it, and unless i have been bgged since the start of the game ;) , warriors starts with 0.
U can use a rage potion, but again this is quite crappy for warriors, as healing and rage potions are on the same reuse timer, so if u drink a rage potion to use ur intercept and u cant kill the caster fast enought u have nothing to try heal urself :wanker:

Dear another "noob"

hello bloodrage->intercept

or was this too hard for you to work out? no wonder people think warrior is shit when noobs like you play it, you havent got a clue have you

k9awya

Can't get enough of FH
tali: ms is huge insta dmg.. if you used that rage on heroic strikes you gain what over 2 swings, 200 dmg and rage is gone?
or with a big axe and ms you gain 600 dmg? 1800 on an enraged crit?

k9awya

Can't get enough of FH
Talivar said:
Cus i beleive good fast consistent damage is better and more relaible than 1 big uber hit every 30rage

oh.. thats ok in pve, but in pvp when you need to kill paladins and mages, the huge burst damage warriors have from ms and ww is what kills people

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom