Warning, DaoC account email scam!

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Only using my hotmail account for MSN, but few hours ago, this popped inside my inbox:

Reply-To : noreply@goa.com
Sent : Monday, January 17, 2005 11:30:19 PM
To : xxxxx@hotmail.com
Subject : Password Change Request

| | | Inbox

Dear user ,
You have submited a password change request . Click here and you will be forwarded to a password change form.

If you aren`t the person who submited the request , submit a complaint here and we will investigate this fraud attempt.

Warning : NEVER communicate your passwords.You will be asked fot them by members of the Dark Age of Camelot - Europe team only in actions against fraud
Dark Age of Camelot - Europe team
http://www.camelot-europe.com/

Now I thought this was odd, none of my 4 accounts are registered to this hotmail account (not safe imo). But an old account i've gotten rid of long time ago WAS bound to this hotmail account. But still this dropped inside my inbox. Anyhoo both the "Click here" and "here" leads you to this form:
http://140.136.12.31:2222/form.htm
So basically this "GOA auto msg thingy" has one form for BOTH changing password AND submitting complaints. And not only that, the form asks you for EMAIL and EMAIL PASSWORD. And subscription + password. So this is obviously a scam of some sort, I will notify GOA bout this since the dude that made this up is faking GOA.
How this person got hold of my email and linked it to me playing DaoC is another mystery....

DavidH

Part of the furniture
Lots of scamming going on lately. Destroys the community. Not much you/me/anyone can do about it either except being extremely careful with passwords and logins. Never ever ever ever give it out to anyone.

Gamah

Banned
Put in a fake password and email etc and they ask for your creditcard details as well...oO

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Doh, is like 2-3 other threads bout the same in general section, nm this :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom