Warlocs !

lofff

One of Freddy's beloved
Gear said:
For a reason that i don't know, you've been picking on me quite a lot. The point is that you sound like a total idiot mostly (i.e. giving advice on how vamps should spec for leveling :wij: )

Because you run in a set group and you managed to get PLd to 50 in a weekend, doesn't make you the authority amigo! But as you said hey, go ahead! Don't mean to stop you either!

erm lol..

im not picking on u, i simply corrected the extreme-missinformation u posted in this thread, it is you who apparently out of valid arguments on-topic, end up suggesting that because you are a dedicated soloer or because u didnt pl ur vamp (which i dont know but i assume) you know better than me..

The facts are that, u dont seem to know much about me and ur posts one after another are losing more civil weight, suddenly ur starting with the insults and trying to hit my 'credibility' with preety much bullshit.

And, in case u wanna know, theres 2 active members in my guild (setgrp? since when playing in grps is less skillful than soloing btw), also i dont think theres anything wrong with telling ppl whats best spec for leveling when i was getting pms asking about it every minute, and the fact that i plvled most of the grind doesnt mean i wouldnt know it..

I can only suggest u take a deep breath, re-read ur posts and try to get back to the topic with valid arguments and/or an apology. Ive never said am any kind of authority, while however, i do know preety well my class, which apparently by ur own words u do _not_.

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
You have your own experience, I have my own. I did lot's of PLing from my vamp, hence I can only speculate what would be good or not since I don't know. I am not trying to insult you, but you're the one contradicting everything I say basing your experiences above mine. Not only that, at the same time you give a moral weight on them...

So my suggestion, would be to chill out, and start respecting what other people say, at the same time try to think that they might have a point (I try to do the same with people not full of sarcasm and irony all the time). Trust me, it might make a better person out of you!

lofff

One of Freddy's beloved
So u did pl ur vamp aswell, and if someone who is totally new to the class asks you for advice on what to spec for levleing u would answer him: donno mate, go get pled or ask someone else ..dont think so, i guess u know enuff from researching/playing the class to give the guy some hints, as i did, and you just tried to say i am an idiot because of it :)

But leaving that aside, mayhaps u have missunderstood my phrasing, as i meant no offence at anytime.. usually i dont even bother 'discussing' in fh because it always ends up on some kind of flaming.. i just thought i knew u better and u were mature enuff to be objetive (which may very well still be)

i do respect everyones opinions, and i hope for good charging up to a warlock and spamming ml1 ml2 ml3 and claws works for you, but other than those unbuffed expers in poc you duo with guerra, i fail to see how in earth (ok thats a low hit.. :p consider it a comeback, ive never killed an exper or camped poc, grped or not i work my rps)
/peace <3

lofff

One of Freddy's beloved
Marczje said:
Loff a bit touchy there eh?

its the 2nd time on this boards someone tries to drop my 'credibility' regarding vamps cos i pled most my way to 46 to start early on mls/artis.. mb ive grown a bit tired of such stupid remark yes :D

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
lofff said:
other than those unbuffed expers in poc you duo with guerra, i fail to see how in earth

Go and ask sourscreem (sp?) and theodon. A couple of names that come in mind atm ;)

lofff

One of Freddy's beloved
donno about sourscreem, but theodon is a pally Oo i was takling about warlocks ;p~ but nvm.. vamp is a blast for a class, ive also beaten duos or taken down adds on a fight aswell if thats what you mean (like that merc+mincer duo who used to camp crau docks every day, damn miss em) and sometimes if the dices go against u, u can hardly do shit... but i think u got my point with poc...

am out anyway!

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
lofff said:
(like that merc+mincer duo who used to camp crau docks every day, damn miss em

Yeah, warz and... what happened to them? Anyway, back on topic, regarding warlock experiences mostly derive from when I'm camping one of Bold's bridges. I couldn't talk about experiences with warlocks in poc as they have their chambers down anyway.

Sorry for the aggretion before anyway, other things got channeled there.

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Namefake said:
says the one, in a realm where all caster classes exept the banshees that aint OP at all, got base line stun.

interesting coming from a realm where casters have intercept pets

yeeeer....bring out the old arguments more plz =)

next ones on the list please:

- sorc lifetap + bolt range mezz
- cabba stun pet
- bainshee ablative
- healers
- savages ( well, v. old one but might still get something out of it )

Obs

One of Freddy's beloved
Guys, be carefull when u say my name... i could pwn u :p

chill out and keep on killing albs/mids!

rure

Fledgling Freddie
Gear said:
Cap your matter resists (tho it will be bad for my claw as well). Purge the dot if it gets you. Use ML1 BL ability for the uninterrupted spells. Use ML2 and ML3 as well to secure the kill. Not rocket science really. I'm sure other classes have their own tricks as well.

Wow, we could've never figured that out on our own. Too bad you missed out on the best BL-ability against warlocks and too bad not all classes can be BLs.

Namefake

Fledgling Freddie
liloe said:
interesting coming from a realm where casters have intercept pets

yeeeer....bring out the old arguments more plz =)

next ones on the list please:

- sorc lifetap + bolt range mezz
- cabba stun pet
- bainshee ablative
- healers
- savages ( well, v. old one but might still get something out of it )

intressting, says a guy from a realm where u can choose what kind of pet u want, base line stun and speed.

what is a sm without interception?

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Gear said:
I'm not going to mention how much a proper claw helps....

I think its wiser to assume that most Vampiir's dont have the 'huge 48 claw'. what helps 'way more' is Dementia spec which

a) Gives you incredible resists
b) With the level 29 effectiveness-debuff the Warlock already has its damage-nerf of 30% which they get next-patch.

Considering they're lifetapping nerfing their damage = nerfing their healing capabilities.

For non-Vampiirs I would consider hitting Demoralization and Banespike and go rape em up. For non-Banelord I would most likely either keep stealthed or run off.

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
ml9, slam, 2 shoot on champ

ns, stun, 2 shoot on eld

if at any point i make a tiny mistake anywhere i instadie, cus hitting a chamber and uninterruptible to kill me instantly is so velly skilled

:puke:

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Vodkafairy said:
ml9, slam, 2 shoot on champ

Purge (purging stun + demoralization) and your champ is prolly in troubles. ZoU will help against UI lifetaps.

ns, stun, 2 shoot on eld

Purge, Nearsight you back with first preloaded chamber and BOOM goes the eldritch.

And I totally agree; it takes no skill for a warlock to win 1vs1 - all it takes is Purge2 (RR2L5) to win over most encounters you can imagine as Warlock. After that get some nice MCL/Raging Power and you are unstoppable in solo action

Obs

One of Freddy's beloved
Best thing against locks is to press "F" key and look like a mob :p try that!

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Puppet said:
Purge (purging stun + demoralization) and your champ is prolly in troubles. ZoU will help against UI lifetaps.

Purge, Nearsight you back with first preloaded chamber and BOOM goes the eldritch.

And I totally agree; it takes no skill for a warlock to win 1vs1 - all it takes is Purge2 (RR2L5) to win over most encounters you can imagine as Warlock. After that get some nice MCL/Raging Power and you are unstoppable in solo action

don't think demoralization can be purged? and ye when warlock purges stun/ns all i can do is qc nearsight and pray i survive 2 secs, most cases i dont

Alme

Fledgling Freddie
lofff is a PLed (both rp and xp) noob who plays in an elite setgrp guild consisting of 2 ppl, and hes a god damn assistbot, think he macros anytime and assist macro tbh ;x

edit: warlox sawks and can be easily soloed.

Dawn

Fledgling Freddie
Gear said:
Cap your matter resists (tho it will be bad for my claw as well). Purge the dot if it gets you. Use ML1 BL ability for the uninterrupted spells. Use ML2 and ML3 as well to secure the kill. Not rocket science really. I'm sure other classes have their own tricks as well.

kkk

Acrantophis

Fledgling Freddie
ZoU only drains the mana off the warlock, hence it doesnt help jackass, and considering warlocks can blow ML9 on you it can get quite even to.

Kippie, dont mean to bitch around with you, but i've actually killed you more
times with non ui's and non chambers than with any uninterruptable, and i got movies to prove it. ( and you the other way around on me to mate, so not a bigge really but it does take timing and some knowledge to time stuff right when you got up to 4second cast time )

I want the warlock nerf aswell, so the IRL QQ can stop already, we know, you know, everyone know.

But its the same as people rolling valks, bainshee's , vamps, some rolled it cause its FOTM , some rolled it cause its new, mine started out as a bg fun char, that got out of hand, and now im soon hitting rr6...

Seriously, LEARN TO GET AROUND IT, DEAL WITH IT, instead of trolling the forums like 14yr old girls crying cause they broke a nail.

Once again, i want the damage nerfed asap, so we can have some peace and quiet around here. :cheers:

and OH let the :flame: BEGIN!.

-Acra.

Mas

One of Freddy's beloved
They will still whine when the nerf comes, if you are unbeatable 1 vs 1 they cry, they dont like dying 1 on 1. After all rvr is about 1 on 1 isnt it ?

Alme

Fledgling Freddie
Learn to deal with it? Kippie gave some ways of killing a warlock, and u showed how a warlock can easily counter those ways. So the question is, how do we deal with it? ;o

siaka

Banned
Acrantophis said:
ZoU only drains the mana off the warlock, hence it doesnt help jackass, and considering warlocks can blow ML9 on you it can get quite even to.

Kippie, dont mean to bitch around with you, but i've actually killed you more
times with non ui's and non chambers than with any uninterruptable, and i got movies to prove it. ( and you the other way around on me to mate, so not a bigge really but it does take timing and some knowledge to time stuff right when you got up to 4second cast time )

I want the warlock nerf aswell, so the IRL QQ can stop already, we know, you know, everyone know.

But its the same as people rolling valks, bainshee's , vamps, some rolled it cause its FOTM , some rolled it cause its new, mine started out as a bg fun char, that got out of hand, and now im soon hitting rr6...

Seriously, LEARN TO GET AROUND IT, DEAL WITH IT, instead of trolling the forums like 14yr old girls crying cause they broke a nail.

Once again, i want the damage nerfed asap, so we can have some peace and quiet around here. :cheers:

and OH let the :flame: BEGIN!.

-Acra.

ok, I saw some rog wearing warlock kill a rr10 wizard and rr5ish sorc earlier, the wizard and sorc got the jump but still died as they couldn't do enough dmg to kill the warlock through its uninterupable bs lifetap nukes and insta chamber dump interupts + dmg. Imo the only way you can deal with warlocks is to cc them and run otherwise you are pretty much dead, if you think this is acceptable you are sadly mistaken. All warlocks are doing atm is fucking the game up even more and plenty of noobs are getting rps with them, afterall its not hard to press last attacker, chamber, uninteruptable primer and lifetap, you could probably train a monkey to do it. I can't wait for the damage nerf either, its gonna be really amusing to see warlock numbers drop from 30ish to 3 in 1 day when they discover they can't instakill while semi afk anymore and might actually need to pay attention. Oh and I can guarentee 99% of people rolled warlocks not because they are new or fotm but because they wanted easy kills and free rps. Also you trying to make out warlocks are a finesse class requiring timing is just plain bs, why do you need timing with chamber and an uninteruptable primer which iirc is modified by dex?

Acrantophis

Fledgling Freddie
Siaka stop beeing arrogant mate, warlocks will still be able to instantkill, warlocks will still be able to kill 2-3targets, the ONLY thing that happens is that they drain mana faster because of the lower Lifetap delve.

Mythic's (idiotic?) intention was the warlock was supposed to be frontloaded, to remove instantkill you will have to remove warlock completley.

I'm going to continue playing my warlock post nerf, as you asses that sit here and tell warlocks to die IRL and stuff don't have a life, im writing this from work cause i've had multiple (probably 14-16yr old) (v.clueless) albs and hib's tell me to go die irl, that im complete noskill etc.

If you haven't played a warlock you cannot say what is a skilled kill or not, sure chambers are buttonmashing, but the rest aint, and most casterclasses ARE used with one quickbar effectively , im using 4 atm. + keyboard binds + qbinds.

SO be CAREFUL what you WISH for, SOMEONE MIGHT die irl when you tell them to. :twak:

And killing 8-10 people in one fight is skilled kills afaik, most warlocks drop dead after 3kills.

That's all i want to say, hope you guys (Atleast some of you) actually get a job, go out in the sunlight and actually see other people, get other value's and stop letting a game blind you beyond normal senses.

/Acrantophis - At Work 06.50CET.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom