Warlocks

atos

Fledgling Freddie
I would have done the same any time of the week vs a warlock if I could get whine threads.

Gallak

Loyal Freddie
Hmm, I play Korpoga a lot in RvR lately, the other night I took my SB out, got popped out of stealth by a MoS* Scout and zerged, got bored after being wiped time after time. Took out my SM, get Mezzed, stunshouted and PAed by a mincer/inf combo. Took out my warlock, got a kill, finally had some fun instead of getting outclassed yet again, yes the FG got me, but I went to PoC and got a couple of fun kills, very close fight with a champ.

I think people who've seen him know that Korpoga doesn't add 99% of the time, happily passes out heals, will watch 2 solos fighting and cheer them on, is unbuffed 70% of the time. I've had some really nice fights, and people have treated me with respect from all realms. Don't blame the class, blame some of the pricks that are drawn to it, and of course the pricks who so arrogantly put the class down.

Kedoz

Fledgling Freddie
I couldnt realy be assed to read the entire thread simply cuz I have heard it all before. Yes I have a warlock and I know how to play it.. and its far from imortal. The thing is that ppl whine cuz they cant solo a warlock.. well then dont engage it 1v1 then meights! When I played my Warlock activly, EVERY person I saw engaged me on sight.. how about staying away if you can and know that you might not have a chance of winning.Warlocks dont have speed, chars like sorcs do, stay away instead of attacking and get you and ur bot killed...

I should note that yes as it is now its pretty silly, and I stoped playing my warlock solo more or less.. but dont underestimate a warlock in a group. Its excelent for takeing out a bard or a sorc in the beginning of a fight and I found it usefull to be able to backup heal if needed. With 3 healers that normaly not needed tho.

As for your always stupid remarks Brite well your BD isnt realy helping much either is it, how about you rolling a healer to help your realm eh? Running arond "solo" with ur bot on stick doesnt realy help the realm much more than a warlock running around does it.
As you did, I have also killed ppl in a full group several times, that can be helped by haveing matter resists up.. and haveing matter resists on ur suit.. and how about DI?

yes Im to a degree deffending the warlock, not cuz I play one my self, but cuz its a intresting class to play. If I could change it as I wanted to my self, I would out of fairness reduse the DOT dmg some and reduced the duration to 5 ticks as other classes has . Also remove the uninteruptible primer, this would reduce some of the instant dmg the warlock can throw out. Anyway my point beeing I can understand why its not a loved class, but calling everyone that play then jerks just proves you are one...
I play hib excal as well, but you wont hear me whining about warlocks simply cuz I know how they work and stay away if im solo, and try my best to counter them if I can.. but thats just me, and you are alowed to whine as much as you want

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Warlocks are an abomination unto DAoC and should be exterminated. It's the only class that would allow you to load up chambers, go out, get a kill, die and then rinse and repeat to RR10+. :eek:

atos

Fledgling Freddie
Tasslehoff said:
Self-proclaimed attentionwhore? :p

Draw a line over attention and you're more close the the reality. =(

Bikkus

Fledgling Freddie
I am absolutly amazed at the stupidity of Midgards who have turned on a caster class which gives you an edge on us Hibbies. I am sure that there is more to a Warlock than some of the small minded people here have mentioned. If you Mids are so limited of thought to use a class like that to its fullest and end up chasing away a powerful class then I'm not going to complain :clap: :clap:

I couldnt help noticing that one of the main antagonists against Warlocks are Bonedancers. Kettle - pot - pot - kettle.

You go Middies, chase away Warlocks. Makes kicking your butts easier.

It certaily looks like a lot of green-eyed-jelousy monsters out there in Midland.

vavires

Fledgling Freddie
Brite said:
get your valk bodyguard and gov and the rest of the artis, and a proper super template and groups will really want you, if you get det im not sure if you do but most likely you will be getting in 1.76 will make you even better. Valk is a good class can provide interupt, bg, blockbot, slam, like a thane / champ with a bit more tools, they may be both always called gimped but there are still rr10 thanes and champs, and both classes can be useful so stick at it and respec 42 shield ;P

How do i get BG then? didnt know i could?
And why will 1.76 make me better?
I go tgov since 2 days ago, i just need scalars and then im templated, might chance my mind on respecing to shield...

vavires

Fledgling Freddie
Can i do point out, Valkyries are imho support classes on the offensive sides,
With our pulses to interupt, a nice shield tank, im ml8, ml5 in exp, and i like being warlord A lot, its all toward the supportive ways. imo in each RvR their should be a warlord.

Kedoz said:
I couldnt realy be assed to read the entire thread simply cuz I have heard it all before. Yes I have a warlock and I know how to play it.. and its far from imortal. The thing is that ppl whine cuz they cant solo a warlock.. well then dont engage it 1v1 then meights! When I played my Warlock activly, EVERY person I saw engaged me on sight.. how about staying away if you can and know that you might not have a chance of winning.Warlocks dont have speed, chars like sorcs do, stay away instead of attacking and get you and ur bot killed...

I should note that yes as it is now its pretty silly, and I stoped playing my warlock solo more or less.. but dont underestimate a warlock in a group. Its excelent for takeing out a bard or a sorc in the beginning of a fight and I found it usefull to be able to backup heal if needed. With 3 healers that normaly not needed tho.

As for your always stupid remarks Brite well your BD isnt realy helping much either is it, how about you rolling a healer to help your realm eh? Running arond "solo" with ur bot on stick doesnt realy help the realm much more than a warlock running around does it.
As you did, I have also killed ppl in a full group several times, that can be helped by haveing matter resists up.. and haveing matter resists on ur suit.. and how about DI?

yes Im to a degree deffending the warlock, not cuz I play one my self, but cuz its a intresting class to play. If I could change it as I wanted to my self, I would out of fairness reduse the DOT dmg some and reduced the duration to 5 ticks as other classes has . Also remove the uninteruptible primer, this would reduce some of the instant dmg the warlock can throw out. Anyway my point beeing I can understand why its not a loved class, but calling everyone that play then jerks just proves you are one...
I play hib excal as well, but you wont hear me whining about warlocks simply cuz I know how they work and stay away if im solo, and try my best to counter them if I can.. but thats just me, and you are alowed to whine as much as you want

well if these ppl are running with a bot, and you go to kill a sorc... di > you :kissit:

Elendar

One of Freddy's beloved
Bikkus said:
I am absolutly amazed at the stupidity of Midgards who have turned on a caster class which gives you an edge on us Hibbies. I am sure that there is more to a Warlock than some of the small minded people here have mentioned. If you Mids are so limited of thought to use a class like that to its fullest and end up chasing away a powerful class then I'm not going to complain :clap: :clap:

I couldnt help noticing that one of the main antagonists against Warlocks are Bonedancers. Kettle - pot - pot - kettle.

You go Middies, chase away Warlocks. Makes kicking your butts easier.

It certaily looks like a lot of green-eyed-jelousy monsters out there in Midland.

an idiot class designed by idiot people for people who cba to play anything even vaugly balanced
if you don't understand how stupidly made they are go rvr

Bikkus

Fledgling Freddie
Elendar said:
an idiot class designed by idiot people for people who cba to play anything even vaugly balanced
if you don't understand how stupidly made they are go rvr
I have seen them in RvR and i agree they are incredibly overpowered. However, for Mid to slag down people in your own realm is hard to understand. Smacks of a deeper, underlying problem.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
I don't see a "deeper, underlying" problem. I am not here first and foremost to engage in a roleplaying affair where I hate and abhor all my enemies, and perform every action in game in the name of Midgard, I am here to play a game against other players like me, some of whom I respect and some of whom I don't respect (through their actions in-game as well as in forums like this). Thus, it is not in my personal interest that my own realm gets an overpowered class, but rather that the general balance between all realms is as equal as possible, to ensure a level playing field.

In addition, I also play a Druid on another server, and as a primary healer in an opposing realm, you quickly learn to detest Warlocks.

belxavier

Fledgling Freddie
vavires said:
Can i do point out, Valkyries are imho support classes on the offensive sides,
With our pulses to interupt, a nice shield tank, im ml8, ml5 in exp, and i like being warlord A lot, its all toward the supportive ways. imo in each RvR their should be a warlord.

I wouldnt say they are a support class imo at all, yes they got guard should they spec that way but a spear/parry valk no way defensive...so they can get acess to res in odin's will still wouldnt say makes them support.
From my POV infact they should be on offensive side since they lack BG and guard alone will rarely suffice in the current fgvfg situations. No access to the battlermaster line, this is what makes thanes/warr more useful in role of defencesive tank. Imho means they better utelised in ma train with cone/interupts to nerfbat bged casters whilest u melee down the BGer. As for warlord yes can be useful in group though wouldnt say every grp must have one, but if only reason for valk was a WL would rather a skald (still can interupt maybe not as much as valk but does trick!) for added sos and speed, since u prob have 3x sojourner healers or 2x should one be perf.

Funkdocta

Fledgling Freddie
Ive got my warlock to rr4 (90% solo) and ive loved every minute of it. Most of my rps come from killing the arsehole alb stealthers who need to run in 3's and 4's coz they are scared to solo. I take great satisfaction in inflicting my revenge on the zerg that is albion! :D

Think of warlocks as your friendly anti alb stealther char :D As for there being to many.... yes there is, but it wont always be like that. As with most chars people will become bored and move on to a different one. Most of the old school guilds have left and there are tons of people that have just joined guilds for the sake of it. Not many run RvR groups these days so people roll chars they can solo with and have a laugh.

People like brite are entitled to their opinions. Some will agree, some will disagree. But at the end of the day they pay their monthly subscription and they are entitled to play whatever char they please.

p.s. yes warlocks are overpowered thats why they are getting nerfed QQ

Kedoz

Fledgling Freddie
Samaroon EatsCheese said:
well if these ppl are running with a bot, and you go to kill a sorc... di > you :kissit:

Well I cant remember wich RR10ish albs caster I had several runins with when I payed my warlock.. but he ran with his bb on stuck. As long as I had my purge up his DI2 didnt help him much.. My advise to you other casters out there, dont engage them if you HAVE to win. Personaly I dont care if I die.. I run into a fg and do my best to kill one or two or what ever, but I know there is ppl out there that INSTA whine when some class or person beat them.

MythieY

Fledgling Freddie
Samaroon EatsCheese said:
haha hardly call me much of a success only being 5l7 :|

but remember pip's hunter (no offence), but it was pretty crap, then all of a sudden preacherboypip appears on the scene adding on everything in sight. sorry i just dont like him ;o

i would like to say grats to flyboypip on rr7, as all hunters will admit it's hard playing one

i run with pip on teamspeak, and i belive that your talking a load of balls, because everytime we see a 1v1 he screams down the mic not to add to the fights. end of the day guys, pip is a good game player if you belive this or not it's up to you, but is the really any need to run your mouth saying some one is "crap" when they have put alot of hardwork and effort into the game.

note to Samaroon, belive that you love pip or something, as you always slag him off saying you hate him so much, yano what they say...love at first sight.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Prydwen/Midgard Whorelock Suicide Squad = Free RPs at Oriens Bridge Underwater = Free stun practice for Clerics = Free laugh each time chambers are spotted = Primary targets = Manisch is a gimp but the Whorelocks around beat him at being a gimp by several hundred percent = Roll a Thane and earn respect like Trollum instead of moving in groups of 4 Whorelocks and getting killed all the time = If you insult me like Pip did you might get banned from here = If you delete all your Whorelocks I'll come to Midgard and play a Valgairwannabe.

And yes, I add on groups grouping a Whorelock. No mercy for playing a one-button-class to all supporters.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
And btw listen to Brite :p.

If my best RL friend would roll a Whorelock like he intended to do I'd go and shag his GF in revenge.

No mercy.

Haha!

Kedoz

Fledgling Freddie
Manisch Depressiv said:
Prydwen/Midgard Whorelock Suicide Squad = Free RPs at Oriens Bridge Underwater = Free stun practice for Clerics = Free laugh each time chambers are spotted = Primary targets = Manisch is a gimp but the Whorelocks around beat him at being a gimp by several hundred percent = Roll a Thane and earn respect like Trollum instead of moving in groups of 4 Whorelocks and getting killed all the time = If you insult me like Pip did you might get banned from here = If you delete all your Whorelocks I'll come to Midgard and play a Valgairwannabe.

And yes, I add on groups grouping a Whorelock. No mercy for playing a one-button-class to all supporters.

Who ever said we wanted you here? Who ever said Trollum had respect? Oo banning.. *warning E-penis growth detected*

If them warlocks are so easy to kill then whats ur problem? I dont realy think you laugh when you see a warlock.. I think you get seriously pissed off at a game each time one kills you and think "ffs why do I play this lame game QQ NERF!!!!!" .. grow up.

Suedish

Fledgling Freddie
Manisch Depressiv said:

- If people insult you, they will get banned from FH? Haha, riiight.

- What are you (and many many others) whining about? If warlocks are the free rp's that you say they are, then you all would just keep quiet and hope more mids rolled a warlock, as you so easily can farm then it seems. People whine when they get owned, or bug abused, and as far as i know there's no bug warlocks abuses.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Suedish said:
- If people insult you, they will get banned from FH? Haha, riiight.

- What are you (and many many others) whining about? If warlocks are the free rp's that you say they are, then you all would just keep quiet and hope more mids rolled a warlock, as you so easily can farm then it seems. People whine when they get owned, or bug abused, and as far as i know there's no bug warlocks abuses.

- Think Pip called my GF a whore or something and disappeared.

- I'm not whining, either they are free RPs or I mezz them and run away.

Oboy

Fledgling Freddie
Brite must be the smartest mid out there, all should follow that example and /delete
yes warlocks destroys rvr and the fun for everyone else and its best noticed in keep fights.
No respect for a whorelock and no buffs for the QQing thread starter, go reroll fotmnoob

Dont know if the nerf will stop em, 30% isnt a big nerf enough, anyway with that and remaking of my template i can get the dmg down by 45% so i maybe will survive more then 1-2 chambers :clap:

Rubberchicken

Fledgling Freddie
Personally i think people should be allowed to play whatever class they want, if they have a bb they should choose who they want to buff, as soemone said he might have played alb/excal and been pwned 200 times by the warlock instakills.

Personally im sad at the way this realm has turned out because it's ruining the game for me. When i started quite a while back midgard would use teamwork in pve and pvp combat and now all i see is people having arguments because we are all dicks to each other. :(

It's hard as hell to find people in game who will help someone if there isn't something in it for them either so come on mid and get your act together :twak:

Kedoz

Fledgling Freddie
And beeing killed by a class is a valid reason to be uterly rude to a fellow mid, yes he is mid when he playes this realm.. and all thouse evil warlocks are his allies.

As for ruining ur game.. you have to look deeper than just the warlock to find an awnser to that problem.. blameing it all on the warlock is ignorant. All realms has it problems, atm the warlock class gets alot of fire from other realsms and some from mid as well. Read some up on the warlock on VNBoards. If ppl just look passed their hate for warlcoks and understand that you dont fight a warlock 1v1, unless you have some idea how to beat one. When I play my SB I stay away from RR5+ sorcs, RR3+ mercs etc. How about faceing that you cant beat a warlock 90% of the times you see one and move away from it instead of hitting charge and die before you can get to it.

Jeriraa

Fledgling Freddie
Oboy said:
yes warlocks destroys rvr and the fun for everyone else and its best noticed in keep fights.

Hahaha? So Warlocks destroy everybodys fun in keep fights? How about boltrange mezz vs mid mezz? How about scout range vs hunter range? How about pet spam on doors compared to mids on doors? How about a stealther than can climb walls and cc?

Quite biased arent you?

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Your arguments are irrelevant when compared to a class that can just about instakill any enemy except those backed up by DI and/or excellent healers, Jeriraa. Claiming otherwise is just ignorant.

Jeriraa

Fledgling Freddie
Belomar said:
Your arguments are irrelevant when compared to a class that can just about instakill any enemy except those backed up by DI and/or excellent healers, Jeriraa. Claiming otherwise is just ignorant.

I'm not argumeting against or for Warlocks here. I was just poiting out that Mids dont usaly have "fun" at keeps.

MythieY

Fledgling Freddie
Manisch Depressiv said:
- Think Pip called my GF a whore or something and disappeared.

- I'm not whining, either they are free RPs or I mezz them and run away.

no pip said that you where "lower than pond life"

which imo is true, along with what you just said about your GF

you dont like warlocks cus they own you, just like you didnt like the bd when it came out...it owned u more...just get over it

omg a class that owns and isnt a alb, who gives a damn wtf you think, end of the day you moan and talk bull about everything that isnt alb.

oh look for once the mids have a class that does dmg in RvR, and we alb dont like it, ban warlocks....

i's like a jerry springer show...but the thing is jerry springer shows arent full with children like you, and jerry springer is funny...unlike you

now give it a rest you moron

:kissit:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom