Warlocks

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
Adorith said:
Not really. In those four seconds You'll have released three chambers and cast three or four uninterruptable PBAE's as well, yielding 6 * 218 delve points worth of pbae or more. Although, after the bomb the warlock can't do much but go hide and powerless spreadheal for the rest of the fight.

Well he said you should load spread+pbae into chambers, and I am no warlock expert, but I dont think you can load 2 secondary spells into a chamber, which means you have to chose between spread heal and pbae, which means you either wont heal yourself or you wont get as many pbae´s off.

I still think reaver > warlock for solo bombing.

Phule_Gubben

Fledgling Freddie
ROFL..

Doomsayers that whine over something we don't even have. Get a life ffs.

:kissit:

Skilgannon

Fledgling Freddie
Phule_Gubben said:
ROFL..

Doomsayers that whine over something we don't even have. Get a life ffs.

:kissit:

Some of us play US servers aswell and have therefore experienced the stupidity of this class. I have never been on the receiving end as I only have active Mid chars atm but I have seen how low RR sub 50 Warlocks can decimate high RR opponants. The downside on this class is nowhere near bad enough to justify the frontloaded dmg.

Drop the dmg or increase the downside. One will happen and, knowing Mythic, probably both.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Kalba said:
noaim said:
IM GONNA ROLL A NEW FOTM CLASS WHEN CATACOMS COMES SO I CAN DO TOA ONCE MORE!!!
Noaim... Nooooooo :(

no need to do toa, or even bother getting to 50 ;) just get to 47 with the freelevels and go RvR.

infernalwrath

Fledgling Freddie
ok i am tired of fucking morons
warlok style:
3 chambers for fotm spec
3 pbae + 3 uninterable primer that cost atleast 25% of your power
release 1 chamber u cast 1 pb and then u have to wait for 2 secs
NOW lets say the warlok wonna bomb
2 chambers with uninterable pbae + 1 chamber with uninterable spread . Now if u are a healer u know that if u are solo the spread heals u for shit i think under 300 damage maybe 200.. so lets say u are grouped. A warlok wont have + healing so the most he can get healed is what ~ 600 from the spread ?
SO u go in u hit ml 8 u hit spread u get healed for 600 and u have around 1k life. U fire twf and then u stand there waiting for second chamber to charge up 2 secs pass u cast 1 pbae another 2 sec then u fire second pbae .
Now in the 4 seconds needed to pass to fire the pbae spells u can get stunned (minstrels inst stun ? ) or mezzed ... but lets say u wont.
In the end u have ~20% power u have waited 4 secs to do all teh bombing ( more that enough for 1 cleric to press group inst ) and u have killed the zerg
If the warlok is rr0 then he has only tartaros to get power that is on 15 min timer and he wont have twf
Reaver style :
u have to be rr5 to do this:
Go in the zerg fire ml8 and then special ra and then twf. zerg dead in what under 2 secs ?
AND OF COURSE A CHAIN WEARING HYBRID MUST BOMB HARDER THAN A ROBE WEARING CASTER :rolleyes:
now spiritraiser get a fucking clue or stfu :wanker:

ps i read flims and adoriths posts to see how warloks work so correct me if i am wrong
ps 2. i dont find warlok underpower or whatever i agree they are overpowered but i just cant accept a reaver qqing about it and then insulting me

Powerslave

Fledgling Freddie
ilienwyn m8!

u are of reaver. thus u have no right to talk or comment about anything/anyone

Adorith

Fledgling Freddie
infernalwrath said:
ok i am tired of fucking morons
warlok style:
3 chambers for fotm spec
3 pbae + 3 uninterable primer that cost atleast 25% of your power
release 1 chamber u cast 1 pb and then u have to wait for 2 secs

You dont load primers into chambers. You load a curse + hex spell combo into them. Chambers are instas and thus uninterruptible by their own right. What would happen during a warlock bomb is this:

Warlock targets himself and hops down into a throng of enemies.
0s: Fire ML8 and first chamber containing single target heal from leftover curse spec and pbae, start casting UI pbae
1s: UI pbae resolves, start casting the next one.
2s: Fire second chamber, same payload as the first one. Second UI pbae resolves, start casting third one.
3s: Third UI pbae resolves, start casting fourth one.
4s: Fourth UI pbae resolves, fire last chamber.

So in 4 seconds you've just cast ML8, 7 pbae's and healed back some of the damage from the ML8. And you've been uninterruptible the whole time. You could probably drop a bunch of other banelord stuff in there too for added pwnage.

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
no need to do toa, or even bother getting to 50 ;) just get to 47 with the freelevels and go RvR.

The more overpoweredness, the better. And I get the feeling you take most of your "info" from vnboards, and not to discredit vnboards in any way, but it aint exactly the place where great minds meet. Warlocks will be nerfed if needed, and hopefully togheter with some other classes, and with a bit of luck they boost some classes at the same time, but that might be a tad too much to ask for.

Powerslave

Fledgling Freddie
warlocks will be nerfed if needed???

am i the only one feeling sick here? we're discussing stuff about balances when things like Zephyr havent even been nerfed yet, or classes like minsterl, bonedancer etc.

this game still has huge imba's, no matter if some people choose to ignore it

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
Powerslave said:
warlocks will be nerfed if needed???

am i the only one feeling sick here? we're discussing stuff about balances when things like Zephyr havent even been nerfed yet, or classes like minsterl, bonedancer etc.

this game still has huge imba's, no matter if some people choose to ignore it

I chose not to give any comments on how overpowered warlocks are based on other peoples opinions, thats why I said "if needed", seeing I never played one, with one, or against one, and therefor dont know. Judging by the whine, it is needed tho, and therefor I am sure they will get nerfed. I wont say that I think its needed tho, since I havent experienced them myself.

Smilewhenyousaythat

Fledgling Freddie
Be better for mid if they get the nerfs sorted before cats launch in UK - at least you know what you'll get long term. However i bet they won't have the inevitable nerf in placve until later - by which point the usual fotrms will all be playing warlocks, and mids will whine like biatches when they get close to a normal level.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
noaim said:
The more overpoweredness, the better. And I get the feeling you take most of your "info" from vnboards, and not to discredit vnboards in any way, but it aint exactly the place where great minds meet. Warlocks will be nerfed if needed, and hopefully togheter with some other classes, and with a bit of luck they boost some classes at the same time, but that might be a tad too much to ask for.

Played against a few in beta - they didn't seem to bad then (most went for a high cursing spec for the damage)... - people whined when they got dotted or killed by a spiritmaster (lol) or whatever..

till someone found out how cheezy the uninterruptable primer was and was obliterating things...

it got toned down then, obviously not enough.

I'm ignoring the "omg I got killed in an RvR zone" posts btw, and just reading the posts by the RR5 fotmlocks - they're the scary ones ;)

Skilgannon

Fledgling Freddie
As we probably won't get the nerfed version straightaway I envisage a fair few Excal Middies junping on the bandwagon...and actually believing that they are skilled players.

I can imagine the grats threads as these players dissapear further up their own rectums...

And then I can imagine the new rivers running around Svasud as the middies sob their little hearts out as the bat restores Midgard to just everyday overpowered.

Gordonax

Fledgling Freddie
noaim said:
The more overpoweredness, the better.

Am I missing your point, or was that the most stupid comment I've ever read on FH?

Arnor

Fledgling Freddie
Skilgannon said:
As we probably won't get the nerfed version straightaway I envisage a fair few Excal Middies junping on the bandwagon...and actually believing that they are skilled players.

I can imagine the grats threads as these players dissapear further up their own rectums...

And then I can imagine the new rivers running around Svasud as the middies sob their little hearts out as the bat restores Midgard to just everyday overpowered.

refresh my memory please, what chars did you have again?

Calo

Part of the furniture
Skilgannon said:

Do i hear someone who's already crying about a class that isnt even here?

Quite an imagination yes...

Ashala

One of Freddy's beloved
you will never....EVER find a game where everyone think that "heyy....this is some balanced shit mann", you will always find the every-day-wanker, moaning about something he or she think is unfair, my thoughts ? get out there and play the game as its suppose to be played otherwise quit if you cant stand it, because the fact is that not a single daoc game moderator read these threads nor would they take action on them if they actually did.

the morale of all this is:

play the game as much as your skills allows you to, you cant really do anymore

Edaemos

Fledgling Freddie
Skil has played his reaver and reaver only on alb since the start of SI iirc, but i guess because he rolled a class which back then struggled to get in groups which is now a powerful class that gives him no right to say anything eh? :m00:

[SS]Gamblor

Fledgling Freddie
D000000m , d0000m , we are all d0000000med :(

ahh wait , nerf that ..

st3 > warlocks

Skilgannon

Fledgling Freddie
Arnor said:
refresh my memory please, what chars did you have again?

Since SI launch on Albion?

Reaver

Played it from day 1 and stuck with it even when I had to spend week after week solo in Odins cause noone wanted a hybrid in their group.

On Pryd. Valewalker

On Iseult. Thane

In Catacombs. Valkyrie ;)

Ilienwyn

Fledgling Freddie
Powerslave said:
ilienwyn m8!

u are of reaver. thus u have no right to talk or comment about anything/anyone

Power,

you are a mid thus you have no right to talk or comment about anythin/anyone

When you have even a slight sight of a clue about reavers, Old Frontiers and New Frontiers and whatever else happened with them then you can tell me I have no right to talk.

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
Gordonax said:
Am I missing your point, or was that the most stupid comment I've ever read on FH?

It was just a comment on that its worth toa´ing...if you chose to take it seriously or not is up to you.

infernalwrath

Fledgling Freddie
Adorith said:
You dont load primers into chambers. You load a curse + hex spell combo into them. Chambers are instas and thus uninterruptible by their own right. What would happen during a warlock bomb is this:

Warlock targets himself and hops down into a throng of enemies.
0s: Fire ML8 and first chamber containing single target heal from leftover curse spec and pbae, start casting UI pbae
1s: UI pbae resolves, start casting the next one.
2s: Fire second chamber, same payload as the first one. Second UI pbae resolves, start casting third one.
3s: Third UI pbae resolves, start casting fourth one.
4s: Fourth UI pbae resolves, fire last chamber.

So in 4 seconds you've just cast ML8, 7 pbae's and healed back some of the damage from the ML8. And you've been uninterruptible the whole time. You could probably drop a bunch of other banelord stuff in there too for added pwnage.
if u spec 44 hex 30 w which is the fotm spec u have :
3 chambers u can load with pbae/spread + dd or bolt from curse baseline
so if u wonna bomb go in fire ml 8 fire first chamber with spread + dd
u fire first UI pbae u lose 25% power so atm u have 75% without considering the mana costs from the first chamber.U fire second chamber with pbae+dd and then second UI pbae u have 50% power etc etc.
So in teh end u will have fired 4 UI pbaes + 2 pbae from chambers+ml8 so in the end u got 0 power around 70%-80% life and yes u have bombed
reaver: go in fire ml8 fire twf fire rr5 (takes 2-3 secs tops to do that) u bombed ..
so imo reaver is still better bomber than warlok and of course he is a chain wearing hybrid with 2k hp and the warlok is a robe wearing caster with 1.4 k hp BUT IN THE EYES OF SPIRITRAISER THE WARLOK IS OVERPOWERED AND THE REAVERs BOMBING IS WORKING AS INTENTED :rolleyes: :wanker:

Gordonax

Fledgling Freddie
noaim said:
It was just a comment on that its worth toa´ing...if you chose to take it seriously or not is up to you.

Sorry... it went straight over my head :)

Adorith

Fledgling Freddie
infernalwrath said:
if u spec 44 hex 30 w which is the fotm spec u have :
3 chambers u can load with pbae/spread + dd or bolt from curse baseline
so if u wonna bomb go in fire ml 8 fire first chamber with spread + dd
u fire first UI pbae u lose 25% power so atm u have 75% without considering the mana costs from the first chamber.U fire second chamber with pbae+dd and then second UI pbae u have 50% power etc etc.
Why on earth would you go 44 hex? There's nothing at 44 and with RR and +skills you shouldn't have a problem with variance really. Stop at 43 hex and get 12 curse instead, which lands you at the 118 delve single target heal. Indeed, bombing as a warlock isn't as safe as a reaver but you can do more damage in the same time span.

Ilienwyn

Fledgling Freddie
Skilgannon said:

Reaver

Played it from day 1 and stuck with it even when I had to spend week after week solo in Odins cause noone wanted a hybrid in their group.

Don't tell them that mate, they thing Reaver was as fotm as savages probably and they don't have a clue how it was to find groups. And when we actually turned into fotm, so many people left that it is still very hard to do that...

Arnor

Fledgling Freddie
Skilgannon said:

Reaver

On Pryd. Valewalker

On Iseult. Thane

In Catacombs. Valkyrie ;)

nm, seem to remember meeting a scout named skilgsumt, i wasnt referring to your reaver, which you obviously rolled because of your psychic see the future powers :p

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
whether you think bombing for more damage is better or not than bombing with more armour/hp - here's another one:
compare the bombing power of a warlock with an ice wiz.

(oh and combine that warlock charge with a healer doing aoe stun /shudder :p but that's beside the point)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom