Warhammer delayed

vayasen

Fledgling Freddie
All fights, be they one vs 1, 1fg vs 1fg or massed relic raids are RVR. the size is a matter of circumstance, simetimes luck...and sometimes good co ordination.

Regardless of the numbers in the fight, to say 'please dont add' distorts what you are fighting for and indeed distorts the game.

It changes the battle vs the enemy of your realm, into a private little game.

When leading RVR, one of my main priorities after winning a fight was to 'scream' at everyone to get formed up and MOVE (then recover). REsting on the site of a fight was inviting disaster as other enemies homed in.

Should I have instead asked them not to attack us, so we could rest up, then have a good 'fair' fg vs fg?

Nope of course not. It was a battle between 3 mortal enemies, not a playground for 8 vs 8 fights.

Faeldawn

Fledgling Freddie
I'm part of the no-add brigade and I'm proud of it. Playing on US server now screaming "Please don't add" and I'm not the only one I can tell.

Thing is (I take it you're an alb btw), you can always ask nicely not to add, I just prefer it that way. If people don't, nice, thanks. If people do, can't really help it, it's the game. I can't blame them for adding. But when they don't after I ask them not to add, thank you very much.

Was more for the type of player Fafnir referred too tbh and those who wrecked Excal with their made-up rules they expected everyone else to obey.

No problem with players asking "Please don't add" as long as they don't get all pissy when they are ignored. We leave a lot of 1v1 fights alone and don't add as a rule, but certain players deserve to be zerged back to the stonage (those who jump rr1 casters with their rr13 assassins, or those who group with 4-5 others and zerg soloers when it suits them, but then expect to be allowed to have 1v1 fights when it suits them), not saying you are one of those.

Oh, and I play Mid, not Alb, so i guess your generalisations are as bad as mine :p

Case

Fledgling Freddie
Bollocks to not adding, it`s RvR if your on my side and getting beaten on I will help out. It's a war and all a part of the game, the made up no adding rules are a pile or crap and hopefully with not be tolerated in WAR. The first person in WAR who tells me to stop adding is going to be told to get stuffed :p

If people want to play 8v8 or whatever then please go and play guild wars or similar group based pvp games. If you want War in it`s full then play WAR simple really init?

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
No problem with players asking "Please don't add" as long as they don't get all pissy when they are ignored. We leave a lot of 1v1 fights alone and don't add as a rule, but certain players deserve to be zerged back to the stonage (those who jump rr1 casters with their rr13 assassins, or those who group with 4-5 others and zerg soloers when it suits them, but then expect to be allowed to have 1v1 fights when it suits them), not saying you are one of those.

The problem is that the game was not designed to have a 1v1 or an 8v8 if you got it great. But telling people to not play the game like it should be played is shit. The same people would be the first people asking for a rezz and moaning cause you didnt help them if they got killed.

I'll hit anything that is not a friendly, sometimes I I might not depending on the mood I am in but the most important thing is that it is me who decides what I can and cant do.

Oskorei

Fledgling Freddie
[offtopic]
Caelaen, your sig....is there a second season for Firefly coming? Because in that case: YAAAY \o/ :D
[/offtopic]

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Sadly it doesn't look like there will be.

Faeldawn

Fledgling Freddie
Sadly it doesn't look like there will be.

Whedon said there will never be a second series and there never will be.

Terrible shame, i loved Firefly, awesome setting and something I found very watchable.

Firefly mmorpg is more likely, although that looks like a pipedream now as well :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom