WAR Usa Pre Order Program to start 5th of August

nelg39

Fledgling Freddie
hehe, yesterday it said starting Aug 4th, im kinda getting a bit bored waiting to b honest. get rid of the NDA already.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
That's for US though, how will it be handled here in Europe?

Gahn

Resident Freddy
That's for US though, how will it be handled here in Europe?

Ahhhhhhhh well judging from Eu site release is August 2008 :p
Out of jokes, i really don't have any idea till Goa decides to shade some light on us.
Must say that, as usual, Mythic do their things and we are, somehow, lagging behind.

Malcolm

Can't get enough of FH
Warhammer Forums - View Single Post - Pre-Order "Confusion"

IainC_Goa said:
On the subject of the standard edition pre-order in Europe. The EU pre-order for the standard edition begins on the 28th of August and the full details haven't yet been announced for it. As Mark has said however the EU version won't have the open beta access. This is mostly because we are instead going to be making open beta places available through partner websites in the different European territories instead. European communities are different to North American ones and we feel that this is the best way to support them and to give EU WAR fans the opportunity to take part in the open beta.

Helehuianu

Fledgling Freddie
So let me get this straight.
- There will be an EU open beta.
- It will be accessible to Pre-Ordres
- Others without pre-order will get the opportunity to join trough "local sites"
- GOA is useless, EU web page is useless, and EU customers are not prioritized.

I have trawled the EU page, but the flash is driving me crazy, and the information posted by IainC_Goa can be found where?

nelg39

Fledgling Freddie
So let me get this straight.
- There will be an EU open beta.
- It will be accessible to Pre-Ordres
- Others without pre-order will get the opportunity to join trough "local sites"
- GOA is useless, EU web page is useless, and EU customers are not prioritized.

I have trawled the EU page, but the flash is driving me crazy, and the information posted by IainC_Goa can be found where?

on Warhammer Alliance

from what ive seen so far only CE pre orders get in 2 open beta, plus sites like fileplanet i surpose, not normal pre orders tho.

Linnet

Fledgling Freddie
hehe, yesterday it said starting Aug 4th, im kinda getting a bit bored waiting to b honest. get rid of the NDA already.

Says Aug 6th now, I'm thinking of running a book :O)

CGADucK

Fledgling Freddie
Nothing new there :( Mythic really don't care much for their European players compared to Blizzard,or even Turbine.

Hey at least they're not torturing us like Mythic are, pushing the date 24hrs every day :D

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Nice to know, would have loved to read it on that rather useless Web Site, but kudos to Iain to come to Goa's Rescue as usual.
Also that's another tangible clue that Mythic don't give a shit about Europe problems and go on with their things no matter what

There's nothing on the EU site at the moment as there is nothing to announce. We'll be posting full details of the pre-order program for the standard edition when everything is ready to go. In the meantime, as Mythic have announced their details, I'm just answering questions. It would be a bit odd to post a news article saying there was no news.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
There's nothing on the EU site at the moment as there is nothing to announce. We'll be posting full details of the pre-order program for the standard edition when everything is ready to go. In the meantime, as Mythic have announced their details, I'm just answering questions. It would be a bit odd to post a news article saying there was no news.

tis is the better of all Iain cause i care of you
362106.jpg

Kuldiin

Fledgling Freddie
So this allows those in the US who pre-ordered to get beta access from today?

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture

That sounds exactly like your post about solving Dyvet's population issues.

That being said I just applied for the US beta with hope to get in the open one with my US DAoC account. Looking at GoA's past in "serving" the DAoC community, your new Warhammer site and this thread here I am 100% sure I did the right thing.

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
That sounds exactly like your post about solving Dyvet's population issues.

That being said I just applied for the US beta with hope to get in the open one with my US DAoC account. Looking at GoA's past in "serving" the DAoC community, your new Warhammer site and this thread here I am 100% sure I did the right thing.

Apart from trying to score cheap points what is your point exactly?

Succi

Fledgling Freddie
After working in the games industry I really can't understand the situation at the moment.

How can Mythic come out with a well thought out release plan complete with CE pre-order, standard pre-order and promises for both headstart and closed/open access, whilst GOA are stuck posting on forums 'Uhhh we didn't expect this' (Ian's post somewhere on this board).

Seriously, where is the communication between the two companies? this is a partnership that will fall down the same trail as DAoC if these problems aren't ironed out asap.

IainC, we've been fed the whole 'EU and NA players will have the same gaming experience' line from mythic, yet at the moment that promise is already starting to crumble pre release.

Can you somehow explain the situation so the community has faith that we aren't being cradled by the hands of incompetence here? Because from all angles that is the picture being painted at the moment.

crash_614

Fledgling Freddie
After working in the games industry I really can't understand the situation at the moment.

How can Mythic come out with a well thought out release plan complete with CE pre-order, standard pre-order and promises for both headstart and closed/open access, whilst GOA are stuck posting on forums 'Uhhh we didn't expect this' (Ian's post somewhere on this board).

Seriously, where is the communication between the two companies? this is a partnership that will fall down the same trail as DAoC if these problems aren't ironed out asap.

IainC, we've been fed the whole 'EU and NA players will have the same gaming experience' line from mythic, yet at the moment that promise is already starting to crumble pre release.

Can you somehow explain the situation so the community has faith that we aren't being cradled by the hands of incompetence here? Because from all angles that is the picture being painted at the moment.

Now, no need to string up IainC about this. If you ask me, its fair to say that he's both as in the dark as us, and potentially just as frustrated about it.
It seems pretty clear that its Mythic who dropped the ball here- Nothing our side of the pond could really do about it.

That being said, I don't like it anymore than any other European who feels like they may be getting the shaft here- but please do remember that its the an EXTRA that Mythics side are giving, not what was promised.

At least, thats how it all seems to me.

Idris

Fledgling Freddie
Still seems to me like we're getting what we thought we would, just Mythic suddenly decided to give a bit more, and really.. it's a bit of a bombshell to organise a preview weekend, getting 60k into closed beta (tech specs allowing), etc etc.

I think it's been hard for me to explain that people pre-ordering should wait till 28th Aug, but not THAT hard to explain when I tell them why they should wait.

As long as there is a headstart, an open beta and a stable game on release the rest seems quibbling on details. Yes, it's not exactly the same as the US, though Iain says they're trying to work out details to see what's possible.

We'll never know the exact details of how this all came to be. But I'd rather save my true whinging energy for bigger deals (if they crop up!)

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Now, no need to string up IainC about this. If you ask me, its fair to say that he's both as in the dark as us, and potentially just as frustrated about it.
Yeah but we don't work for Mythic or GOA, he does and as Community Manager he should be one of the closest people involved with communications between Mythic and GOA. However I agree, it's not GOA's fault as Mythic clearly were too retarded to inform him.
I think Requiel should have posted at the end of the reply "I will get back to you on this once we have more info", then we know he is doing something about this.

Talivar

Part of the furniture
Why do ppl tell us they applied for US beta and intende to play there yet post here lol? Go start posting on US forums or something. And all the i work in the games industry and cant understand how this happens talk!. If u work in any industry long enough you will encounter situations that dont pan out as first intended no matter how much planning and care is taken. In MJ's letters or posts he even says himself that he never expected certain announcements ect to be so fast so it shows not even he realises how fast things are progressing in some areas. EU are not getting any less than they was promised , all thats happening is US are now getting an extra preview weekend as far as i can tell. Many ppl here come across with this arrogance in there attitudes and almost demand to be treat as equals or adults or whatever, yet all we hear is whine and crys.
GOA and MYTHIC dont owe anybody anything , they all hard at work trying to get the game ready as fast as possible and in a stable form. This is buisness they, want WAR to be as big a success as anybody so to think they not trying 100% is just idiotic, this is there lively hoods.

Simmo

Fledgling Freddie
. EU are not getting any less than they was promised , all thats happening is US are now getting an extra preview weekend as far as i can tell.

It's not the fact that where not getting what where promised because we havent been promised anything, only that the game will release on the 18thSep, we have absolutely nil information, thats what gets people all twisted and start posting shit. If we had the info about all the beta's head starts previews what ever no one would be whining, unless of course it's bad news, but any news is good for me, as long as im not sat in the dark.

Just the fact that they have all there info they can all relax while we sit here and bicker about whats happening when realy nobody even knows.

If GOA could give us more information im sure everyone would be happy.

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
It's not the fact that where not getting what where promised because we havent been promised anything, only that the game will release on the 18thSep, we have absolutely nil information, thats what gets people all twisted and start posting shit. If we had the info about all the beta's head starts previews what ever no one would be whining, unless of course it's bad news, but any news is good for me, as long as im not sat in the dark.

Just the fact that they have all there info they can all relax while we sit here and bicker about whats happening when realy nobody even knows.

If GOA could give us more information im sure everyone would be happy.

According to GOA's FAQ the game is still scheduled for an early 2008 release :lol:

rynnor

Rockhound
I'm not GOA's biggest fan but it seems difficult to me for anyone to blame GOA if Mythic suddenly bring everything forward unexpectedly?

As to using this incident to make guesses about the respective service levels once the game is live seems a bit of a stretch.

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
This is the idea i'm getting right now. Would be nice to get bit more info

A. EA got bored of waiting and just told Mythic to release it asap(not like this would be the first time)

B.Mythic actually don't give a crap about Europe and they just went ahead withouth even informing GOA.

C.Make your own excuse!

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
I'm not GOA's biggest fan but it seems difficult to me for anyone to blame GOA if Mythic suddenly bring everything forward unexpectedly?

As to using this incident to make guesses about the respective service levels once the game is live seems a bit of a stretch.

Well - the only thing GOA apparently didn't know was the changes to the beta population by adding the CE and those things... something like that which I picked up from one of IainC's posts. (Can't remember whether it was WHA or here.... I think it was the big WHA thread). Not the release date.

Edit:
Just to clarify a misconception that's popped up a few times in this thread. The release date announcement wasn't a surprise to us.

http://www.warhammeralliance.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1052413&postcount=252

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom