WAR Usa Pre Order Program to start 5th of August

Aada

Part of the furniture
This is really getting my back up now it's just the usual pissy bullshit with Mythic/GOA that got almost everyones back up in DAOC.

Seriously is anyone going to be suprised if the EU doesn't see the Open Beta till september?

chrislocalboy

Fledgling Freddie
Now, no need to string up IainC about this. If you ask me, its fair to say that he's both as in the dark as us, and potentially just as frustrated about it.
It seems pretty clear that its Mythic who dropped the ball here- Nothing our side of the pond could really do about it.

That being said, I don't like it anymore than any other European who feels like they may be getting the shaft here- but please do remember that its the an EXTRA that Mythics side are giving, not what was promised.

At least, thats how it all seems to me.

Yeah, don't start pointing the finger or venting frustrations at Iain, this is not his bloody fault or GOA's, Mythic and Mark Jacobs have been looked after number 1...... the US and in the process appear to have forgotten about the EU completely and left GOA in the dark.

I'm surprised Paul Barnett has not had some words or something to say considering he's a Brit himself!!!

Succi

Fledgling Freddie
Now, no need to string up IainC about this. If you ask me, its fair to say that he's both as in the dark as us, and potentially just as frustrated about it.
It seems pretty clear that its Mythic who dropped the ball here- Nothing our side of the pond could really do about it.

ye apart from like, communicate

nevermind though, it's not like they're business partners or anything. I'm sure mythic 'dropping the ball' won't happen again and effect EU's gameplay!

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Apart from trying to score cheap points what is your point exactly?

My point is that you and GoA are incompetent. Though it would be obvious to you (by now).

Let's see, first we have a bloated flash-based site again with translations done by people who write like kids who are in the elementary school.

Then we have two different types of Warhammer players, the ones being served by GoA with their no-plans-to-announce-currently-policy and the ones being served by Mythic with detailed plans who put the players ahead, for example Mythic players with a DAoC account will be most likely all in the open beta.

I remember reading M.J. who wrote that GoA will deliver the same service and how things will be different.

Btw. I still find it hilarious that a daugher company of France Telecom is not able/willing to arrange something as simple as a char copy from an empty and dead server to a server with some population on it, even with a fee as suggested by the players.

I hope that EA cancels the contract regarding Warhammer with GoA and I know that I am not alone. Each time something doesn't work out as expected we get the license limitations provided as an excuse anyway.

Cheap points? I don't think so, people have reasons to play on US servers from the beginning, now you can deny it and call me a trolling punk, I don't care, I know enough players who left to be served by Mythic in DAoC.

M

mourneuk

it turns out today from a german Cm that GOA did know about Mythic's plans, but just were unable to change their planning to accommodate.

Of course, had they not left everything until the last minute that wouldn't have been a problem.

Sugah

Fledgling Freddie
*Long version* see below for short

I've bought the collectors edition from play.com and i honestly don't care about the model, the artwork or the graphic novel. I'm only really interested in the ingame rewards, the head start and most importantly OPEN BETA access. Now to find out that Open beta is looking like being for 2 weeks only I'm starting to feel a little bit well ripped off and seriously considering saving myself £30. I know again that Goa have probably been shafted more than we have but I'm also considering playing 'over the pond' incase this carries on into release. It'd be really interesting to see how many closed beta players euro war and NA war have had (pre CE closed beta) because I'm starting to get the feeling that the euro closed beta was nothing but a facade to give the impression we were equal when really not many euro players actually had a chance at closed beta.

*Short Version*

I FEEL LIKE A MUSHROOM!!!!!

Derian

Fledgling Freddie
What would end all of this crap is if GOA just gave out the same sort of info that Mythic have given. Like letting us enter our CE codes and giving us access to download the client so we are at least ready roll when the OB actually starts.

Instead they post some b*****ks on the official page about watching the cinematic trailer on MTV, well woopti doo wait while i s**t myself with joy!

Starting tomorrow US all CE pre-orders can download the client ready for the OB to start. So much for doing things at the same time.

Like alot of other people here and myself we just want news on what is happening nothing too extravagant just some basic facts on what is happening now that we know the game will be out on the 18/9/08.

Aada

Part of the furniture

I've bought the collectors edition from play.com and i honestly don't care about the model, the artwork or the graphic novel. I'm only really interested in the ingame rewards, the head start and most importantly OPEN BETA access. Now to find out that Open beta is looking like being for 2 weeks only I'm starting to feel a little bit well ripped off and seriously considering saving myself £30. I know again that Goa have probably been shafted more than we have but I'm also considering playing 'over the pond' incase this carries on into release. It'd be really interesting to see how many closed beta players euro war and NA war have had (pre CE closed beta) because I'm starting to get the feeling that the euro closed beta was nothing but a facade to give the impression we were equal when really not many euro players actually had a chance at closed beta.

*Short Version*

I got my CE preorder thing from HMV am i buying the CE?

No.

£70 is a big wad of notes to pile into a game that you might not even like.

Do yourself a favour and cancel.

Aada

Part of the furniture
My point is that you and GoA are incompetent. Though it would be obvious to you (by now).

Let's see, first we have a bloated flash-based site again with translations done by people who write like kids who are in the elementary school.

Then we have two different types of Warhammer players, the ones being served by GoA with their no-plans-to-announce-currently-policy and the ones being served by Mythic with detailed plans who put the players ahead, for example Mythic players with a DAoC account will be most likely all in the open beta.

I remember reading M.J. who wrote that GoA will deliver the same service and how things will be different.

Btw. I still find it hilarious that a daugher company of France Telecom is not able/willing to arrange something as simple as a char copy from an empty and dead server to a server with some population on it, even with a fee as suggested by the players.

I hope that EA cancels the contract regarding Warhammer with GoA and I know that I am not alone. Each time something doesn't work out as expected we get the license limitations provided as an excuse anyway.

Cheap points? I don't think so, people have reasons to play on US servers from the beginning, now you can deny it and call me a trolling punk, I don't care, I know enough players who left to be served by Mythic in DAoC.

I agree totally with your post dude.

100% right on with the FLASH website omg i hated that with DAOC it was just terrible!!

Sugah

Fledgling Freddie
My funniest moment with GOA was when I left DAOC for WOW. I got a little bored and thought I'd resurrect my DAOC account. Paid a subscription and then found my charachter that I wanted to play was naked because of a bug with the databases. After that I just couldn't be bothered to play even though they'd of apparently given me the Artifacts back and cash for the other pieces. Play.com CE is 59.99 and SE is 29.99 btw.

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
it turns out today from a german Cm that GOA did know about Mythic's plans, but just were unable to change their planning to accommodate.

Of course, had they not left everything until the last minute that wouldn't have been a problem.

Indeed - this is a bit "scary" because the two statements directly contradict each other.
Makes me feel all confirmed in the idea that GOA doesn't know what they are doing.

And the fact that the website *still* lists "early 2008" as estimated release date when the actual date have been release is pure incompetence by now. Can't be anything else. Well that or lazy.
It is crunch time GOA. Show us that you are the new wonderful company with something other then words.

As for Manisch Depressiv - you should seriously doubt that EA would sack GOA once the game goes live, or even is this close to release.
It'll take too much money and time to get somebody to swoop in and take over. GOA is safe almost no matter how much they mess up. It is PR rhetoric such statements.

BLayzZE

Fledgling Freddie
It's time for somebody at GOA to stand up and be counted. No more excuses or partial statements, just tell us exactly where you are with the state of preperations.
If your Data Centre isn't going be ready to allow a client download then tell us it wont be ready. If you have no idea what's happening, then tell us you have no idea what's happening. If it's going to be another week before everything can go live, then tell us this.

They say no news is good news, but in this case it's having a detremental effect on your ability to deliver what you've been promising for months.

Come on GOA, pen a reply here or on your website, and keep us informed.

Amelyn

Fledgling Freddie
Im well aware of the number of complaint-posts, however I feel I need to post this, and I'll try to keep it friendly.

I've always been tryin to promote/stand up for GOA since early DAoC time til now.
Telling about my succesful CSR encounters and xtraordinary server Up-times, jolly jolly yippikiyay!
Trying to calm down angry posters like Xandax and Manisch :p

All the recent dissapointment among the fanbase here tho is starting to affect me aswell.
You can't deny feeling futtbucked right now. As pointed out by several users here :
"soon", "TBA", "when its ready" and "in due time"
as a general answer the loads of questions being asked, won't cut it.
Or having to check about 10 different forums for the chance of something being posted there. Since the official page is not giving us much.

Sure Iain&Magnus is trying and they posts some info from time to time (which is great btw!), this ain't directed at them personally though.

I know several people now whos gotten cold feet and migrated to Mythic due to poor communication and information.

This whine/disappointment/Q_Q (Call it what u'd like) has been going on for quite some time now, and we still keep getting fed the replies that I wrote here midpost.

* You will be able to input your preorder codes in due time
* Open Beta will start soon

etc

Im to the left and mr GOA executive is the other one
:lol:

A wise man once said...
MBJ @ Warhammeralliance said:
There's an saying in the MMO biz that is simply "You only get one chance to launch well"

Man I feel like a crybaby :ninja:

However it's time to turn the train around....

Derian

Fledgling Freddie
Im well aware of the number of complaint-posts, however I feel I need to post this, and I'll try to keep it friendly.

I've always been tryin to promote/stand up for GOA since early DAoC time til now.
Telling about my succesful CSR encounters and xtraordinary server Up-times, jolly jolly yippikiyay!
Trying to calm down angry posters like Xandax and Manisch :p

All the recent dissapointment among the fanbase here tho is starting to affect me aswell.
You can't deny feeling futtbucked right now. As pointed out by several users here :
"soon", "TBA", "when its ready" and "in due time"
as a general answer the loads of questions being asked, won't cut it.
Or having to check about 10 different forums for the chance of something being posted there. Since the official page is not giving us much.

Sure Iain&Magnus is trying and they posts some info from time to time (which is great btw!), this ain't directed at them personally though.

I know several people now whos gotten cold feet and migrated to Mythic due to poor communication and information.

This whine/disappointment/Q_Q (Call it what u'd like) has been going on for quite some time now, and we still keep getting fed the replies that I wrote here midpost.

* You will be able to input your preorder codes in due time
* Open Beta will start soon

etc

Im to the left and mr GOA executive is the other one
:lol:

A wise man once said...

Man I feel like a crybaby :ninja:

However it's time to turn the train around....

I got nothing but headaches from GOA when i played DAoC, i started 3 weeks after launch and even then things didn't look right. All the way through to Catacombs when they were in full swing with their piss poor performance, which is when i left the game.

To me things are looking like history is repeating itself, 1st time round fool on them 2nd time round fool on me and at this moment in time its looking like we are going to be s**t on once again from an ever increasing height. If thing have not picked up by the time (whenever that may be) the OB starts i may cancel my CE pre-order and wait until i can join the US servers. There are a fair amount of people from Europe over there and if we mass on the same server then it will feel like an unofficial EU server but controlled by a company who can deliver.

A good sign of a good company is the ability to deliver on time every time and GOA to every EU player is not delivering on time at all. They should be trying to mirror their partners over in the US to make things as close together as possible. Which if i remember rightly/or not we were told would actually happen.

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
A good sign of a good company is the ability to deliver on time every time and GOA to every EU player is not delivering on time at all.

That's quite an accusation. Care to add some details? What have we missed out on? Have we missed Open Beta? Is Open Beta not starting the same time as in US?

If GOA had something to tell us they would tell us. If you can come back here in 1 months time and say "see I was right" then I will credit you with luck only because as it is you are guessing.

IainC has very publically made it known that Mythic changed THEIR plans at very short notice. Of course GOA would know about that, no-one is saying otherwise, but in this case they only found out after Mythic has changed direction. Since the GOA setup is not an exact carbon-copy of the Mythic setup they couldn't possibly hope to match the things Mythic are now doing.

Regarding EU beta test I can't remember where this was posted but I'm going to say it anyway: there is a considerably larger active beta pool in the EU than in the US.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Dooooooooooooooooooooooooom!

We've been promised things for our CE preorders:

1. Open beta
2. Headstart
3. Stuff in game

the US folks at the last minute got to get into closed beta (as long as their machine was up to spec) as well and have a "Preview Weekend" whatever that is...

As far as we know we don't get that on the european site.

Now, if you can't enter your CE keys to get into open beta by the time open beta starts then by all means get out the pitchforks - but so far GOA haven't broken any promises.

A lot of the whining in this thread boils down to "I asked for a pony and they said it'd take a week to deliver BUT I WANT IT NOW!!!!!" :p

Amelyn

Fledgling Freddie
That's quite an accusation. Care to add some details? What have we missed out on? Have we missed Open Beta? Is Open Beta not starting the same time as in US?

Id guess he referrs to DAoC

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!

*Short Version*

You paid 30 quid extra to get into open beta?

Something which has always been described as the last stage before the game goes live...

and which you won't keep characters from?

Oookaaay....

On the other point: Euro closed beta (up till the point that the US invited the collectors edition people) has had a lot more people in it than the US one. They've had 5 languages worth of beta testers...

Amelyn

Fledgling Freddie
A lot of the whining in this thread boils down to "I asked for a pony and they said it'd take a week to deliver BUT I WANT IT NOW!!!!!" :p

pretty bad comparison, more like:

"I asked for a pony and they said I will get one "in the near future" and Id like to know, give or take 2 weeks, when that will be." :m00:

Derian

Fledgling Freddie
In the past GOA has shown how it delivers with poor Customer Service and poor communication 2 things that should really be top notch, as poor Customer Service and poor communication pisses off the people that pay your wages. When DAoC started to loose players from EU side it was because GOA were screwing about, most if not all those people migrated over to the US side and i know some that still play today because they get good service for the money they spend.

Working in retail for 7 years before i changed profession showed me if you gave 100% customer service you could guarantee that person would tell on average 5 people about how good it was, if you gave bad customer service that same person would tell on average 15 people because of it. It shows nothing travels faster then bad news.

At the end of the day all i want to know is some information on when, how and where from GOA. Is that so much to ask?? I am sure everyone else wants to know these answers as all of the US players know whats going on over there to a better degree then we do. US may not know when their OB starts but they are aloud to download the OB client at some point today which gives them something to do until Mythic give them a concrete date as to when the CE people can play and the 1st 50k SE people that they promised too.

Amelyn

Fledgling Freddie
Anyway. Why are people so quick to jump to GOAs defense? You won't earn any reputation points.

If a potential customer crowd are unpleased by, in this case communication, then that is to be seen as feedback.
And that is why they got Community Managers in the first place.
Of course there will always be non-constructive whiners and trolls, but dont make the assumption everyone is.

Theres a good post @ WHA on the matter

Responsibility Call - Warhammer Forums

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
Well said Derian. Good post.

I too would like more info but that's a long way from saying that GOA have already let us down.

One thing I hope we can all agree on is that the level of passion being displayed here is down to us all looking forward to the game when it finally arrives. The tempo is certainly rising in here and noticably so in the last few weeks. :)

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
Anyway. Why are people so quick to jump to GOAs defense? You won't earn any reputation points.

If a potential customer crowd are unpleased by, in this case communication, then that is to be seen as feedback.

Why are people so quick to whine and make potentially false allegations? Why can't a perceived defence of GOA also be taken by them as feedback? You seem to contradict yourself there. Anything we write here is feedback if GOA are watching and of course they are. Everyone has the right to write what they like within certain bounds. In the end they are all just opinions and people can take from them whatever they like.

It is every paying customers right to complain, you should see me in action. However, some of us may choose to constructively balance out the arguements. Personally I'd like to do what I can to make the game a success and if you believe I do that to earn rep points then consider if you will just how much of my time I spend for little green skulls....

Derian

Fledgling Freddie
Well said Derian. Good post.

I too would like more info but that's a long way from saying that GOA have already let us down.

One thing I hope we can all agree on is that the level of passion being displayed here is down to us all looking forward to the game when it finally arrives. The tempo is certainly rising in here and noticably so in the last few weeks. :)

I can only go from past experience with GOA from DAoC that they let us down in the past, old habits die hard and i do really hope that GOA deliver and everything goes really well.

I have pre-ordered the CE and want to be able to get in there ASAP as i am sure everyone else does aswell. I understand things need to be ironed out but i guess i am another impatient person. (well not guess i know i am impatient :p)

Its all a big waiting game as with any launch of a MMO.

dee777

Loyal Freddie
There are a fair amount of people from Europe over there and if we mass on the same server then it will feel like an unofficial EU server but controlled by a company who can deliver.

I am looking forward to join that crowd. Hopefully the EU emigrants will stick together. Mythic should name a server "old world" or something. :)

Amelyn

Fledgling Freddie
Why are people so quick to whine and make potentially false allegations? Why can't a perceived defence of GOA also be taken by them as feedback? You seem to contradict yourself there. Anything we write here is feedback if GOA are watching and of course they are. Everyone has the right to write what they like within certain bounds. In the end they are all just opinions and people can take from them whatever they like.

It is every paying customers right to complain, you should see me in action. However, some of us may choose to constructively balance out the arguements. Personally I'd like to do what I can to make the game a success and if you believe I do that to earn rep points then consider if you will just how much of my time I spend for little green skulls....

Why people make false accusations no1 can answer obviously.

And yeah sure defending GOA, or saying that you are happy with whatever, surely is feedback and good feedback too.

However when certain people call for or demand better information, it seems rather weird for someone to defend? (Not you in this case)

This is getting hard to respond to since we all referr to several different posts.

Lastly my post wasn't directed at you personally, I honestly don't care about your reputation gains.

peace out dawgs

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom