War is already dieing

Legean

Fledgling Freddie
I think the problem is the discontinuity of the RvR zones. I dont feel like I need to attack or defend any of the tier 1-3 keeps as they dont seem all that important. I dont think I will meet anyone if I venture into these areas so I dont bother.

What I would like to see is some sort of timer put on joining scenarios, say after its finished you have to wait 30 minutes before you can join another. This means people know they cant join a scenario for 30 minutes so they may go and do some ORvR, PQs or quests filling up the world map rather than everyone being in an instance at the same time. Ofcourse this would have drawbacks like if youre in a group and someone misses the invite/is bugged and doesn't get it ect but i think the benefit of opening up the areas with more players would be worth it.

I dont think there is anything wrong with the actual incentives to fight in the campains. Taking a capitol to me is a much greater reward than having a relic. They should remove the PvE areas from the tier 4 zones and make the whole map an RvR area, moving the PvE elsewhere. This will hopefully break down the zergs and promote more group/duo/warband/whatever fights, increasing the diversity of the encounters people have in RvR.

I think the missing X-factor that DAoC had was the need for leaders and stratagy. Taking a keep was hard work and usually involved cutting ports to other keeps and defending certain areas. In WAR its all too easy to just zerg into a keep and kill or be killed. With the PvE zones along side its too easy to get back meaning people use less skill and just zerg to see what happens. They need to increase the time it takes to get to keeps!

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
I find it fuckin annoying that most scenarios are a case of 'capture so and so,' or 'hold so and so etc.'

I want some nice one on one's in the battlegrounds like daoc - but if you do that and don't help with the scenario objectives, then you're being a burden on everyone else.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
I find it fuckin annoying that most scenarios are a case of 'capture so and so,' or 'hold so and so etc.'

I want some nice one on one's in the battlegrounds like daoc - but if you do that and don't help with the scenario objectives, then you're being a burden on everyone else.

Plenty of 1v1 to be had in orvr, you just have to know where to look :)

Xanthea

Fledgling Freddie
For me war doesnt havent the dross that came with daoc.Fixed groups, add/dont add crap, being mezzed then stunned for two and a half hours. just lots of things.DAoC was a first for many here and they will always love it but tbh if its STILL that great then why are you not still playing it and instead playing WAR?

Tell me please how can there be so many clueless ppl at the same forum?!

The trash you write is so bad, mezzed then stunned for 2 hours so why dident you remove your fakking Aug dex on your paladin and picked purge? or tried get a group with an idiot who know how to demezz.

And ppl dont play Daoc cause the very same company hosting this game a$$jammed daoc so hard that ppl left it.And that ppl compare WaR to Daoc is more than just the creators of the games.

I recall when you could kill casters with the 3 combo PA,CD etc ppl moaned so damn hard about it. But in this UBER game WaR you have to deal with a fucking BG called Tor Anroc or something where assholes can knockback you every damn time.

Come in BG meet enemies,instant knockback flying past half the BG in lava and DIE, so you release run back and once more instant knockback in lava and DIE../rel once more run back knockback in lava DIE.

You get in the BG at 19-and must at lv22 my class get knockback at 25 or 26 so 4 levels i must run now more or less not be able to do jack shit diddely do before i get my knockback so i can also send ppl flying in to death.....No tbh the idiot who came up with that BG is a complete looser and ALOT of issue's like that im quite sure WaR will die.

Klonk

One of Freddy's beloved
Hey, it's this guy again!

*orders pizza and Coke*

griralith

Fledgling Freddie
For me war doesnt havent the dross that came with daoc.Fixed groups, add/dont add crap, being mezzed then stunned for two and a half hours. just lots of things.DAoC was a first for many here and they will always love it but tbh if its STILL that great then why are you not still playing it and instead playing WAR?

The trash you write is so bad, mezzed then stunned for 2 hours so why dident you remove your fakking Aug dex on your paladin and picked purge? or tried get a group with an idiot who know how to demezz.

And ppl dont play Daoc cause the very same company hosting this game a$$jammed daoc so hard that ppl left it.And that ppl compare WaR to Daoc is more than just the creators of the games.

I recall when you could kill casters with the 3 combo PA,CD etc ppl moaned so damn hard about it. But in this UBER game WaR you have to deal with a fucking BG called Tor Anroc or something where assholes can knockback you every damn time.

Come in BG meet enemies,instant knockback flying past half the BG in lava and DIE, so you release run back and once more instant knockback in lava and DIE../rel once more run back knockback in lava DIE.

You get in the BG at 19-and must at lv22 my class get knockback at 25 or 26 so 4 levels i must run now more or less not be able to do jack shit diddely do before i get my knockback so i can also send ppl flying in to death.....No tbh the idiot who came up with that BG is a complete looser and ALOT of issue's like that im quite sure WaR will die.

seriously, you need to get out some more... maybe even try to get engaged in some CQB with opposite sex? all that rage aint healthy in the long run.... :ninja:

Toel

Loyal Freddie

This game seems like a complete torture for you, why don't you just stop?

Xanthea

Fledgling Freddie
seriously, you need to get out some more... maybe even try to get engaged in some CQB with opposite sex? all that rage aint healthy in the long run.... :ninja:

Yes i know, i mean comon you know everything about me right? and that i make post about a game on internet you can say exactly who im, how im etc etc etc....So cool no as i said before make your own post and not being a general tard jumping on other posts.

But i can agree must be alot easier to type to someone "get a life" than for example make a valid post why the game as in this thread will fade away.

Have a nice day idiotfan

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Generally speaking: learn to quote 1st of all :m00:

Reginald

Loyal Freddie
Re: War is already dying

Like I said War is already dying ...
Do you have any statistical data to validate this claim?

How many subscribers does a game like "Warhommer Online" currently have? How many people have bought this game?

Do we have similar data for "Age of Conan" ? How many people currently play "Age of Conan"?

Mr_Grumpy

Fledgling Freddie
Yes i know, i mean comon you know everything about me right? and that i make post about a game on internet you can say exactly who im, how im etc etc etc....So cool no as i said before make your own post and not being a general tard jumping on other posts.

But i can agree must be alot easier to type to someone "get a life" than for example make a valid post why the game as in this thread will fade away.

Have a nice day idiotfan

OMG the irony of you signing idiotfan, if only you knew lol.

Seriously ,you read my post and quoted it and thought i was really seriou about a 2 hour mezz? /facepalm

YOU hate the game, YOU love DAoC. YOU should perhaps go back to daoc .Even an idiot could work that out yet you havent.

Says a lot.

Xanthea

Fledgling Freddie
OMG the irony of you signing idiotfan, if only you knew lol.

Seriously ,you read my post and quoted it and thought i was really seriou about a 2 hour mezz? /facepalm

YOU hate the game, YOU love DAoC. YOU should perhaps go back to daoc .Even an idiot could work that out yet you havent.

Says a lot.

I will you dont get it yet however, WaR will sink like a stone just like with all games some stay "like current daoc playerbase" that is WaR once all free months etc has ended.

Must be a real stunning game ppl dont even want to go to T4 and that is the end content i asume lol....

Once this is dead, they have 2 options one hell of a daoc orgins server or sooner or later EA will shut them down haha.If not sooner than that considering the major impacts EA already having sacking 600 developers etc etc etc

Chrismorris

Fledgling Freddie
I will you dont get it yet however, WaR will sink like a stone just like with all games some stay "like current daoc playerbase" that is WaR once all free months etc has ended.

Must be a real stunning game ppl dont even want to go to T4 and that is the end content i asume lol....

Once this is dead, they have 2 options one hell of a daoc orgins server or sooner or later EA will shut them down haha.If not sooner than that considering the major impacts EA already having sacking 600 developers etc etc etc

Its very hard to understand what your saying let alone try and agree with you.

FYI, i dont agree with you :wub:

HerculesPluto

Fledgling Freddie

I think a lot of ppl WOULD go back to DAOC if they could restore the "good ole days" the problem is going back now = empty server, we want all our old mates on there again with the 200 man zergs in emain etc heheh never gonna happen unless it becomes free to WAR players or something hehe OR WAR gets some freaky daoc zone where we can BE our old daoc mains or something

rynnor

Rockhound
I think a lot of ppl WOULD go back to DAOC if they could restore the "good ole days" the problem is going back now = empty server, we want all our old mates on there again with the 200 man zergs in emain etc heheh never gonna happen unless it becomes free to WAR players or something hehe OR WAR gets some freaky daoc zone where we can BE our old daoc mains or something

There is no going back - I understand what your saying and sometimes I feel nostalgic for the old days in daoc but change is the only constant.

You cannot recapture times that are past - best to move on and try new stuff - you might even like it :)

CowledScout

Fledgling Freddie

I agree... I think (i don't hope) warhammer will crash and burn.
Just look at the recent changes. More dmg to Bright Wizards, and nerf to healing? What.. the ...? I doubt Mythic truely plays their own game, but we said the same with daoc :). Most likely they bought the game, from another developer, and just ruins it now.

I doubt origins will ever be released tho - cry.

aika

Can't get enough of FH
sad thing is xanthea got no clue about daoc either :(

Dre@d

Fledgling Freddie
Well Xanthea looks like the typical guy who had a bad experience of the game or just didnt like it, he calls fanboys to all that still enjoy and call em tards, newbs, and bla bla bla Sad dude indeed, but its even more sad that there's more ppl like him around... lots more, if u dont like the game and think ITZ SUCKZ OMFG just quit, aint that hard to understand, instead making u look like a little tard kid on a public forum, hf with the ban btw.

Toel

Loyal Freddie
Bit sad he's been banned really, his cluelessness always brought a smile to my face. :)

Mr_Grumpy

Fledgling Freddie

Who cares what you think? So what if it sinks, you hate it ,others dont, why do you care lol.

Oh and buhbye :)

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
See, this is the reason why a lot of people dont like WAR, because they keep comparing it to DAOC. Dudes, get over it. DAOC has gone and whilst it was great, no other game will come close to it. So just embrace WAR for what it is, forget about DAoC and enjoy your game :drink:

Even though your an OP FOTM BW I have to agree ;)

DAOC was a great game. WAR may not come close to matching its RvR content and play style but it has a lot of promise.

Ezeine

Loyal Freddie
See, this is the reason why a lot of people dont like WAR, because they keep comparing it to DAOC. Dudes, get over it. DAOC has gone and whilst it was great, no other game will come close to it. So just embrace WAR for what it is, forget about DAoC and enjoy your game :drink:

:iagree:

Zrawkor

One of Freddy's beloved
I don't.

It's more than logical people compare WAR to DAoC. It's like comparing your current GF with your ex. And who doesn't do that really?

Anyway, imo the social part is where they really made it work in daoc but terribly failed in WAR. As with current end-game RvR.

Which makes the game pretty much awful for me.

Just waiting on Origins / some sick WAR overhaul to brighten up stuff.

It's a pity WoWhammer Age of Scenarios really is the best way to call the game atm.

Marc

FH is my second home
I don't.

It's more than logical people compare WAR to DAoC. It's like comparing your current GF with your ex. And who doesn't do that really?

Why is it logical?????? And who does compare their gf to their ex? Just soppy c***** who get their heart broken easily I guess.

Hufner

Fledgling Freddie
Bit sad he's been banned really, his cluelessness always brought a smile to my face. :)

Well, the writing made my head ache as well - so all in all, I'm not sure wether to laugh or cry :p

I see a lot of comparisons of DAOC RvR with WAR from DAOC Frontiers expansion. Though one could argue that, being the same developer they should have learned lessons from previous games - it's still comparing a game having gone through several years of maturing with a newly released game?

Anyone here remember how much end content there was in DAOC at release?
Highest level dungeon to get items was Spindelhalla, and IIRC this was much higher than the other two realms' options for items?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom