War is already dieing

WaveZtream

Fledgling Freddie
Like I said War is already dieing our server have prolly lost 20% people already. Now lets see what happens on nov the 13 :) Talk about bad luck first jumping to Age Of Conan and what garbage that was then decided to jump to War and now it seems to be dieing already :(

caswallawn

Fledgling Freddie
war's problem is lack of socail interaction it realy ruins the point of a MMO.

Leel

Fledgling Freddie
What did you expect? A lot of people try it out. Then when first month is up, some people find out they don't like it. It's the coming three months or so that will really give a pointer as to where this game is going.

Oh, and I'm prolly not the only guy that wishes that all the people that play war would play daoc instead!

Spankya

Fledgling Freddie
If you look at a poll someone made you can see that 15% dont want to play it anymore, 10% arent sure. But still, 75% said they will keep playing.

Personally I didnt enjoy the game much but it seems alot of people do, so give it time and see how it goes. I think alot of people will try the WoW Expansion, but who knows.. maybe the WoW expansion wont be to some people's liking and they might move back to Warhammer instead and new players may appear.

The poll is here: https://forums.freddyshouse.com/warhammer308/233123-how-many-will-pay-play-curious.html

Loneliness

Loyal Freddie
A small percentage changed server, im one.

Dear GOA i know a few guildwars players who would love to fill your servers all they ask is they play for free.

Afran

Part of the furniture
Well with the current issues, and the fact that pre-order + OB free days expire soon with the patch estimated at around a month later, many people have quit temporarily and will come back to see what changes with 1.1.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Hrdoom.gif

Thx for sharing your end of the world shit, my guild averages 30+ people per night and we got plenty of enemies to fight.
Nothing to see here, move along.

Boggy

Fledgling Freddie
I'm glad there are slightly fewer people on KEP. No more queuing to get on, but still easily enough people around for scenarios.

I'm surprised at the comment about social interaction. I'd have said WAR does more to encourage it than almost any MMO I have played. The key is to get into a decently active guild though. That's always the key.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Every MMO will suffer a dip after the first month, that's why its called a trial period.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Like I said War is already dieing our server have prolly lost 20% people already. Now lets see what happens on nov the 13 :) Talk about bad luck first jumping to Age Of Conan and what garbage that was then decided to jump to War and now it seems to be dieing already :(

shrug.....

Lubbock

Fledgling Freddie
All is good on Burlok, but guess we are all doomed, better start digging my fallout shelter :(

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
1) People think that you need WoW amount of subscriptions to "survive" as a MMO now.

2) People have claimed WoW was dying pretty much since launch. So doom and gloom is common place.

3) We have no idea whether the game is "dying" because we don't know subscription numbers and thus only can go by anecdotal evidence akin to "I used to see 35 people around me, now I only see 20".

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Firstly, 20% less? how the hell do you know?
The free month+week has just ended, some won't renew until they fix some obvious flaws in the game anyway, happens with all MMO's.
People divide their time up more, in the first month there is more of a rush to get 40/high rr etc, as time moves on you will see people taking their time with stuff, not logging on as much. People may have booked time off work in the free month to play as well. You will have people changing server to join the BW zerg like what happened on KEP, some will change due to finding out old friends are on different servers.
Theres loads and loads of factors that go into population drop, no need for a Doom thread.

Frozenheart

Fledgling Freddie
imo if numbers are dwindling .. more for me to kill! otherwise it's silly to start a thread on pure speculation ..

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
1) People think that you need WoW amount of subscriptions to "survive" as a MMO now.

Aye - very true.

Just because WoW paved the way to ultimate popularity success does not mean a mmo can survive with a lot less.

Iorlas

Fledgling Freddie
Judging from the frequent use of that emote i can only guess you are a wanker ... oh wait your posting history says it already :kissit:

Yea sorry Gahn was a reaction taken out on you at the wrong time in the wrong place and the wrong person,for the wrong reasons.
Though some of your posts are equally as bad as mine:p

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
hey, i think it has a lot to do with when people buy a game, the first few weeks they will play every day for mulitiple hours and after a few weeks, they will not play every day anymore, oh, and people have spread out a bit across the different servers.

i don`t perceive anything that worries me.

Toel

Loyal Freddie
Bullshiet. Sure, WAR's lost a few subscribers since release, big f'kin deal. It's NOT dYing. And 20%? Oh please..

partyanimal

Fledgling Freddie
actually, some ppl wait to read a review in a magazine or an opinion from players after they played for a couple of months especially after the aoc farse.

the biggest pc games magazine in my country, which runs a 400-500 members guild in wow, gave 92% to warhammer in the november edition and there is a big reroll.
they have given 75% to aoc.
most ppl were tired of farming sets over and over and they found orvr and keep raids/ defence fun.

but really want to see wow players disenchanting their sets as they become relics with the new expansion.

griralith

Fledgling Freddie
ireally love the game atm, but im concerned for the long terms for this game.....
theres to much repetitive stuff in war... scenarios is the main way for ppl to lvl, so most are doing nothing but that.

alot of ppl dont even bother to do pq's anymore and so..... war needs some changes thats for sure.
But to me it just seems like Mythic have followed the latest trends in game making, everything have to be doable by all and must not take more than 5 mins to complete... ohh and it cannot be hard either....

I think the announced expansion will be the deciding point for many.

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
Funny enough I found a Tome entry called 'Portents of Doom' - its Tier 1 Empire versus Chaos....

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
i am not particularly happy with the state of WAR, this is to be expected though as it has just been released, when the patch and blackguard arrive i might resub them and see if it is more playable for me.

:m00:

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
scenarios is the main way for ppl to lvl, so most are doing nothing but that.

I guess you mean the fastest way to level rather than the main way, but many people actually enjoy exploring the game world, seeing different encounters and the story of the PQs and other quests not to mention hunting down those tome unlocks. It's only repetitive if you make it that way (with the exception of the same scenario always popping up which doesn't seem to be entirely due to the way people queue).

I'm trying to level up to 40 before I give birth in 5 weeks time so that in the little bits of playtime I do get afterwards I can focus more on rvr but I'm certainly not gonna sit in a warcamp doing scenarios in order to do that or else I'd be missing out on most of the game world, it seems like a odd way to go about it to me since doing that people don't really seem to be getting value for money as they only play one tiny part of the game. Bit like going to Disney land and riding the biggest rollercoaster all day.

Soazak

Part of the furniture

2) People have claimed WoW was dying pretty much since launch. So doom and gloom is common place.

3) We have no idea whether the game is "dying" because we don't know subscription numbers and thus only can go by anecdotal evidence akin to "I used to see 35 people around me, now I only see 20".

:iagree:

The games been out just over a month, there are already more players than daoc ever had, to suggest its dieing is insane.

In any industry people will always try out free trials and decide it's not for them, this is nothing new and certainly not new to MMOs. People will always try out competitors also, I'm sure plenty of people will try WOTLK, but most that left wow to begin with will probably see themselves leaving again, it's the same game, the same bull shit grind, the same class problems, the same mindless developers. No amount of world pvp will make that game interesting to people who enjoyed daoc/uo and the likes.

WoW appeals to the 'new' mmo generation who like things handed to them, WAR does a little also, but they are also trying to capture the same audience as daoc so thats why I'm sticking around.

Let me know how the end of the world works out for ya on November 13th. But tbh there seem to be an awful lot of people on these forums that hate the game yet stick around anyway.

Ahlgard

Loyal Freddie
But tbh there seem to be an awful lot of people on these forums that hate the game yet stick around anyway.

The people who seem to hate the game and likes to whine about every little detail are often the ones with most played time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom