War is already dieing

gohan

FH is my second home
problem is thiers no reason to group

in old skool daoc you went into a dungeon grouped with a bunch of randoms an sat thier chatting for 3-4 hours while leveling was really community driven

here even tho we came as a guild with ventrillo and forums ect you can only really group for scenarios

as with any quest based game you take a night off and every1 has done the quests your on and your inelligible or the quests thier on and then thats it... off you go to solo PQ's and quest and wait for a scenario to acctaully be able to group with your mates, + tor anroc is the biggest pile of wank ever and that seems to be the only scenario that pops up in tier 3

so having got 2 chars to 22 (clearly the level i get bored and fustrated at)

and having had the most fun at level 1-10 in norden watch on both cahrs + 2-3 other little chars like lvl 8 5 and 3

not renewing as if i did i would reroll a new toon every night for nordenwatch and thats kinnda make its pointless

griralith

Fledgling Freddie
I guess you mean the fastest way to level rather than the main way, but many people actually enjoy exploring the game world, seeing different encounters and the story of the PQs and other quests not to mention hunting down those tome unlocks. It's only repetitive if you make it that way (with the exception of the same scenario always popping up which doesn't seem to be entirely due to the way people queue).

I'm trying to level up to 40 before I give birth in 5 weeks time so that in the little bits of playtime I do get afterwards I can focus more on rvr but I'm certainly not gonna sit in a warcamp doing scenarios in order to do that or else I'd be missing out on most of the game world, it seems like a odd way to go about it to me since doing that people don't really seem to be getting value for money as they only play one tiny part of the game. Bit like going to Disney land and riding the biggest rollercoaster all day.

im not English so my language skills arent flawless :) but yes i meant fastest... I love spending hours running around finding stuff, i just rarely meet anyone else.

there have been good orvr in praag and that have really been refreshing.... but the scenarios are getting dull for me, since last patch i cant do serpents without crashing before the round is over.... all other i can do for hours without a problem...

GReaper

Part of the furniture
I'm sure every MMORPG has a huge rush of players for the first month, followed by plenty of people who don't bother to subscribe because they don't enjoy the game enough. I didn't bother playing after the first month in WoW - but plenty of other people did. It's not the end of the world because a few people don't like the game!

I'd be more concerned about what happens after 3 months, how stable the population is at that point and if new people are still coming to the game.

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
im not English so my language skills arent flawless :) but yes i meant fastest... I love spending hours running around finding stuff, i just rarely meet anyone else.

Apologies, I didn't mean to imply criticism. I have also found recently that I rarely run into other people, quite often myself and my husband are busy trying to duo PQs (which usually results in failure). I think the balance of xp for scenarios is a little wrong as making it the fastest way to level does seem to make much of the pve content seem pointless. I don't think you need both the xp rewards in the scenario and the bonuses for the quests as well but its clearly something thats difficult to balance when they want rvr to be a viable way to level up from 1 to 40.

Definitely some adjusting to be done to encourage more variety in playstyles while levelling.

Toel

Loyal Freddie
problem is thiers no reason to group

in old skool daoc you went into a dungeon grouped with a bunch of randoms an sat thier chatting for 3-4 hours while leveling was really community driven

Aye, that one is definately on my top ten miss-list. Vendo pugs ftw :(

WaveZtream

Fledgling Freddie
:iagree:

The games been out just over a month, there are already more players than daoc ever had, to suggest its dieing is insane.

In any industry people will always try out free trials and decide it's not for them, this is nothing new and certainly not new to MMOs. People will always try out competitors also, I'm sure plenty of people will try WOTLK, but most that left wow to begin with will probably see themselves leaving again, it's the same game, the same bull shit grind, the same class problems, the same mindless developers. No amount of world pvp will make that game interesting to people who enjoyed daoc/uo and the likes.

WoW appeals to the 'new' mmo generation who like things handed to them, WAR does a little also, but they are also trying to capture the same audience as daoc so thats why I'm sticking around.

Let me know how the end of the world works out for ya on November 13th. But tbh there seem to be an awful lot of people on these forums that hate the game yet stick around anyway.

Hate? don't put words in peoples mouths.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Hate? don't put words in peoples mouths.

He didn't. In fact he was quite specific in the generality of the comment and never directed it at any one person.

There are people here who genuinely hate Warhammer Online and aren't shy about voicing it.

HerculesPluto

Fledgling Freddie

The games been out just over a month, there are already more players than daoc ever had, to suggest its dieing is insane.

In any industry people will always try out free trials and decide it's not for them, this is nothing new and certainly not new to MMOs. People will always try out competitors also, I'm sure plenty of people will try WOTLK, but most that left wow to begin with will probably see themselves leaving again, it's the same game, the same bull shit grind, the same class problems, the same mindless developers. No amount of world pvp will make that game interesting to people who enjoyed daoc/uo and the likes.

WoW appeals to the 'new' mmo generation who like things handed to them, WAR does a little also, but they are also trying to capture the same audience as daoc so thats why I'm sticking around.

Let me know how the end of the world works out for ya on November 13th. But tbh there seem to be an awful lot of people on these forums that hate the game yet stick around anyway.

good post and dam, daoc at its peak on excalibur was huge imo hehe the outlaw/zoyster zergs crashed servers sometimes! :D

Boggy

Fledgling Freddie

Well said.

Anyway, the MMO market is bigger now (thanks to WoW and a stronger online culture in general). Was a time when MMOs were in trouble if they didn't have a large proportion of that market, but now a smaller proportion could probably keep a game alive and well for ages.

Look at City of Heroes. They've got nothing but a tiny blip of market share, but they not only keep running, they do regular content and game updates.

Games that fail are fatally flawed "not fun once novelty wears off" games. I can't believe WAR is one. There's too much good about it and the RvR still has the potential (with some changes) to be amazing.

lpep

Can't get enough of FH
the game needs time to mature.. sure i miss daoc and would love to see the population on excal like it is on kep,but have had plenty of fun in war with old friends and new,in time i think it will become as fun as daoc..................i think we are a long ways off needing doom and gloom threads about the game...

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
the game needs time to mature.. sure i miss daoc and would love to see the population on excal like it is on kep,but have had plenty of fun in war with old friends and new,in time i think it will become as fun as daoc..................i think we are a long ways off needing doom and gloom threads about the game...

It's far too early to start doomcalling etc. Suspect those who do is kiddos who tend to think alil more shortsighted than adults. Game is a month old, sure it need work but I have faith in Mythic, they did create DAoC after all. Give em credit for that at least.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Think I read somewhere that daoc didn't hit its peak of subscribers till about a year after launch....

WoW hasn't yet hit its peak ;)

Pretty sure WAR's not on the decline quite yet...

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Think I read somewhere that daoc didn't hit its peak of subscribers till about a year after launch....

WoW hasn't yet hit its peak ;)

Pretty sure WAR's not on the decline quite yet...

I think also people have forgotten that a lot of the busy servers were mirrored to stop the long queues and the QQ that came with it....now the queues have gone, everyone is QQing because the servers are not full as there are no queues anymore...;)

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Badger pooh and sparrow seman

Oldleaf

Fledgling Freddie
They started with to many servers, dont count the free 30 days but what is left when ppl have to pay montly. Yes many servers has queue's at start, but creating more servers to mirror was a bad idea, looks like Mythic didnt learn from the classic servers on daoc when they came out, they created Ector and it was abandoned in a couple of weeks.

Public quest were nice in tier1, a good idea from Mythic but they dont work as intended, now the only option is to do them solo because low server population.

Same for scenario's, there a 3 each tier but only in raven tier1 and mourkain temple in tier2 are populair, rest is abandoned.

Game is only a few months old and now allready not working as intended.

Borand

Fledgling Freddie
There has definitely been a dropoff in numbers of people playing over the last few weeks, but I don't think it's nearly as bad as some are making it out to be. I've only noticed that instead of getting into Tor Anroc within say, 30 seconds of queuing about a month ago, it's now taking around two or three times as long on average. Obviously though this is mainly down to people's free month ending, and people moving onto tier four. You can get a feel of the numbers playing WAR by checking Xfire's numbers, but that's only going to monitor maybe 2-3% of the people actually playing at the moment.

Link: Xfire WAR Stats

Loneliness

Loyal Freddie
Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning, an MMO from EA’s Mythic Entertainment studio, sold 1.2 million copies in the quarter – with over 800 thousand current players.

I saw one of those 800 thousand (current!) players in a 5 hour period this morning :( , he hit me and transformed into a chicken so i hit him back for 1197 dmg (3591 mitigated) then i felt quite alone.

Ganethis

Fledgling Freddie
war's problem is lack of socail interaction it realy ruins the point of a MMO.

i agree with this, sure there are things that needs corrected but it will come with time like any other MMO then they add and fix stuff along the road with patches, what really drags down the game for me is the lack of people and those that are are just farming scenarios like bg's in wow. tis sad really

rynnor

Rockhound
I think we will too eventually - I remember Magnus mentioned this before the server clonings.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
i`m not playing war anymore !!

untill they start shipping those damn resub cards to belgium, my sub ran out and `stuff` made me convinced never to use a CC for ANY online purpose anymore.

Mas

One of Freddy's beloved
i`m not playing war anymore !!

untill they start shipping those damn resub cards to belgium, my sub ran out and `stuff` made me convinced never to use a CC for ANY online purpose anymore.

Thought id not seen you online for a few days...

civy

One of Freddy's beloved

It's far too early to start doomcalling etc. Suspect those who do is kiddos who tend to think alil more shortsighted than adults. Game is a month old, sure it need work but I have faith in Mythic, they did create DAoC after all. Give em credit for that at least.

They also made TOA and NF ;) jk

Soazak

Part of the furniture
They also made TOA and NF ;) jk

I actually think they made daoc awsome by accident, they were very pre occupied with the whole seige warfare thing, like they are in WAR. Good 8v8 and open rvr probably wasn't what they intended.

On the f13 forums Mark Jacobs imo has shown he knows very little about what makes a good game and what the players actually want.

civy

One of Freddy's beloved
I actually think they made daoc awsome by accident, they were very pre occupied with the whole seige warfare thing, like they are in WAR. Good 8v8 and open rvr probably wasn't what they intended.

On the f13 forums Mark Jacobs imo has shown he knows very little about what makes a good game and what the players actually want.

I agree. They got lucky with DAoC. It's only when they tried to improve it they messed it up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom