WAR Failures

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Could be mate, strangely enough perfomance last night was so hideous I logged off in disgust. Abilities not firing on button pres target out of range the whole lot.

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
How could mythic of got things so wrong this time... makes baby jebus cry.

thinking back i thing Requiel(Iain) got out in time......

:m00:

`mongoose

One of Freddy's beloved
I think he did too

Last night we saw the return of all our favourite issues...

Being killed by players who hadn't even loaded onto screen yet - whoop whoop!

Subscription over in august, not being renewed at present... I'm hoping for a holy grail patch but I'm expecting to be disappointed

M

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
What decisions and design flaws made WAR fail?

#1: Only 2 realms. impossible to balance. 3 or 5 would been much better as they would balance out themselves. People always gather up to fight the larger force.

#2: To much focus on the campaign that in the end didn't give any good rewards.

#3: To small RvR zones.

#4: Almost no immunity system against CC

Can add:
  • Range on some melee is plain stupid
  • Range on Melee CC is also stupid
  • Endgame is seriously flawed and bloody boring!
  • LAAAAAG
  • Zone Locks take way too long reduce keeps to less than 1 hour for domination.
  • Give renown for PQ's/Champ Mobs, why even have PVE if cant get access to top level gear from doing it. By doing serious amounts of PVE you just gimp yourself by having low Realm Rank in RvR. Agreed it should give abilities but not gear and abilities tied to just RvR. DAOC got it right, PVE to get the Gear.
cba to think of more.

Aion is looking better and better.....

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
Sub expires in 3 days, and despite the fact i've spent most of my time in DAoC pl'ing a friend, i've actually had more quality RvR in the 15 minutes of DAoC RvR i've done than in the 9 months of WAR RvR....

They took a successful, profitable forumla from DAoC, lovingly tweaked it and tenderly nurtured it, then threw it out the window and chucked in the current WAR pvp system which had been shat out by a lobotomised monkey.

Key for me tbh is having the feeling of making a difference in whatever setting you are in. I just didnt get that from WAR due to the lack of ranged long-term duration CC, the AoE disable spam and lack of RA's and tactical options to use mid-fight. DAoC PvP has so much more depth and feels so much more win-lose based on YOUR actions rather than the class you have or whether your zerg is bigger.

Having reviewed the studio mergers (Bioware/Mythic) too, i
think we'll see further internal restructuring to move resources away from WAR - they must know it's not going to be a big money maker from them, so therefore i cant see EA continuing to throw money at it.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
I have stopped playing as well, no incentive to log in anymore.
I might check back in a few months but Idk, just it shouldn't be a chore logging in, and there was hardly any actual fun to be had.

Apart from killing Binary ofc :)

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
[*]Zone Locks take way too long reduce keeps to less than 1 hour for domination.
[*]Give renown for PQ's/Champ Mobs, why even have PVE if cant get access to top level gear from doing it. By doing serious amounts of PVE you just gimp yourself by having low Realm Rank in RvR. Agreed it should give abilities but not gear and abilities tied to just RvR. DAOC got it right, PVE to get the Gear.
[/LIST]cba to think of more.

Aion is looking better and better.....

All of these are bad ideas mate. Zone lock takes no time at all, waiting for domination is just lazy, there is already a massiev culture of people doing fuck all in WAR sitting in war camps afk with a 15% renown bonus banner up.

It's a disgrace. People should be made to work for the renown. If you aint fighting you get nothing, start punishing people by not rewarding them fo doing nothing.

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
I have stopped playing as well, no incentive to log in anymore.
I might check back in a few months but Idk, just it shouldn't be a chore logging in, and there was hardly any actual fun to be had.

Apart from killing Binary ofc :)

/Grumble. Damn OP Squig herders :worthy:

Seems that Hunters have been buffed considerably now in DAoC btw.

wessexcrusader

Fledgling Freddie
The problem has been is that warhammer has pqs and lairs at all levels, But the kind of player generally doing mmos now is the person who wants to grind to death to reach max level and stuff anything in between and miss out in all that , its basically grind to the max

All sparked off from wow, where the main actual play is at the end .

Tbh that and the fact warhammer should have had another realm like lizardmen or skaven or bretonians or mercenaries or even the land of the dead realm or vampire lords (which both hate destruction and order)

Also the end game seiging is nothing like the video clip but like a pq and a small point to show a clip where a shadow warrior has 2 swords but this is not allowed to use that at all in game is silly

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
if your grinding mobs to level in WoW your doing it wrong. questing is the only way to level at a decent pace there. or it was anyway, patch that hit today introduced pvp leveling.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
It's a disgrace. People should be made to work for the renown. If you aint fighting you get nothing, start punishing people by not rewarding them fo doing nothing.

kinda fun to take a low lvl to T4 and run in the rvr zone when it locks tho. instant RR pl'ing :p

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
I've been keeping tabs on WAR since unsubsribing. Primarily I'm waiting to see if they redress the Magus issues but also checking out the plethora of bugs that infest WAR.

Last weekend there were game-breakers in the Forts preventing city sieges, amongst other things.

This weekend people are getting hamstrung on stage 2 by PQ bugs and cannot progress. In particular the BW college seems to be the primary source of concern with people getting 1-shotted and the Cubes being unattackable. We've been reporting the unattackable cube issue for month after month after month and in the revamped city sieges it would appear to still not have been addressed.

Not seeing any reasons yet why Mythic should ever receive money from me again.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
resubbed today just because i could and there seems to be a fuckload of city sieges now. aldor was down to 2 stars and IC was at 3....

dunno if thats because noone cares anymore or because theres multiple sieges a day ppl cant keep up leveling it back up again..

but it sure did seem fucking depressive.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
if your grinding mobs to level in WoW your doing it wrong. questing is the only way to level at a decent pace there. or it was anyway, patch that hit today introduced pvp leveling.

in WoW you grind quests ;)

Aqe

One of Freddy's beloved
WoW = lvl 1 to 80 in 6 Days /played.

Then you do some BGs and get PvP gear and then start doing Arena :)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
WoW = lvl 1 to 80 in 6 Days /played.

Then you do some BGs and get PvP gear and then start doing Arena :)

that slow to get to 80? :) do BG's. i've done 51 - 56 in 4 hours doing nothing but AV.

ofc u need to WIN to get that good xp but as my druid is alliance and AV is the only BG they are good at, were winning alot :)

but if we get all the horde towers while managing to keep ours, kill their captain and defending ours, we get about 30% xp per win. and each AV last about 20 minutes at worst while averaging around 15 minutes. so thats about a level every 3.5 AV's.

Kuldiin

Fledgling Freddie

Forget leveling via PVP.

You cant do it till ten, and then the BGs are seriously overflowing with twinked out characters (big thanks to Blizzard and their Bind on Account twink items).

I tried leveling a PVP-Healer in WoW, but just couldnt do it, I spent 99% of my time waiting to resurrect as the other players were all pew pew characters. I have a level 80 (with 790 resilience) but the game is just stun/stun/stun/stun dead still, even with trinkets.

Dont play WoW for PVP, you will be bored within weeks.

svartalf

Can't get enough of FH
I have a level 80 (with 790 resilience) but the game is just stun/stun/stun/stun dead still, even with trinkets.

I quit WoW before they raised the level cap above 60, but I thought the best thinig about WoW was how there was minimal CC. To hear that they've implemented it in this way really is ironic, since this was the one key part of the game they got RIGHT! Idiots!

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
I quit WoW before they raised the level cap above 60, but I thought the best thinig about WoW was how there was minimal CC. To hear that they've implemented it in this way really is ironic, since this was the one key part of the game they got RIGHT! Idiots!

actually, CC was way worse in vanilla WoW then it is now. sure theres more CC spells now, but the majority of them are on the same deminishing return timer.

in vanilla WoW you could have a rogue permanentally stun anything from full HP untill it died. or a druid root nuke you to death before you could even start to melee it, or a warlock perma fear you to death...

now they cant do that.

first CC will do full duration = 10 sec, next 5 and the last 2.5. if you trinket out of the first 10 seconds they only have 7.5 left.

tho rogues cant stun anyone for 17.5 seconds. they dont have a 10 second stun to begin with... but roots, fear and stuff will..

Aqe

One of Freddy's beloved
CC win Arena matches. But it isnt anything that you can spam.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
I heard about the WAR pruchase packs today. Way to devalue the gameplay experience.

Basically it looks like EA have reviewed WAR, decided its a turd and will always be so, and are chancing their arm to see if they can get any money out of players before the remaining playerbase implodes completely.

svartalf

Can't get enough of FH
I heard about the WAR pruchase packs today. Way to devalue the gameplay experience.

Basically it looks like EA have reviewed WAR, decided its a turd and will always be so, and are chancing their arm to see if they can get any money out of players before the remaining playerbase implodes completely.

I agree, though it seems to have a very loyal core following. The game isn't bad at all, but lacks in many areas... partly because they've had to change a lot of the mechanics because of lag issues and partly because they've not had the resources to do something about them, I would surmise.

It's a real shame, there's a lot of potential, but they'd need to pump a lot of resources into the game and judging by the new pay-to-win stuff they just don't want to. At this stage, I think it's in a similar state to City of Heroes.

Interestingly, if it could survive a couple of years, I'd say that a big revamp and some adverts could get WAR competing with the likes of GW2 and SWTOR. Laugh all you will, but I did say "big".

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
At this stage, I think it's in a similar state to City of Heroes.

No, CoH is nowhere near the same level of "suck" as WAR is.

you probably could compare WAR to Champions Online tho.

/edit: ok war isnt actually "sucking" it just have the same issues as CO does, to little content and not enough advancement in the patches.

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
My first thought was, skaven for Order, wtf. My second thought was WTF are they stupid?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom