[QUESTION] war-europe.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiawhyn

Fledgling Freddie
The site seems down. I assume that is because the register is online and a gazilion people try to register ? :D

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
The site seems down. I assume that is because the register is online and a gazilion people try to register ? :D

Don't know why it is down for you - but no.
Account center is (of course) not online. And site is up for me.

Vell

Fledgling Freddie
It's up for me, just the auth servers not working.

Tiawhyn

Fledgling Freddie
Strange. I tried IE, Mozilla and google Chrome but none can load the site for me. Ah well I'll try again tonight. Doesn't matter anyway if the account centre still isn't working :p

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
no problems opening the site with IE, FF och Chrome, tho auth aint up yet

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Small gripe, I do wish whoever does their web translations from French into English would learn the difference between momentarily and temporarily.

Momentarily means it would be down for a moment, leading users to reasonably expect to come back within an hour or two and find it up. What they mean is temporarily, it's down but it will be back up at some point. Seen this pretty much everytime part of the site is down for scheduled maintenance.

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
really wish they would get that damn authing up tho, gonna be so zerged once it get up
and people that get keys from like the latest place now

it say

1. Get the game client...
Please download all 7 files (8.5GB) from the Fileplay WAR European Open Beta category.
2. Then register your account...
First, access the Warhammer Europe account management page.
Here you can use your BETA key to setup a Warhammer account.
Then log in to the game from the 7th September 2008 and begin your adventure.

bit hard for them to access that page!

Yazzoo

Fledgling Freddie
Open Beta.....it's not for noobs. Seriously though, I think GOA is cutting it too fine now for it to be intentional.

I wonder how the drama will end...:ninja:.

titch

Fledgling Freddie
It really mystifies me why there are any last second issues. GOA is a company experiences in running mmorgs, they have the structure, staff, experience, links, the lot before they even took Warhammer onboard.

Mystic appears to have got things running happily, and i assume we are all playing the same game ?

I know I am not experinced in servers etc at all, but surely if you have it working on one set of servers, cant you just mirror it across ???????

Morphus1

Fledgling Freddie
This sux soooooo bad U.S get a 2nd preview weekend +?. I Sooo wish they would hurry up and let us collectors edition players log on!! I'm throthing at the mouth hear.
sites up for me but no auth page.

Reiken

Fledgling Freddie
I know I am not experinced in servers etc at all, but surely if you have it working on one set of servers, cant you just mirror it across ???????

Even if the hardware was 'technically' identical there would still be differences and at this level, those differences could very well mean dysfunction, maybe even breakdowns down the line. They must tweak the whole thing to suit their particular servers.

Further more... GOA has to deal with 5 languages or something.. I dont know if Mythic is doing spanish servers in NA (they should), but this is really a big thing in EU.

Morphus1

Fledgling Freddie
or..........
it could be a big dramatic opening "nibbles finger nails"

Guyton

Fledgling Freddie
what worries me is that by leaving so late to register there is going to be one hell of a rush which the servers can't cope with and crash.
I can remember when SI was released and sitting in front of the PC at 2:30am hitting refresh like a mad loon until I got in

Reiken

Fledgling Freddie
what worries me is that by leaving so late to register there is going to be one hell of a rush which the servers can't cope with and crash.
I can remember when SI was released and sitting in front of the PC at 2:30am hitting refresh like a mad loon until I got in

Yeah, they already have traffic on their website for more than there are open beta keys out there.
Or atleast that was the story yesterday.. I dont know how the extra 50k keys will effect that or if it was taken into account.

killfest

Fledgling Freddie
errrmmm has anyone tried launching the game today? instead of the logon box i now get an odd error message.. "the patch client was unable to retrieve the file [patcher-goa.prod.sig] please try again in a short while"

it begins???

Aada

Part of the furniture
errrmmm has anyone tried launching the game today? instead of the logon box i now get an odd error message.. "the patch client was unable to retrieve the file [patcher-goa.prod.sig] please try again in a short while"

it begins???

Nothing begins without the Account Centre.

Just got home from work and i cannot believe it isn't up yet.

Tiawhyn

Fledgling Freddie
Weird at home it works for me (the page that is not the login :p) Maybe my boss is on to me ;) .

God yeah I remember the SI launch lol, it was a challenge to even validate your key let alone get in the game :)

R

Rapacious

Ditto.

Yazzoo

Fledgling Freddie
The account sytem is going up before Sunday. Just hold on for bit longer :)

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber

I'm sure that GOA have invested considerably in the hardware for this, so hopefully this won't happen *crosses fingers*

Lang

Fledgling Freddie
People really care to much when theres threads after threads on not being allowed to enter a code 2weeks before the open beta event starts, my estimation would suggest we need 25sec. to do this task. (I got annoyed after reading war.alliance). I mean, people should be worried about servers not coping with launch rush...not open beta enter a code rush, I find hole subject quite laughable. End of rant. :p

Chey

Fledgling Freddie
well considering how many thousands of open beta keys they have issued, there sure is gonna be a hell of a lot of pressure on the system when all the peope all suddenly realise that they can now enter their codes.

Aada

Part of the furniture
People really care to much when theres threads after threads on not being allowed to enter a code 2weeks before the open beta event starts, my estimation would suggest we need 25sec. to do this task. (I got annoyed after reading war.alliance). I mean, people should be worried about servers not coping with launch rush...not open beta enter a code rush, I find hole subject quite laughable. End of rant. :p

I will say this once more.

If you cannot enter your codes because

1. They are Invalid ie misprinted

2. The servers crash when a massive amount of people try to enter their keys.

Then you will not be playing simple as that.

The servers not coping with the launch rush is the next phase.

Scorba

Fledgling Freddie
When the MMORPG market is based on appealing to obsessives, it's not really suprising that people care. If I was GOA, I'd be delighted with all these 'why can't I get my fix now?' posts. Of course I'd be considerably more concerned if all these junkies turn into slavering, furious maniacs if their American bretheren are let through into Nirvana whilst they are stuck on a broken or overloaded GOA registration page.

Of course that won't happen! <touches a nearby forest>

Cybwyn

Fledgling Freddie
It'll all be fine and my CE pre-order codes will work perfectly.

If they don't, I'll take a dump in the DVD box and fire it back to play.com.

;)

Dudds

Fledgling Freddie
If we've been signed up since forever do we have to make a new account or can you just use the existing one? I'm a tad confused :(

rynnor

Rockhound
If we've been signed up since forever do we have to make a new account or can you just use the existing one? I'm a tad confused :(

Signed up a long time ago for WAR? That account should work - hope you remember the password :)

arknor

Fledgling Freddie
personally i think they should wait not given out any free keys until monday, let the pre order customers get in and settled first

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom