[QUESTION] war-europe.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiniguw

Fledgling Freddie
Now I can acces the registration. But then it comes to "Please copy the characters in the image.", but the image isn't working, so can't write anything there :S Anyone else having this problem?

edit: ah, just noticed more people got the same :p

Same here ;:(

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
Final load testing approx two weeks from release is ok, load can be simulated with testing software easily...just remember you're beta testing it, not playing it for real !

This larger scale open beta factors in the human quotient nothing more

Had they done like many people suggested and as Mythic themselves did, they could have stress tested the account center weeks ago with real life human people creating accounts, and then only today worry about problems with the game servers. Load testing software is not adequate for such testing.

But because of poor planning they will have to deal with both problems for the account center and the possible problems with game servers basically at once. And seeing as these servers haven't been stressed like the US have with their PW and expansion of CB, you can be all but sure GOA will face problems here as well.

As I said - from any software testing perspective - GOA have brought this on themselves, and GOA alone, despite their expressed high levels of confidence and reassurance that their site would hold up without problems.
Everybody knew this would happen, leaving it to the last second is silly, plainly. And that is what many people complain about, not the fact that this is still beta and site is down, people expected that - but the immense arrogance in the face of logic from GOA.

Mythic knew better. Us posters knew better. GOA must have as well, but decided to ignore it.

arknor

Fledgling Freddie
and? you realise they have gave out almost as many 'free' keys as there are CE editions printed?
i have a feeling the site is going to get hammered to much and theres going to be alot of people unable to load the page or the server will just timeout :X

especially when they are leaving it so late, if theres any problems they arent leaving themselfs much time to sort them out or much time for possible congestion on the site to die down.

USA open beta starts in 20hours 50minutes i assume ours starts then to
and to think i got flamed for saying that, seems i was right :england:

btw that was in response to someone having a go at me when i suggested they should let the paying customers get registred before they give out free keys.

im sure the site would be alot better off without the 100k or so people who are just leeching the beta and probably have no intention of buying the game hammering away at F5

dogmanstar

Fledgling Freddie
Had they done like many people suggested and as Mythic themselves did, they could have stress tested the account center weeks ago with real life human people creating accounts, and then only today worry about problems with the game servers. Load testing software is not adequate for such testing.

But because of poor planning they will have to deal with both problems for the account center and the possible problems with game servers basically at once. And seeing as these servers haven't been stressed like the US have with their PW and expansion of CB, you can be all but sure GOA will face problems here as well.

As I said - from any software testing perspective - GOA have brought this on themselves, and GOA alone, despite their expressed high levels of confidence and reassurance that their site would hold up without problems.
Everybody knew this would happen, leaving it to the last second is silly, plainly. And that is what many people complain about, not the fact that this is still beta and site is down, people expected that - but the immense arrogance in the face of logic from GOA.

Mythic knew better. Us posters knew better. GOA must have as well, but decided to ignore it.

Bang on the money. Its poor project management. It would make interesting reading if the person(s) behind this would post the thoughts behind their decision making.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom