Vigilance Recruiting is open......

T

Tyka

Originally posted by kongo
Well, my thoughts of this is that most peeps who have a fall-out with their guilds or wants to join a rvr-guild r those who wants everything on a silver-plate and cant be arsed to take any initiatives of their own to change the situation in their guild...

I don't know who you're, but what you said here is so true, I've had the same thing that people apply to join us just to get groups easier and such, silly.

V

Vantros

its a viscious circle tbh, peepes dont get all the RvR in a guild and so instead of trying to help out and fix it they go to another guild.. so that guilds hopes of constant self sufficient RvR fall in ruins..

O

oblivion_6

hmmm naw i cant be arsed pointing out the obvious

{edit} ack i can be bothered :p

right this type of thread is the kind that really pisses me off, clearly your guild needs people for some reason or another or else you wouldnt risk postin here on flame city

So why put so many restrictions on ur recruitment that many will view your guild as a l33test bunch of arseholes who only care about a persons stripes and fuck all else?

from first impressions i would not enjoy being in this guild as it seems to me that should i start to not be "l33test" i would be removed from the guild quickly as you dont appear to view people as names and personalities but rather by class and rvr effectiveness

But then again youll still get the odd wanker scrounger whos decided that by joining you he will forward him self on in the game (the new end game result so it seems by all the selfishness I see on here every day) but then again why would you want someone who joins you not to help your guild but to forward themselves on?

its interesting how many people leave guilds and go to these RVR guilds, but in a way its nice coz you filter out all the arseholes from guilds who couldnt care less about saying hello and having a good laff in game.

/salute

D

diabien_hib

So why put so many restrictions on ur recruitment that many will view your guild as a l33test bunch of arseholes who only care about a persons stripes and fuck all else?

Too much to want people who play rvr, but are nice guys at the same time? :)

E

Event

Well, my thoughts of this is that most peeps who have a fall-out with their guilds or wants to join a rvr-guild r those who wants everything on a silver-plate and cant be arsed to take any initiatives of their own to change the situation in their guild...

How the fuck would you know what peoples personal situation is within a guild and their reasons for moving guilds? Easy to sit in your ivory tower of ignorance not knowing the efforts peeps have made but have reached an impasse in their gameplay!

Originally posted by Vantros
its a viscious circle tbh, peepes dont get all the RvR in a guild and so instead of trying to help out and fix it they go to another guild.. so that guilds hopes of constant self sufficient RvR fall in ruins..

Stef - Dunno how you can post this tbh m8 after all the discussions me and matt have had with you - if you think I never made any kind of effort for the guild or agonised over my decision then u must be going senile. I cannot be held accountable for everything that is right or wrong in the game. I made a decision that i felt was right for me without any deliberate insult to anyone.

Originally posted by oblivion_6
its interesting how many people leave guilds and go to these RVR guilds, but in a way its nice coz you filter out all the arseholes from guilds who couldnt care less about saying hello and having a good laff in game.

Now I get on well with u oblim but this post implies that you think Im an asshole. Thats your choice ofc but you have no idea of my contribution to my previous guild or the reasons as to why I moved. Leaving the only guild I have ever run with on exc was very tough as I had many friends there who naturally felt betrayed or saddened by me leaving. However I pay my subs and the alternative was leaving the game.

This is a recruitment thread - whatever outsiders think of Vig is your business but assuming Vig is a bunch of hardnosed L33tists is so far from the mark that it is best that you all refrain from judgement coz u dont see Vig judging your guilds do you? We are actually decent peeps who grp randoms often, help out realm with keep takes and other raids etc. Plz give us a chance b4 condemning out of hand. :)

K

kongo

Well Event... if u had taken the time to read the whole post i made(wasnt that long and boring) u would have discovered that i did say that im belongin to a great guild and that my opinions are based on that :)

But we have lost peeps to rvr guild that we took the time to help level and equip... Good thing is that its rarely any of the good peeps who leaves, mostly the ones who wants everyhing served and ready...

And about being loyal to guild etc... does that mean u should have all your alts in vigilance too or can you have alts in other guilds?

E

Event

I just wanted a change tbh - wtf is wrong with that? - this is a game afterall and I dont see how leaving a guild you contributed as much to as u recieved can be viewed as a slap in the face to anyone especially if you never had any grievances with the members.

I have never had anything given to me on a plate in this game coz my 1st two chars were bard and then chanter on 2nd acct - nuff said.

There must be sooo many peeps who have moved guild - i know you are not saying they are all disloyal assholes but if you are not then whats your point?

All my alts are in Vig.

Vigilance is an rvr guild not a bunch of egotistical l33tists - I wud be very surprised if anyone has had any bad dealings with us as a guild. We are here to have fun like you all, not to become the latest BW whipping boys.

tbh butt out :D

S

shadybrack

u sound like me xD

Originally posted by VodkaFairy
pdc4life 11!11!1!111!1!!!!!!!
:p

:clap: the brain washing worked!

S

shadybrack

not flaming etc etc but

Originally posted by diabien_hib

4 - If you hold bad grudges against other hib guilds - dont apply (circumstances considered)

does that mean u can hold a grudge against vigilance and still join but u can't hold one against other guilds? :p

diabien don't u go blaming me either!

T

Tyka

Rvr guilds are so boring tbh, no offense but I'd never be in one.

P

PJS

Originally posted by diabien_hib
Too much to want people who play rvr, but are nice guys at the same time? :)

Personality traits of nice people are more attuned to PvE/casual RvR than hardcore RvR in my experience, ie. "Nice guys finish last"

S

spankya

Diab u forgot a rule ffs :(

Rule 9: After joining, j00 must plvl Spankya's chars to 50

kthx

D

diabien_hib

Closed again, thanks to all the people who applied :)

A

angrysquirrel

who cares what you all say.

welcome new members imo :)

even the ebay ones:)

S

Saphie

Originally posted by oblivion_6
hmmm naw i cant be arsed pointing out the obvious

{edit} ack i can be bothered :p

I bet that hurt :)

O

old.Kerosene

Event: I like to post flames on Barryswhine just to wind people up
Cet: But it's a discussion forums, meant for discussion
Event: Nah, BW is a joke

Not actual words but the jist of our conversation is there.

Anyway, yeah. What Oblivian said. RvR guilds do serve a very good purpose when they are taking keeps and doing RvR but such 1337'ist rules aren't clever.

In fact.. I'm gonna change my siggy now I think..

F

finbahr

Originally posted by Event
This is a recruitment thread - personal thoughts about anything else are totally irrelevant to this thread.

kthx

ROFL and when has that stopped whine on any BW forum

S

spankya

Awwwwww stop picking on Event! :fluffle:

Event is my bitch so I can abuse him as much as I like though :D

E

Event

Originally posted by old.Kerosene
Event: I like to post flames on Barryswhine just to wind people up
Cet: But it's a discussion forums, meant for discussion
Event: Nah, BW is a joke

No idea what ure getting at m8 - I dont see any flaming being done by me in this thread at all. I aint even been defending rules or prerequisites or anything like that. My point is that not all peeps who choose to move guilds are assholes who want everything on a plate. Peeps have their own reasons etc.

O

oblivion_6

i wub event hes one of me fav scot playrs :)

i think the assholes i was mentioning wasnt 100% of the guild but its fair u will attract a few more than normal guild recrutis

E

Event

Aww obli - ure a big man, ure a big big man by the way ya dobbah !!! :p

E

Event

i was referring to the size of yer guts m8 not yer maggot :p

O

oblivion_6

i was just taking the opportunity to throw in a "Maw" joke

E

Event

I was thinking about this today and tbh I feel that the opposite is true when it comes to random rvr groups.

Some peeps who join random rvr groups are the ones who expect everything on a plate - u taxi them to emain and they wait for the rpts. If the group is wiped in the 1st run they often flame someone in the group and then leave the group without saying a word - usually flame the bard who they easily forget is 100% commited to the grp, rarely gets to hit any enemies or to get spam and basically wipes their ass for them from DL until death. Then the group sits at DL again trying to get reps and usually another couple leave meanwhile and grp falls apart. This doesnt just apply to random groups but to non-rvr guilds also.

Im not having a pop at anyone or any guild just pointing out that in a more rvr orientated guild this wouldnt happen as peeps are much more willing to dust themselves off and have another go. If a peep prefers rvr then I see no shame in forming or joining a more rvr willing bunch of peeps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom