Views on abortion

Is abortion wrong

• Total voters

Ezteq

Queen of OT
just the two options there?

what about extenuating circumstances, like i mean if someone is using is as a form of birth control (i.e. cba taking the pill or using condoms and just uses the NHS to clean up their mistakes, and I don't just mean the one, there are gals out there who have several. I don't think you can even compare it to someone having one because if they were to have a baby it would kill them, or if they got pregnant via a rape.

Its a big old grey area and tbh I'm not touching it with a barge pole attached to someone elses hand tbh.

Laddey

FH is my second home
Yeah, maybe shit optiosn o nthe poll.

I was speaking to somebody who said abortion is totally wrong and i thought you cock. If somebody who has a bf and is under 16, on the pull but gets caught out (possible).

Say if megan was to get pregnant, i would prefer her to get an abortion due to the fact i can hardly look after myself, i dont have a job i live with my mum etc.

Laddey

FH is my second home
So your gf is under 16 and you got caught out?
I mean like, if two people under the age of 16 are having sex, and she gets pregnant although she's on the pill!

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Abortion should be an option but I think that to overuse it would be a bad thing.

I think the policies regarding its use are far more relevent than the procedure itself.

I hate the idea that there might be people who have abortions because they dont want to use contraceptives or something, but I also hate the idea of a child being born with severe disabilities, dysfunctional parents and no hope of a decent life - its just not fair on the child, in either case.

Its a difficult one because on the one hand it needs to be the parents choice, but on the other hand it needs to be regulated incase the parents are irresponsible. selfish or just plain malicious in thier choices. Religious implications need to be factored in too of course.

Like I said, the policies regarding its use are far more important that the procedure itself.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Do it you feel it's right for you.

In my opinion kids ain't worth much to the world before they can talk, wlak and wipe their own arse so :lol:

megadave

I am a FH squatter
I doubt there are many women who get abortions as a sort of contraceptive. It's hardly a nice procedure, even at the earliest stages you pretty much shit and bleed out half your insides and it's far from pleasant ;)

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Babies have no souls (if there is such a thing as a "soul"?) Even so, they are not self aware. That makes it as much right as it is to kill any baby for whatever reason there is. Eggs for food purpouse etc.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Newborns / babies have no souls (if there is such a thing as a "soul"?) Even so, they are not self aware. That makes it as much right as it is to kill any baby for whatever reason there is. Eggs for food purpouse etc.

you want to eat a human fetus? (how is that spelt? cant be arsed to google it :p )

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
you want to eat a human fetus? (how is that spelt? cant be arsed to google it :p )

Was just a comparison. There is no such thing as right or wrong. (Made a ninja edit after you quoted me, mwahah) Some animals probably don't mind eating humans/babies/fetuses/whatever. Is it wrong for it to eat a human? Is a "human life" worth more than any other life etc? Therefor i see nothing wrong with abortion.

Ps. Couldn't be arsed to include a long discussion in my argument, but feel free to flame it, and i will see if i can counter it!

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
If you cannot decisively prove there is a soul, how can you then say a baby has no soul?

Corran

Part of the furniture
If you cannot decisively prove there is a soul, how can you then say a baby has no soul?

if you cant prove there is a soul, how can you say a baby has one?

(using your kind of arguement there is always pointless. You can not argue a lack of proof for one side to try enforce the other side of the arguement where there is also a lack of proof)

fettoken

I am a FH squatter

By deductive reasoning.

edit: Still, we eat the unborn of other races w/o knowing if there is such a thing as "soul" or "individuality". Does that not make some people hypocrits? But i guess that is not relevant here.

Dukat

Resident Freddy
I doubt there are many women who get abortions as a sort of contraceptive. It's hardly a nice procedure, even at the earliest stages you pretty much shit and bleed out half your insides and it's far from pleasant ;)

True - but you hear stories of people how've had multiple abortions, so I would imagine it does happen, however rarely.

It was mainly just an example of an extreme to try to illustrate a point more than anything :)

Ezteq

Queen of OT
...actually i used to work with a girl who'd had 2 or 3 and used to tell me about it (I told her to shut up in the end i mean who wants to know about that??) because she couldn't take the pill as it made her fat and her bf wouldn't wear condoms.

also i was reading a magazine about this woman who'd had 7 abortions because she just didn't feel ready to become a mother (dur, hello, stop bonking without a safety net then??) and how she was so distraught that none of the men stayed with her afterwards.

it does happen

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
i choose that abortion is wrong for obvious reasons

olololololololololololololololololol

Amanita

Part of the furniture
I believe in a woman's right to choose.

Its not an option that I would personally take.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
they are not self aware

What anti-abortionists (not my view) latch on to is life, not self-awareness, ie the foetus (for want of a better term) is alive, and terminating it is akin to murder.

soze

I am a FH squatter
I think it should be legal but where possible the father should get a say. Except rape ect, but just because a woman does not want a child the father should still have a say. He should be able to "force" the woman to carry the baby to term and then take the baby away. May not be a popular view but seeing my mates heart get broken when his girlfriend killed the baby even though he would have looked after it.

Jeremiah

Fledgling Freddie
I don't believe there is a clear cut answer. I think there are a few examples which would make it impossible to hold an absolute view.

Like rape... its circumstances forced upon a person. Yes you can have a baby and then give it up for adoption, but I'm pretty sure that in itself carries emotional distress and turmoil.

I think cases of deformities is the real issue you can't get away with. If a child has been diagnosed with a severe condition where it will have no quality of life (for example, only having a couple of days life expectancy) or if giving birth will endanger the life of the mother, then I cannot see how anyone could argue against it.

I'd probably say that these are the only situations I would support it, even then it would be a last option. Anywhere else, I'd be against it.

adoNix

Can't get enough of FH
No, not wrong, if you cant afford it/cant have it of other reasons its not wrong, if you chose to have it when you cant really take care of it you screwed up imo.

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Yes and no, what i dont like about it is that some use it as a way of pervention instead of using the pill or condom

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Logically, if abortion is murder. Then every wasted sperm is murder as well (whic i believe some cultures think). Anti-abortionists are such f*cking hypocrits, bastards and righteous arrogants non self-aware fools!! Fools i say... !! (Yes, i went to sleep 21.00 for no obvious reason)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom