• Make a video board and move everything there

Votes: 45 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatload BoysDoCry

Can't get enough of FH
Seen many video's from the US servers on here such as SB's and the famous Scout video with the banana phone song. Strange that it suddenly became an issue as the UK servers population started to drop.

Mastade

Fledgling Freddie
this poll should have been made on the "other servers" board, please remove it mods!

:m00:

Davejohnson

Banned
you people do realize that even if one is currently playing another server, you still want to show your work to the players from your original server, not only because you are proud of it, but also because you appriciate their oppinions.

traktorlove

Banned
Davejohnson said:
you people do realize that even if one is currently playing another server, you still want to show your work to the players from your original server, not only because you are proud of it, but also because you appriciate their oppinions.
yearight, fcking epeen flx3r;(

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
Silly to move them elsewhere

If anything a well made vid with nice action encourages absent people to play the game again

Player made vids have argueably been better promotional tools for this game than GoA has.

liloe

It's my birthday today!
I like the idea of a seperate video forum, like they have on the German boards, cause then you can get a nice overview about what is in there, like [8v8], [PvE], [1v1, stealth] etc. etc.

Also the vids don't get lost so fast cause of new threads being made and if you look for something specific, it might be easier to find then =)

If there is no new forum made, then just post them all here. It never was a problem to do this, so why should it be now =) There have always been whines about videos, so that's nothing new with the vids from other servers =)

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
Vodkafairy said:
walking issues 2 is on google video, only host atm. might make torrents for the vids but download speed will be crap since it'll only be me seeding prolly :p

You can upload it to my server if you like
you still have the FTP account details yeah?

brad

Fledgling Freddie
Red HATred said:
most video footage is created using a "non - game spirited" way of playing.
That footage is of no use to get ppl banned but they stir trouble and frustration. Only ppl that care for videos are ppl that are making them themselves. Solo purpose of videos is e-peen enlarging. Not to show how the game is beeing played....
So bann teh fokers that post em :)

lol

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
Castus said:
Well seeing as our servers not 'good enough' for these leet boys to grace us with their presence i don`t see why our forum should be good enough to warrant posting their vids on.VF and his cronies gave up their use of this forum the day they soldout their realmmates on Hib to go pastures greener on Avalon...

However if we got forums for templates, gratz threads and the deceased i don`t see any harm in a Vid forum.

Has nothing to do with the server not beeing good enough, its just lacks proper amount of action. Which in the end leads to a lack of proper opposition.

FH is a great way of reaching the community and those actully interested in watching these perticular movies. And the maker can get feedback, thats why we use the forum right? I bet you dont click every singel new thread here on this forum, if you dont want to see the movie or read about it, dont click that specific post. Im quite sure you didnt write that post in the aspect of it looking bad in anyway.

I think most people are just afraid of what actully might happend if the people stil playing excal start liking the movies and move the that specific server. Well I dont see why there should be any automatical intermediate taboo about how a server is. Even thou this aint the message of the movies, it might be indirectly to the viewer.

playing UK cluster dosent give you any more legit reason to post here then us not playing there.

GReaper

Part of the furniture
For many people who no longer play on Excalibur/Prydwen this forum is the main English speaking RvR related discussion forum for Euro players, regardless of what server they now play.

Just like those who don't play DAoC still post to the Off Topic forum, people will continue to post here.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
if it's a glastonbury RvR video wouldn't it belong on the glastonbury forums?

There never was an "other servers" section before, there is now.. hence discusison of stuff on the other servers (such as the stuff videoed by people) should go on over there.

Or are people now allergic to the new board that they were demanding for months?

You'll note you don't get to post WoW PVP videos on here either... or videos of your battlefield 2142 games... why should videos of another server be any more appropriate for Excalibur/Prydwen RvR?

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
GReaper said:
For many people who no longer play on Excalibur/Prydwen this forum is the main English speaking RvR related discussion forum for Euro players, regardless of what server they now play.

Just like those who don't play DAoC still post to the Off Topic forum, people will continue to post here.

The Off topic forum is exactly that - off topic.

Likewise there's an "Other servers" forum for stuff relating to other servers... maybe what you should request is a "RvR discussions" forum for the other servers? or for all servers?

Davejohnson

Banned
its not really that hard fimblgolbin, im sure you can understand if you try really hard -

the rvr discussion have always been the place for drama and epeen discussions, all the way from barrysworld (just compare average views per thread with the daoc general forum f.e), thus it is the most natural place for the "look here" threads, in which movies are a part of.

pjuppe

Fledgling Freddie
Red HATred said:
That footage is of no use to get ppl banned but they stir trouble and frustration. Only ppl that care for videos are ppl that are making them themselves. Solo purpose of videos is e-peen enlarging. Not to show how the game is beeing played....

idiot

Dreami

Fledgling Freddie
Threads are only allowed if proper roleplaying is detected :(

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Red HATred said:

Blatant flamebating!

If it were anybody else, theyd be banned :(

kirennia

Part of the furniture
I can't help but read down the last page of rvr discussions and notice what has become of both the community and the type of discussions which take place.

Video threads were something which used to be regarded as a light hearted 'extra' for people to show others what they do in game and how their playstyle, no matter what it is, makes them have fun in the game. Through no fault of the moderators or even the games progression in itself, even issues such as these are no longer an extra in the fun of the game; just being source of further flamebait. :(

Discussions like these 'shouldn't' be needed looking at the bigger picture of things. Why people are annoyed at others posting these is beyond me and even more so, why people are still actively trying to greive people, purely because of the way they play...

The majority of the population (apparent here) seems to be joining in either to join one end of an argument or another for every single topic. Only the flame threads have any large amount of posts in them which although I can understand peoples need for putting their point across, the necessity of putting others down or trying to get people to play by their rules has become way over the top.

No longer are there any actual decent discussions which don't result in flame wars purely because people have lost sight of the best part of an mmorpg. Diversity in the community.

I'd been making a large collection of decent material to try and make a heretic (semi-roleplaying) point of view video but I just can't be bothered anymore. What's the point if all it's gonna result in is either people joining the bandwagon flaming those who left the server (even though my heretic is from dyvet) and others saying 'hmm not bad but you should do x/y/z' , 1minute 13.5seconds in 'you made an error, haha fool!' or 'you left the server therefore you're nothing! FO!'.....

Don't care if it sounds cliché but why can't we all just live and let live; stop the pettiness which has grown on these forums and in-game, stop coming here just to greive others and please don't stop the few threads which actually have potential to be a source of nice discussion about the game and peoples enjoyment of it...

daoc_xianghua

Fledgling Freddie
Manisch Depressiv said:
Like I said in other post in here somewhere, makes me sad to see good FG videos on here with former groups from Dyvet that went to somewhere else while I am still playing on Dyvet and noticing how the server is going down the hill in certain areas.

I know, poor excuse for voting No, cause I'll get sad anyway when I find the videos in the other forum, but just a bit later :O.

how about moving to another server yourself if the situation on cluster makes you so sad?
why stick to something that died long time ago?

daoc_xianghua

Fledgling Freddie
Red HATred said:

lolpostoftheyear?

and it just started :(

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
daoc_xianghua said:
how about moving to another server yourself if the situation on cluster makes you so sad?
why stick to something that died long time ago?

I tried.

Have a Bard and Vamp on Lacenlot, both level 45 and ML3. Some former Dyvet players and friends play there but I'd also like to know some of mine enemies there and the ML/Artifact raids are a bit too deep in the night for me cause I share a one room appartment with my girl friend.

Have also a level 39 Bard on Avalon and a /level Druid and Chanter and the longer the situation stays like this on Dyvet, the more likely I'll move to there for good.

I can still solo okay, but I am not interested in siege fights.

Sollers

Fledgling Freddie
Good lord, I can't believe how anal people can be :(

RvR videos from any server have always been appreciated on the RvR discussion forums. Some may be just fun to watch, others may actually teach people stuff. Why on earth then would it matter what server it is from?

Splitting up the RvR section is taking the piss really. Sure, the gratzthreads flooded the place, but that is hardly the case for movie threads. Maybe we should make seperate sections for those that like AC raids and those who don't, and then continue to subdivide supporters of AC raids into AC raiders which really are nice blokes irl and those who are not. Then when you really got the crack-modding underway you could even split the latter categories into who pays for his account himself or whose mum still pays for it. (This last AC raid supporter, but nice guys irl, whose mum pays for their account will be a very popular section I reckon, so that may just need splitting)

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
RVRvids are made for entertainment nomatter where they are recorded, I think this whole discussion is completely ridicilous and it seems some people just are beeing silly about it.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Shike said:
RVRvids are made for entertainment nomatter where they are recorded, I think this whole discussion is completely ridicilous and it seems some people just are beeing silly about it.

by that rationale we should be posting our funniest links from youtube... off topic videos go to the off topic board... why not move other servers videos to the other servers board?

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
by that rationale we should be posting our funniest links from youtube... off topic videos go to the off topic board... why not move other servers videos to the other servers board?

why change something only 9% has a problem with?

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Flimgoblin said:

dont be silly Flim.

People usually havent posted such links? For years people have posted RVRvids they have made here in this forumsection and all of a sudden you decide to be silly about it and refer to some offtopicvids that people even havent posted here. Thats just a stupid reason you picked out of the air. Be a bigger guy here and just listen to what people actually want, the majority of the visitors of this very section that is.

As I said, I found this whole discussion ridicilous and I still do, perhaps even more after you posted your reasoning around this. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom