• Make a video board and move everything there

Votes: 45 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Should they be allowed on this board even if the video is from another server then exc/pryd cluster?

For some reason it suddenly became a problem for moderators, which in my opinion is just pure bullshit. There have been countless of videos posted from other servers in the past which seemed to be fine (like vids from house of ahm, praxix and team wizzy), but now threads are being moved at random.

Poll is open for 14 days so it won't be bumped up after etc.

Urgluf

Part of the furniture
Agreed, Posting them on RvR discussions is ok.. but maybe a video section is not a bad idea? but RvR section is semi dead anyway :x

Barun

Loyal Freddie
Mods are just useless here been said 1000 times they get bored so they just to stuff cause they can, the new board they move threads too hardly anyone reads,

Its all RvR vids, and since this part of the daoc forums is most active its the best place for RvR vids in the rvr section who cares if its from another server!

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Vodkafairy said:
Should they be allowed on this board even if the video is from another server then exc/pryd cluster?

For some reason it suddenly became a problem for moderators, which in my opinion is just pure bullshit. There have been countless of videos posted from other servers in the past which seemed to be fine (like vids from house of ahm, praxix and team wizzy), but now threads are being moved at random.

Like I said in other post in here somewhere, makes me sad to see good FG videos on here with former groups from Dyvet that went to somewhere else while I am still playing on Dyvet and noticing how the server is going down the hill in certain areas.

I know, poor excuse for voting No, cause I'll get sad anyway when I find the videos in the other forum, but just a bit later :O.

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:

One of the only funny things to read about on the RvR section nowdays are the different movies, I dont care what server they are from, as long as they are entertaining...

/Charmangle

cmr

Banned
beats posts about how albion alarm clocked the relics again

plus its actually of intrest and has actual discussions on

Septina

Part of the furniture
charmangle said:
One of the only funny things to read about on the RvR section nowdays are the different movies, I dont care what server they are from, as long as they are entertaining...

/Charmangle

Amen to that.

Red HATred

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:

most video footage is created using a "non - game spirited" way of playing.
That footage is of no use to get ppl banned but they stir trouble and frustration. Only ppl that care for videos are ppl that are making them themselves. Solo purpose of videos is e-peen enlarging. Not to show how the game is beeing played....
So bann teh fokers that post em :)

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Red HATred said:
That footage is of no use to get ppl banned but they stir trouble and frustration. Only ppl that care for videos are ppl that are making them themselves. Solo purpose of videos is e-peen enlarging. Not to show how the game is beeing played....

You ever watched a great support-pov movie?

It's very helpful in showing to us less experianced players how to play that particular class.

So you're comment isn't actually true ;)

Kinag

Part of the furniture
Red HATred said:

Biggest piece of crap I've read in a long time.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
I voted for a sperate thread for videos :D

Off topic ... can someone give a live link to a host for the 1st 2 walking issues videos and the Kippie PuG vid if such a thing still exists ?:)

Pertan

Can't get enough of FH
well this board clearlky says excal/prydwen so it should only have vids from this cluster or it would be against the forum structure :D
a vid from avaollon belongs in other server boards qhukw vids from this cluster belong on this rvr descussion :!!

kivik

Part of the furniture
Red HATred said:
Solo purpose of videos is e-peen enlarging. Not to show how the game is beeing played....

Wrong on both, dear PvE prince (wtf)

They are made for entertainment.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Red HATred said:

You are really coming across as a mindless retard tbh ...

Solo purpose of videos is to show that a character played with +skill can take down other classes fairly (aka without 10 other fools behind him to back him up standing at a keep slope with guard aggro ready should it ever look like a fair fight) and sometimes even duo's/Trios ... But then again ... You would never have experienced that :wanker:

uron

Loyal Freddie
Red HATred said:

u have no idea.
jus frm ur sig its pretty obvious u like pve, so why bother commenting on a topic u know less about?
wat are u on about with ur "non-game spirited" way of playing, tht mean u dont zerg everything in sight, add and be a general pain?

Raimo

One of Freddy's beloved
Red HATred said:
lol, and that coimg from a PvE king xD

and on topic now:
There should be a movie forum,but then again I don't mind if they are posted here.

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Punishment said:
I voted for a sperate thread for videos :D

Off topic ... can someone give a live link to a host for the 1st 2 walking issues videos and the Kippie PuG vid if such a thing still exists ?:)

walking issues 2 is on google video, only host atm. might make torrents for the vids but download speed will be crap since it'll only be me seeding prolly :p

Enli

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:

problem lies more in the fact that a lot of avalon/use servers is posted in excal/pryd board and tbh it's pissing me off aswell (esp cause it aint constructive discussion but then agin it's fh)
people left the server and left it to almost die, so why keep trolling here?

not fair that a good movie can't be posted w/o problems but then again the movie-thread will become one of the hated threads all too soon
so maybe a better solution is a diff board or a lock on the movie thread so it serves its purpose of sharing and not potential flame-war stuff

censi

Can't get enough of FH
quite comical really what the mods think are good ideas to make to forums better....

Vids are such a cool thing, and u get the odd humm dinger that u keep and watch again and stuff. They totally belong on the RVR forum.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Can't say im that interested in other servers video's at all really, but i've always found rvr videos rather boring. I prefer the story type ones myself, its something different you don't see every night in-game at least.

However I don't see the harm in them being posted either for those that do like them.

Pertan

Can't get enough of FH
Pertan said:
well this board clearlky says excal/prydwen so it should only have vids from this cluster or it would be against the forum structure :D
a vid from avaollon belongs in other server boards qhukw vids from this cluster belong on this rvr descussion :!!
I wish to apologise to everyone for this post, it is never a good idea to sit down by the pc to check FH while drunk.

And while im here i may add that my non-drunk opinion is that it shouldnt matter if you post a rvr vid from some other server here, and honestly even a vid from this server doesnt really have anything to do with the rvr on it, its just some people fighting eachother :D My point there is if excal/pryd clust vids are allowed here so should all other vids

Tilda

I think its fine for videos to be posted here, and personally am not moving any. However, if someone posts what is quite obviously a propaganda video saying effectivley "come play avalon" or something, then I'd consider moving it, but its a fine line to draw.

Solari

Can't get enough of FH
Personally I'd prefer them moved to the other server section.

This part of the forum is the Excalibur & Prydwen section - If it's not related to that cluster, it's irrelevant.

Castus

Can't get enough of FH
Well seeing as our servers not 'good enough' for these leet boys to grace us with their presence i don`t see why our forum should be good enough to warrant posting their vids on.VF and his cronies gave up their use of this forum the day they soldout their realmmates on Hib to go pastures greener on Avalon...

However if we got forums for templates, gratz threads and the deceased i don`t see any harm in a Vid forum.

Wazkyr

One of Freddy's beloved
well best option imo would be a video board. Thou looking at it took them like 6 months to cluster excal/pryd forums i think it would be easier just to let ppl post all the videos they want. As long as its daoc i cant see the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom