Version 1.75 delayed

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
carrot said:
Realy thats interesting since when has the euro server set up been different to the US one.

It was stated when the game opened in the US that the euro version of the game including the hardware would be Identical and this claim was repeated several times by goa and was one reason myself and many others held of playing the US version for the Euro one.

so
when did this change
and
why

I suspect it changed when they 'upgraded the servers' and I further suspect the 'better' set up was infact 'cheeper'.

Mythic servers are open for business, if your not happy here - make the switch

If you believe the Mythic code is identicle to the euro code then i bet you'll be mistaken

pet.spammer

Fledgling Freddie
LOL @ tilda doing his normal apologist for GoA routine.

You are seriously trying to suggest GoA service is better than Mythic. LOL.

What planet are you on.

Get some clue dude.

Uber

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
pet.spammer if it's really that much better over the pond why ain't you there? and if you are why are you posting all this waffle on these boards?

I'm under the impression the daoc that GOA get is an internationalised version (as opposed to the standard one-language version) which they translate certain files for - if the main code is buggered then it's buggered.

The crash bug showed up in testing a while ago and appeared to be fixed - my guess is it wasn't fixed for some configuration of client system? (which didn't show up till final tests this week?)

Yeah they shouldn't have said on friday "thursday it is!" but more of a "we think it's thursday" but it's probably better being caught now than tomorrow evening when you're trying to play and crashing constantly.

As for service I've really not noticed either of them being particularly terrible. I've not had to use appeal or rightnow very often though. One thing I have noticed is that the american servers patch a lot more - much more hot fixes, more downtime after patches. Partly to do with timezones (mythic patch in the morning-afternoon like GOA just Mythic's afternoon happens to be my primetime) this is much more intrusive.

Catacombs beta I'd be lucky to play during the week as pendragon would be down 7pm->10pm most nights. (that's a test server of course so you'd not expect more than 2 or 3 patches like that on live servers in the fortnight following a new verison.. ToA being the exception - patch 1.66 went on forever and ever ;))

Saggy

Can't get enough of FH
Zebolt said:
I want to repair my tartaros ffs! It sucks to play with a broken one :(
If repairing Traldor's Oracle at 94% condition costs 671g I wonder how much repairing Tartaros at 70% con and 0% dur costs :D

Haggus

Can't get enough of FH
omfgm8sleikwtfisgoingonamagaditsnotouttillanotherweekwtfarewegoingtodo!?!?!?!??!!?

pet.spammer/Uber - whoever you are. Stfu man... you obveously know more than the mods and GM's so quit whineing cos you'll obveously win this argument so whats the point? hmm?. Tbh I'd like to see you do there job better and i'm sure it would be greater than your job atm. I'm sure there doing what they can wiether it be sitting on there arses all day and drinking tea or actually working on it, to fix the problem.

Imo it was a bit stupid to say it will be out then! but no ones perfect. Just going to bring more zergin to this realm anyway....

Docs

Fledgling Freddie
Samaroon EatsCheese said:
aint arti repair in 1.76? ;)
Dont worry, 1.76 will probably come our way in a year or two.
Heck, Im inclined to believe that they actually make it within a year.
I might be out on a ledge here, but I still think they will make it within a year.

Farbaute2

Fledgling Freddie
Saggy said:
If repairing Traldor's Oracle at 94% condition costs 671g I wonder how much repairing Tartaros at 70% con and 0% dur costs :D

671g / 6 -> 1% = 100 gold circa. then 160-200% is 20p or something like that.

Zede

Part of the furniture
im happy :)

roadie still needs 300% mlxp, scarloc needs 200%, im off on hols 1st august, so hoping cluster will come in just as get back :)

thanks frenchies ( for the olympics too)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
pet.spammer said:
LOL @ tilda doing his normal apologist for GoA routine.

You are seriously trying to suggest GoA service is better than Mythic. LOL.

What planet are you on.

Get some clue dude.

Uber

then get the fuck over to Mythic's servers then if they are so nice and cuddly, and stop pestering theese boards....

and he NEVER said that GOA's service is better they Mythic's. he said the SERVERS were!!

geez, you ARE clueless.

Tuppe

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
The crash bug showed up in testing a while ago and appeared to be fixed - my guess is it wasn't fixed for some configuration of client system? (which didn't show up till final tests this week?)

think we on pryd are fine whit this, nothing new comparing all those crit errors we got in rvr :)

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
Achilles said:
Its all because we won the Olympic bid! stfu to anyone who is French or that way inclined;p

Lmao i reckon thats true, i remember when the servers just HAPPENED to go down when we beat the French in that Rudgy final that time, or was it some other sport lol. :D

Still, agree with Tilda, id rather have a bugless fixedversion and wait a bit then have some crap issues with it all. And besides it gives me more time to get to 40 for my MLs b4 the next rush's start hehe

Stunned

Fledgling Freddie
Such great weather outside , you should try go outside some.

Honza

Fledgling Freddie
Damn damn damn, I NEEEED stackable inners...
I have to craft few MPs in next few days :-(

Hmm, well it's quite interesting that bug of such importance was not detected sooner... OFC, it might have been detected, but GOA might have been promised to get working patch for that bug so everything would be ok for today... Well, shit happens. Better well working version later than crappy version now and more patchings and downtimes.

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
What´s wrong with delaying a patch that´s still buggy? You guys prefer to play a buggy version, crash, lose xp, rp, items and then get a boner from flaming GoA some more on the boards?
Geez... I`m tired of all the complaining no-lifers who don´t know the first thing about software developement and live in cloud cockoo land, pretending to be "in the know".

pet.spammer

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
pet.spammer if it's really that much better over the pond why ain't you there? and if you are why are you posting all this waffle on these boards?

I'm under the impression the daoc that GOA get is an internationalised version (as opposed to the standard one-language version) which they translate certain files for - if the main code is buggered then it's buggered.

Yeah they shouldn't have said on friday "thursday it is!" but more of a "we think it's thursday" but it's probably better being caught now than tomorrow evening when you're trying to play and crashing constantly.

As for service I've really not noticed either of them being particularly terrible. I've not had to use appeal or rightnow very often though. One thing I have noticed is that the american servers patch a lot more - much more hot fixes, more downtime after patches. Partly to do with timezones (mythic patch in the morning-afternoon like GOA just Mythic's afternoon happens to be my primetime) this is much more intrusive.

Catacombs beta I'd be lucky to play during the week as pendragon would be down 7pm->10pm most nights. (that's a test server of course so you'd not expect more than 2 or 3 patches like that on live servers in the fortnight following a new verison.. ToA being the exception - patch 1.66 went on forever and ever ;))

No point you being offensive I am merely stating fact as I see it. You may be privy to insider information the rest of us are not. To deal with your points.

1. If the playerbase was given the option to move their chars to USA you think we'd be on this board having this discusssion ?

2. As I already said in my original post USA have been running this patch and dont have the problem, excal and pryd do not require translation (forgot colour/color etc)so that is not a valid excuse. Saying its down to mythic at the 11th hour is just bullshit.

3. If you played the game you would realise there is no /appeal system only a crappy email based support system which is of zero use if you have an immediate problem that requires help (buggered encounter, griefing, ML probs etc). And you probably also never experienced the months and months of lag either but hey we all know that wasn't GoA fault either ?

I agree the bug needs fixing but its just another example of sheer incompatance. Every single expansion and major patch has NEVER came in when promised. All this and they take the equivelent cash, EU > USA player base now. You would think after 3 years of chain fuck ups and fiasoc's they would have learnt from it ?

Uber

elisera

Fledgling Freddie
How many times do people have to say that code changes need to be made before the US version can go live on the EU servers before you start listening? They are not talking about language translation, and if the bugs are so bad that it keeps crashing out all the time then personally I would rather wait until Mythic sort them out.

Tilda

pet.spammer said:
No point you being offensive I am merely stating fact as I see it. You may be privy to insider information the rest of us are not. To deal with your points.

1. If the playerbase was given the option to move their chars to USA you think we'd be on this board having this discusssion ?

Yes, some people dont want to play with yanks. personally, i'd stay here and let the whiners like you move to the us.

pet.spammer said:
2. As I already said in my original post USA have been running this patch and dont have the problem, excal and pryd do not require translation (forgot colour/color etc)so that is not a valid excuse. Saying its down to mythic at the 11th hour is just bullshit.

As I said in my post, which you have conveniently ignored, a large proportion of the work is adapting the server programs to the EU server step. Translation is only a small part of preparing a patch to go live on the EU servers.

pet.spammer said:
3. If you played the game you would realise there is no /appeal system only a crappy email based support system which is of zero use if you have an immediate problem that requires help (buggered encounter, griefing, ML probs etc). And you probably also never experienced the months and months of lag either but hey we all know that wasn't GoA fault either ?

If you played the game, you'd realise two things:
Firstly, that most Rightnows (not sent in by email btw) sent during working hours, recieve a reply within an hour. Those that are not sent during working times are seen to when the GMs are next online.
Secondly, in the US, sure there is /appeal, however, you have to stay in game for your appeal to stay in the queue, i've often heard of people appealing a problem and waiting, 6, 7 even 8 hours to hear a reply.
tbh, if theres a big issue, i'd rather RN it and be able to log off and do something else, rather than have to fuck around in game waiting.
Finally, there are these things called E&E on the EU servers, not that I expect you to have a clue about them. Perhaps next time you require immediate in game support, try contacting one of them, a GM can often be summoned provided its not 2am or at the weekends.

Your ignorance about the "months" of lag is astounding, I really cba to type out a nice explanation about how the lag was OT's fault not goa's. However, suffice to say, you're totally wrong. Get a clue.

pet.spammer said:
I agree the bug needs fixing but its just another example of sheer incompatance. Every single expansion and major patch has NEVER came in when promised. All this and they take the equivelent cash, EU > USA player base now. You would think after 3 years of chain fuck ups and fiasoc's they would have learnt from it ?

Uber

GoA have never given precist patch dates in the past, exactly because, they get this sort of flame when they delay it. However, once they do announce a date, it is followed, this is the only incedent where they've pushed the date back after giving a specific day.

You'd have thought after 3 years of goa doing the best they can, whining cnuts like yourself would have realise that acctually goa arn't that bad.

:wanker:

Tilda

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
pet.spammer said:

Uber

1. I'm sure someone would.

2. There _are_ code differences (as has been pointed out in the past by GMs not that you seem to believe them). My guess is the european version is an internationalised version (I expect it's the same one they farm out to the japanese and korean servers if they have any sense) not the stock one-language version.

3. Did you actually read my reply? in particular the bit that said "I've not had to use appeal or rightnow very often though". When I've used RightNow I've had a reply within a day or two, my wife uses it a bit more and rarely has a problem.

I've experienced 1 weeks worth of lag caused by network configuration at GOA side recently (just after patch 1.70 I think it was) and a few weeks of nasty 10s hitches thanks to an Opentransit router...

I suppose I could whine about GOA when my milk doesn't get delivered if I wanted but it wouldn't really change who's at fault or get me my milk any faster.

"Every single expansion and major patch has NEVER came in when promised."

There's been a few, though I'm sure you'll choose which patches are "major" to fit your argument if we try and compare notes. Oh and we pay less than the yanks.

pomalllka

Fledgling Freddie
How much to you mods get paid by GoA or comped accounts ?

Gis-a-job!

Pom

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
pomalllka said:
How much to you mods get paid by GoA or comped accounts ?

Gis-a-job!

Pom

fuck all unfortunately, though it's a bit sad if you think anyone who disagrees with you has been paid off :p

Thorwyn

FH is my second home

No, but comparing international versions still doesn´t make sense.

International release dates need to be more or less simultaneously. Besides the technical reasons, it´s also a marketing decision and probably fixed via contracts. Just like you UK guys can´t watch a movie earlier than the rest of Europe because it doesn´t require translation.

Dunno what world you live in, but for the measy 12 Euros/month, you CANNOT expect a 24/7 ingame support system. If you can set up a system like that, then you´re an economical genius and deserve a nobel prize.
Lag is a different story, it took longer than expected to sort it out because it wasn´t in GoA´s direct influence.

I agree the bug needs fixing but its just another example of sheer incompatance. Every single expansion and major patch has NEVER came in when promised.

Beside the fact that it makes you look rather silly when you´re consequently misspelling incompetence, this attitude is exactly the kind of ignorance and incomeptence I´m talking about. You haven´t got a clue about software developement. If you would, you´d just stfu, sit back and be thankful that it´s not your ass that´s responsible for the problems. Bugs are unavoidable, they´re always there. Bugffee software is a common myth, spread by incompetent muppets who managed to set up a LAN system once and are now considering themselves IT professionals.

All this and they take the equivelent cash, EU > USA player base now. You would think after 3 years of chain fuck ups and fiasoc's they would have learnt from it ?

What fiascos? What fuck ups?
So far (and compared to many... MANY other games), the patchdays in DAOC have always been remarkably smooth.

You can now call me a GoA fanboy, I do´nt give a flying fuck. If you read my other posts abouit GoA, you might find that I`m criticizing them a lot more than I`m supporting them. Still, I give them credits when credits are due and I think I´ve got a pretty good idea of the work they´re doing. The QQing and the retarded flames coming from the bunch of so-called customers here is just ridiculous.

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
The reason everyone gets so hacked off is because something along these lines seems to happen at every single patch day. I do remember a couple of patches going smoothly but these are far outweighed by things going wrong. And of course the things going wrong are more likely to happen on the larger and more eagerly awaited patches.

If the customer base has learned that things nearly always go wrong then GOA must surely also realise that posting news saying testing is finished is probably not a good idea, and leads to this kind of mass disappointment in the player base which further undermines the confidence of their customers.

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
If the customer base has learned that things nearly always go wrong then GOA must surely also realise that posting news saying testing is finished is probably not a good idea, and leads to this kind of mass disappointment in the player base which further undermines the confidence of their customers.

That´s very true though.

Ssera

Fledgling Freddie
Javai said:

but surely then people would flame, whine and cry just as much beacause GOA is witholding information? It's a lose/lose situation for them... I'm not surprised they come here less and less often.

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Ssera said:
but surely then people would flame, whine and cry just as much beacause GOA is witholding information? It's a lose/lose situation for them... I'm not surprised they come here less and less often.

Actually I for one get more bothered by inaccurate information than no information. And the post could have read 'We are doing final tests on 1.75' rather than saying

'Version 1.75 ready to be installed
We finished testing 1.75 and the release is planned for Thursday the 7th of July. As usual for releases of new patches, the servers will go offline in the morning around 9 :30 and they'll be available again in the afternoon.'

Ssera

Fledgling Freddie
Javai said:
Actually I for one get more bothered by inaccurate information than no information. And the post could have read 'We are doing final tests on 1.75' rather than saying

'Version 1.75 ready to be installed
We finished testing 1.75 and the release is planned for Thursday the 7th of July. As usual for releases of new patches, the servers will go offline in the morning around 9 :30 and they'll be available again in the afternoon.'

an over zealous editorial manager maybe? :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom