Version 1.75 delayed

Tuppe

Fledgling Freddie
Thorwyn[B&Q] said:
What´s wrong with delaying a patch that´s still buggy? You guys prefer to play a buggy version, crash, lose xp, rp, items and then get a boner from flaming GoA some more on the boards?
Geez... I`m tired of all the complaining no-lifers who don´t know the first thing about software developement and live in cloud cockoo land, pretending to be "in the know".

hmm go and try pryds rvr.
many get crit errors in frontiers, personally have spend 1 hour defending one tower, 90% that time was rebuffing, logging to game, or crit error kicking me out.
goa dont do jack to this problem because next patch fix it, guess i spend 3rd? weekend running around toa/si/classic areas because if move foot to frontier, get imemdiatly crit error ->logging game-> rebuffing-> crit error ->logging game->crit error and so on.

+ this patch fix one quest to valkyrie, atleast goa response its fixed, so can continue it to bitter end.
+ valkyrie can use many chains what so far has been warrior/thane only (example oceanus quests)

Dwali

Can't get enough of FH
what i know clustering isent with this patch yet...wasent they holding it of?

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
I thought I'd make a post that's just as usefull and constructive as the posts of those whiners here:

Baaaaa

Neo

Loyal Freddie
im not saying this or that about GOA, but on the other i will think twice
be4 playing another game handled by them.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Neo said:
im not saying this or that about GOA, but on the other i will think twice be4 playing another game handled by them.
Thats a great contradiction there, :twak: if you tried other online games, youll know they can all have these problems, SWG for example patches more times a day than I have hot dinners, even WOW has major crashes, they all do, GOA do the best with what they get from Mythic, whos stability is far worse than ours will ever be.

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
I've just been going crazy checking that everyone I know in the London area is OK, and not dead or maimed in the multiple bomb attacks.

This is a slight delay to some changes to some things in a video game.

Get a sense of fucking perspective.

Kittyfantastico

Fledgling Freddie
Svartmetall said:
I've just been going crazy checking that everyone I know in the London area is OK, and not dead or maimed in the multiple bomb attacks.

I aggree :(, I sincerely hope all you and yours are well and unhurt, and best wishes and sympaties to all those families now coping with a much greater loss.

Kitty

Elitestoner

Can't get enough of FH
shame, cluster was going to entertain me until new US servers came out. oh well no rr8 for me then

Ssera

Fledgling Freddie
Elitestoner said:
shame, cluster was going to entertain me until new US servers came out. oh well no rr8 for me then

Clustering isn't with this patch you know... it's coming a few weeks after (was in one of the GOA news... cba to find which one)

Elitestoner

Can't get enough of FH
Ssera said:
Clustering isn't with this patch you know... it's coming a few weeks after (was in one of the GOA news... cba to find which one)

ah, oh well

MaditioN

Can't get enough of FH
Svartmetall said:

you know this news was posted YESTERDAY you fucking idiot? maybe goa knew london was gonna be raided and delayed the patch? idiot irl ffs..

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
old.Whoodoo said:
Thats a great contradiction there, :twak: if you tried other online games, youll know they can all have these problems, SWG for example patches more times a day than I have hot dinners, even WOW has major crashes, they all do, GOA do the best with what they get from Mythic, whos stability is far worse than ours will ever be.

Dont forget SoE who took the whole everquest2 farm down EVERY day at lunchtime for at least 20 mins

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
Let me explain something, that is a bit technical. If you look at programs for major bugs, you will see a few different types of typical bugs. One of the most common problem is synchronizing threads, preventing race conditions, etc. a timing sensitive system, with many paralel threads that can interact with each other can have many such problems. Even banking systems are prone to such errors. An MMORPG can deal with more data than an average banking system, and can be more time sensitive (0.5 sec lag won't hurt most clients) and yet, banks can spend far more money on their hardware and software. So problems are expected to happen. Both lag casting, several los abuses and other bugs can be results of this problem. As you can expect, it means, DAoC servers can act differentlky on different hardware platform. And we don't know if Prydwen is 1 server, or the tasks are distributed between several machines. (Hint: probably they are distributed). If you get commands / responses in wrong order from the server, that can even lead to client side crashes. If client queues commands in a buffer, etc. before showing the result to you, to avoid wrong order of events problem, this buffer can be filled, and can create further problems. As you can expect, simply moving daoc to a different server can be problematic.

This is why EU needs testing, both with real clients, and with client emulation. The later is a small program that just acts like a "bot" and normally invisible to most people in the game, but good for stress tests. Live clients can be used to check the problems. And you need many live clients, to see how networking, etc can influence these problems. This is why Mythic has Pendragon. They can test problems with it, and you can help them. GOA doesn't use a test server currently, and with several patches, they fail to spot problems in time, due to lack of public testing. It can be worse with clustering... Givf test server(s).

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
old.Whoodoo said:
Wrong, in several aspects. Should I show you some stable MMO games? Check Runescape. And with JAVA based clients, timining issues that lead to these crashes can be far worse. Should I look for more examples.

GOA does everything they can? Where is Gorre? For 1.74 era, Mythic had 2(!) test servers available to public...

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
Tuppe said:
hmm go and try pryds rvr.
many get crit errors in frontiers, personally have spend 1 hour defending one tower, 90% that time was rebuffing, logging to game, or crit error kicking me out.
goa dont do jack to this problem because next patch fix it, guess i spend 3rd? weekend running around toa/si/classic areas because if move foot to frontier, get imemdiatly crit error ->logging game-> rebuffing-> crit error ->logging game->crit error and so on.

+ this patch fix one quest to valkyrie, atleast goa response its fixed, so can continue it to bitter end.
+ valkyrie can use many chains what so far has been warrior/thane only (example oceanus quests)
Because if this patch would be tested well, and would be fixed in time, we would have far less bugs, and we would have far less bug abuses. It isn't a problem to delay a patch if it has crashes, it is a problem, that GOA gets a patch, when it is closed, no hotfixes are needed, they take it to a different platform, adjust scripting, add more custom content, etc. then do some tests on it, and appearently this testing doesn't spot bugs in time. if this patch would be released, we would have a LOT more chashes. How GOA didn't find a bug that leads to a crash almost every time in weeks? What they have tested?

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
MaditioN said:
you know this news was posted YESTERDAY you fucking idiot? maybe goa knew london was gonna be raided and delayed the patch? idiot irl ffs..

You're yelling at him because he's worried about RL friends and family? o_O

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
No, but it was hard to learn reading in school for him, and he forgot how to understand the text he reads already. ;)

MaditioN

Can't get enough of FH
Tesla Monkor said:
You're yelling at him because he's worried about RL friends and family? o_O

"I've just been going crazy checking that everyone I know in the London area is OK, and not dead or maimed in the multiple bomb attacks.
Get a sense of fucking perspective."

ok he starts insulting people because... we discuss delay of patch ONE day before this happens? what has london tradegy todo with this at all? im sorry about it all too and i got friends there i havent heard of/got in reach off also, your are not alone in the world m8.

go whine about your other issues in some more fitting forum tbh.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
MaditioN said:

It seems that Madit cares more about in game than he does about his/her IRL friends/family. But you know... /sarcasm "Oh well, fuck everyone who died/got injured today. /sarcasm off

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
MaditioN said:
"I've just been going crazy checking that everyone I know in the London area is OK, and not dead or maimed in the multiple bomb attacks.
Get a sense of fucking perspective."

ok he starts insulting people because... we discuss delay of patch ONE day before this happens? what has london tradegy todo with this at all? im sorry about it all too and i got friends there i havent heard of/got in reach off also, your are not alone in the world m8.

go whine about your other issues in some more fitting forum tbh.

actually he is saying who cares tbh irl, not as if waiting another week for a working version is going to keep you up at night...is it?

in the greater scheme of things this is nothing compared to real life issues, you wouldnt be able to tell from some peoples reactions though :)

Deepflame

Fledgling Freddie
Raven said:
in the greater scheme of things this is nothing compared to real life issues, you wouldnt be able to tell from some peoples reactions though :)
After all, it's real life that keeps you getting the money for your DAoC subscription!

Marc

FH is my second home
Christ all fucking mighty, ive seen less whine at airports when flights are delayed.

Marc

FH is my second home
MaditioN said:

hmm some little kiddie who cant wait another week for his precious patch, calling someone else an IDIOT. :puke:

MaditioN

Can't get enough of FH
Marc said:
hmm some little kiddie who cant wait another week for his precious patch, calling someone else an IDIOT. :puke:

ehrm i can wait, just meens more wait till cluster
and i said that because he started barking at people "oh how can you sit here whine when people die in london?!?!?!" when we didn't, we did that one day before he got there ... morron :fluffle:

UndyingAngel

Can't get enough of FH
15.jpg

whgoooot

Fledgling Freddie
i bet dalay is cause one of GMs didnt get enough time to get his warlock to rr10 before the nerf.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom