Valentines day!

Tilda

Well, Im a little stuck.

I'm going to send some flowers (because i'm old fashioned like that!) to a girl at my office.
The questions, is, what do I put on the card?

Do I say

"Dear x, happy valentines day, from ?" or something similar

or do I sign my name?
or sign something so that she'll eventually figure out who it is, but it'll be a bit tricky?

I'm worried that if I sign my name it'll be arquard(sp) the next day, I only work once a week and am not working on the 14th. We're in the same office, so it could be potentially embaressing. In some ways I wouldnt mind her knowing, but then i'd have to get myself prepared for her to ask me something about it, or say something about it, in the office, while i'm there, with two other people. (one of the two other people knows that I like her and want to send her something)

But then the other side of the coin is if I dont sign anything, she might think its someone else, which would be worse!

Any ideas?

Tild

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
I find asking a girl what she is wearing is a fail safe way of getting sex0r.

If that doesn't work then a shovel to the back of the head never fails.

I'm sorry, I'm shit at romance and stuff. Good luck with whatever you decide.

`mongoose

One of Freddy's beloved
I'd sign your name if I were you and be done with it :)

Worst she can say is no and get you sacked for harrassment :)

M

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Trem said:
I find asking a girl what she is wearing is a fail safe way of getting sex0r.

If that doesn't work then a shovel to the back of the head never fails.

I'm sorry, I'm shit at romance and stuff. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Trem you ask me what I am wearing every fucking night and I am a dude.

Calaen

`mongoose said:
I'd sign your name if I were you and be done with it :)

Worst she can say is no and get you sacked for harrassment :)

M

I agree with Goose stick your name down, and start acting like the man she want you to be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
sign your name :)

and be prepared to put a brave face on the next time you're at work :)

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Asking her out before V-Day might be a better idea.
Gauranteed sexor if you can find a restaurant free on the 14th.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Calaen said:
Trem you ask me what I am wearing every fucking night and I am a dude.

For the last time Cal, you are not a dude you are a lady :eek:

TdC

and besides that Trem's just trying to help you out. He's very fashion aware and would be sad if you wore blue and green on a wednesday!

Ashala

One of Freddy's beloved
well you should be aware of what kind of flowers your sending her aswell since :

red roses means : i love you
yellow roses means : unfaithful
white roses means : rest in peace asshole

so flowers can be a bitch (especially for us boys)

sometimes you pick a mix of flowers you think looks nice, but in girl language its actually saying : i hate your mom, the dog shits on the floor and i wonna get divorced.... and its not fair because its really beautiful flowers but we are not making the rules they are :)

anyways loving someone at work can be a bitch, if you want to get to know the girl and go out with her be 100% sure of what your doing, since if your not commited to your act it WILL end up being embaressing and worse case scenario one of you guys could end up quitting your job over it....

but if you think she is the one, go for it, write your name, or figure out something more romantic even....

Panda On Smack

Can't get enough of FH
I would keep it anonymous but put a clue in the message its from you. Is there a running joke between you or something like that you could hint at?

Maljonic

Can't get enough of FH
Not sure about that, if you're going to put a clue in you may as well just tell her - although on second thoughts it might be kind of fun I guess.

Nah, on third thoughts I think you should sign it. Valentine's Day is the one time in the year you can get away with sending flowers if you aren't sure if she'll like you back the same way. If she does like you she'll be really pleased and you'll end up getting to know her better and maybe going out. If she's not interested that way it's not as big a deal as it would be if you'd told her out of the blue on an ordinary day. Knowing that millions of others are doing the same thing makes it easier I think for both parties.

Maljonic

Can't get enough of FH
Well of course, why would anyone but a girl have a woman as an avatar? :)

Calaen

`mongoose said:
I'm with trem

Cal is deffo female :)

M

you can fo aswell, every damn server we go on in CS they call me a fucking girl.
I am sick of everyone wanting to be my friend.

babs

Can't get enough of FH
Panda On Smack said:
I would keep it anonymous but put a clue in the message its from you. Is there a running joke between you or something like that you could hint at?

'I KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE'

Panda On Smack

Can't get enough of FH
Heh, yeah

Put a pic in there of her in her pants which you took earlier that day while hovering around in the garden

`mongoose

One of Freddy's beloved
Calaen said:
you can fo aswell, every damn server we go on in CS they call me a fucking girl.
I am sick of everyone wanting to be my friend.

ROFL

Well maybe if you played like you actually had a pair of hairy boys (and knew how to use them) then perhaps we'd believe your claims :)

M

Calaen

`mongoose said:
ROFL

Well maybe if you played like you actually had a pair of hairy boys (and knew how to use them) then perhaps we'd believe your claims :)

M

Dont make me beat you down like a bitch :p

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber

`mongoose

One of Freddy's beloved
Calaen said:
Dont make me beat you down like a bitch :p

What you're going to scratch my eyes out and slap me? :p

See you fight like a girl too - you admitted it!

M

TdC

I demand baby-oil twister to be played right now :)

Calaen

27/M/Newcastle you twats.

Goose your gonna get a mouthful when i catch you on vent tbh

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Well, i always found valentines to be a load of crap.

If you can't appreciate your loved ones, your family, your friends 24/7/365 then why the f*ck care for one day.

Valentines is every day, or like it's called in finland, friends day.

But i hope you all who like it, enjoy it and get plenty of sexor for no good reason! :D

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Ah someone in the same situation as me (kind of), allow me to bore you all to death with my women problems (cos like, I never do that). There's this girl at work I really like, and get on with like a house on fire. I got into the office at 9:30 this morning and we were talking pretty much til leaving at 5, and this is quite common. We're only in the same office one day a week, but when we are it's the same story, chatting away for the entire shift. We spent most of our works do chatting to each other in the corner (getting loads of comments too about how close we were looking :)) a couple of weekends ago and cunningly can both remember about the same - the venue and party itself were rubbish but we still had a good time, which is even more impressive for her considering she left cos she was upset at a text her ex had sent her. Then earlier this week I sent her a wee email asking how her wekeend and time off were, and that has now grown to about a 20 page essay writing competition....there's just a couple of things I can't figure out....

1) Considering we've already arranged to go KFC next Thursday when we're working together again (and might meet up in Stafford tomorrow night if she's out), is it worth sending her a card on Tuesday or just waiting for stuff to happen naturally?

2) should I be worried about the fact she's still friends with her ex? He's hurt her god knows how many times and is just generally bad news, but she's still seeing him. she did say when they go out she hates it when it gets couply and she'd only get back together with him if he bought her one of those new Grande Puntos, but she's still seeing him.....Did I mention he was a complete and utter twat?

Calaen

Bodhi said:
Ah someone in the same situation as me (kind of), allow me to bore you all to death with my women problems (cos like, I never do that). There's this girl at work I really like, and get on with like a house on fire. I got into the office at 9:30 this morning and we were talking pretty much til leaving at 5, and this is quite common. We're only in the same office one day a week, but when we are it's the same story, chatting away for the entire shift. We spent most of our works do chatting to each other in the corner (getting loads of comments too about how close we were looking :)) a couple of weekends ago and cunningly can both remember about the same - the venue and party itself were rubbish but we still had a good time, which is even more impressive for her considering she left cos she was upset at a text her ex had sent her. Then earlier this week I sent her a wee email asking how her wekeend and time off were, and that has now grown to about a 20 page essay writing competition....there's just a couple of things I can't figure out....

1) Considering we've already arranged to go KFC next Thursday when we're working together again (and might meet up in Stafford tomorrow night if she's out), is it worth sending her a card on Tuesday or just waiting for stuff to happen naturally?

2) should I be worried about the fact she's still friends with her ex? He's hurt her god knows how many times and is just generally bad news, but she's still seeing him. she did say when they go out she hates it when it gets couply and she'd only get back together with him if he bought her one of those new Grande Puntos, but she's still seeing him.....Did I mention he was a complete and utter twat?

Hmm a toughy, always is when there is an ex lingering around. I would send her a card and a single red rose tbh.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Thank god I don't have to do this shit anymore.

Bodhi, definitely sounds like positive signs and worth keeping the pressure on - do the rose thing, see how it goes. But what I would say is, watch out for the "oh, I thought we were just friends?" card that so many modern women love to play. I've been on the receiving end of it so many times. Also, I have a long term girlfriend but I still have a good bit of office flirting going on, but to me it doesn't mean anything - sometimes this does involve multiple replys in emails usual with the subject "RE: good morning" by the time the end of the afternoon.

You need to test her mettle, take it outside the office, ask her out to dinner - if she thinks you're moving too fast, she'll let you know - play the "oh, it was just as friends" card yourself to settle her nerves. See what happens from there.

My advice to you all: life is too fucking short not to send valentines gifts, or ask women out - so seize the fucking moment, because you could have a Jihad put on you tomorrow. Don't fear the truth - the worst she can say is "no".

Whatever you do, DON'T COME IN HER FACE... particularly in the office.

Calaen

Big G said:
Thank god I don't have to do this shit anymore.

Bodhi, definitely sounds like positive signs and worth keeping the pressure on - do the rose thing, see how it goes. But what I would say is, watch out for the "oh, I thought we were just friends?" card that so many modern women love to play. I've been on the receiving end of it so many times. Also, I have a long term girlfriend but I still have a good bit of office flirting going on, but to me it doesn't mean anything - sometimes this does involve multiple replys in emails usual with the subject "RE: good morning" by the time the end of the afternoon.

You need to test her mettle, take it outside the office, ask her out to dinner - if she thinks you're moving too fast, she'll let you know - play the "oh, it was just as friends" card yourself to settle her nerves. See what happens from there.

My advice to you all: life is too fucking short not to send valentines gifts, or ask women out - so seize the fucking moment, because you could have a Jihad put on you tomorrow. Don't fear the truth - the worst she can say is "no".

Whatever you do, DON'T COME IN HER FACE... particularly in the office.

Solid advice there G, especially the spunk in the face bit :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom