Uthgard

Species

One of Freddy's beloved
I found Sneakers and his merry bunch. Been Powerleveling they're group with my dark rm.

Who and what do you play on Mid Dvaerg?

Tilda

GoL have taken me in - a friendly home for friendly people from excal/FH. I guess we might do some rvr at some point.
I'm Tild in game.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Seen you around @Tild :) thought it might be you.

Playing Clockwomble, necro atm but eventually will level a friar or reaver.

Fenderon

Can't get enough of FH
Playing a summoning SM on mid. :) got to level 20 today.. it's going snow, but that was the plan. RL comes first :\

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I haven't started on it yet personally, I was and still am on the fence about it. On the one hand I really want that old feeling back again, on the other hand I don't think I can be fucked with the old crafting system or old style leveling again.

That said - taken from Lithlet's Youtube channel - this feels nice to look at, right in the feels.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Part of me wishes I had gone Hib but never played Alb, levelled pretty much every class on Hib (without PL) and did Mid on the US servers before the merge. Hoping they hurry up with SI, personally that was the best DAOC era for me.

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Playing a lvl 34 druid on hib and having a blast! The nostalgia is real! Wish I rolled a realm with more familiar faces, seen a few alb and mid names I recognize, but not so much in hib.

2800~ online now, 900 in queue!

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Well, if you chaps make any threads you want people to follow, mainly guilds that play etc let me know and I'll sticky it, seems a few old daoc players are returning to the forum for Uthgard.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Finding zero cloth drops, still wearing AF10 merchant stuff at level 27 (except for a chest I looted)

Might have to take a break from leveling at 30 and start tailoring.

cog

Can't get enough of FH
I'm also on mid with Sneakers, playing a healer. Kinda miss hib though :(

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Finding zero cloth drops, still wearing AF10 merchant stuff at level 27 (except for a chest I looted)

Maybe look into some OTD's to tide you over, might get a few bits and bobs that'll last awhile.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Yeah could do but will be doing tailoring anyway so might as well do it now where I can benefit from it. Will see about getting metal up a bit too I think for trinketing, getting loads of metal crap.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
if its still the patch where you can buy alb plate from DF as mid or hib, MW is defo worth getting up, that shit was a gold mine :p

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
2134 in queue now, don't think I'll get on before it's bedtime.

I farmed bwgan fishermen in Llyn Barffog at level ~25 for the Pain Delved Cloth drops. I might have some bits and bobs of old cloth and stuff to giveaway. Sadly OTD is something alb is lacking compared to mid at least.

UndyingAngel

Can't get enough of FH
Playing on albion as Milkybar again. its good fun when you can get on the server, 2h 20 min so far in the Queue and atill 1187 of 2307 :<.
Its good to chat to some old friends again from Prydwen again.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
The population is crazy, I bet Broadsword are feeling pretty dumb right now.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Broadsword are finished, even if they did go through the proper channels to get Uthgard shutdown (which I don't think they'd do because they just don't have the funding for such a legal run around), people would just stick a new server up and change the name from Uthgard to something else, they'd just keep doing it as they have for years.

The most dignified thing Broadsword can do for the community now is just shut DAOC down instead of raping it with every other patch they bring out.

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
Your queue position is 1636 out of 1636.

Yeah, I can't wait for hours to play this.

Tilda

This is literally brilliant. Played all day today, it is excellent.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
The stability issues seem to have been resolved too (touch wood)

I think they are in a tricky position regarding population, if they were to create another server it would probably resolve it overnight but when people start dropping away they will end up with 2 half full servers.

Tilda

I think they are in a tricky position regarding population, if they were to create another server it would probably resolve it overnight but when people start dropping away they will end up with 2 half full servers.
The queue is the best option, it sucks for people who can't get on, but it is the best way to deal with it. They definitely shouldn't do a new server.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter

Wonder if DOL servers can support clustered servers like the live ones, if so they could just open another server and link it or something?

That said I'm strongly considering rolling Hib, anyone know what the realm balances look like yet? that'd prob be the deciding factor for me, I don't want to join the most overpopulated realm.

Bahumat

FH is my second home

Yep I'm in the same boat. Me and a couple of old players made an animist group and we still have starter gear :(

I would love if hey had merchant speed buffs in the towns, plus not being able to see teammates on the map is a royal pain in the ass!
I'm all for classic, but the above two things won't break the classic experience imo

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Yeah there are a few things that were introduced over the years that made it better. I still find it a pain in the arse to use horses to go anywhere, especially when they are so flaky and you end up getting chucked off in random places. The map is also a bugbear as I have no idea where anything is...back in the old days of DAOC I initially printed off a load of hib maps and had them on the wall...not sure that would go with my adult decor now though...

I guess they have to draw a line somewhere and say classic means classic.

Still, its great to see some life back in DAOC and hopefully it lasts.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Wonder if DOL servers can support clustered servers like the live ones, if so they could just open another server and link it or something?

That said I'm strongly considering rolling Hib, anyone know what the realm balances look like yet? that'd prob be the deciding factor for me, I don't want to join the most overpopulated realm.
Mid and alb are the most populated. I think mid might be the most due to the strong melee classes.

Yeah a cluster of sorts would be best. Everyone wants to see/group/fight the old faces, not get spread onto two servers.
if they could link up additional servers to increase the overall character limit that would be great

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Takes ages moving around the map, but it's part of the classic experience I guess. Getting a bit annoying taking the 15+ min horseride to remote places like Innis not knowing if the group will be some sort of clown fiesta or actually decent. I think you can bind at open houses in the housingzone and just release to there, but haven't tried it. Might be mostly for rvr.

If you are starting out new I recommend staying in starter guild and using it and LFG-function to get groups.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom