Politics US Election 2020

Who do you think will win the Presidential election of 2020?

• Donald Trump

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Joe Biden

Votes: 17 85.0%

• Total voters

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
The best thing the world can do is to not give the man any more airspace or thinking time.... he has gone. If he thinks for one minute that the is taking up normal peoples time debating over his time then he will be over joyed... best to let him sink away to live in a prison cell somewhere.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
I guess really what I want to reflect on is that the endless cheap tricks of subtle deception that are used by the powerful on the populus are there in plain sight, but we chose to ignore them to keep the story going in our heads and thats how they get away with it.
The entire western world is at each other throats and it wouldnt be happening if the politicians werent using us as pawns in their game.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Ah ok, so we're not holding Biden to account the same way we did with Trump.

Good to know!

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
The Bernie memes are going to be remember in history.

So many people/companies are joining in on the fun and Bernie even finds it funny :)

View: https://twitter.com/UofGlasgow/status/1352545778116534272

It is amusing. :)

Companies are there so they can enforce an association with something people like in their minds. (Oooh, Exxon Mobile likes Bernie Sanders, I feel nice about them now!).

The Dem's are getting a bit of a boost off it. Shame they deliberately scuppered him in favour of Clinton and her neo-con cronies rather than putting in a candidate that might have actually brought about some real change.

Bodhi

Lost the popular vote twice, got impeached twice.

Trying to think of other good things he did. Ah yes, thats it, he lost.

As someone who never bought into the Trump = Hitler meme (mostly as that's massively disrespectful to people who suffered at the hands of the Nazis), and thinks both sides of the political coin in the US are just as bad as each other, I'd say:

The Good:
Energy Independence for America
Great job and economy numbers for both whites and minorities until COVID
Those pesky Middle East Peace Deals
Kept North Korea quiet (ish) for 4 years
Suggested what China was doing to the Ughuyrs wasn't really on
Operation Warp Speed
No new wars, legal or otherwise
Provided 4 years of high quality political entertainment, both on his side and the 4 year hissy fit from his opponents

The Bad:
Not particularly well organised at times
Spoke in hyperbole rather than facts and used non-specific language
Did very little to heal the divisions in America which led to his election
Didn't pardon Snowden/Assange
Didn't do enough on his promises to bring troops home
Pandemic response other than Warp Speed wasn't great, although it does look as if he was fighting the entire scientific establishment and a virus at the same time.
Apparently encouraged one of the shittest insurrections ever.

That's just off the top of my head. I'll agree Trump as a person was highly unagreeable, but as a President there was plenty of good stuff imo, just overshadowed by the guy doing it. If the Republicans can find a more refined Trump for 2024, judging by some of what Biden's announced already they'll walk it.

I also would not be in favour of anything pertty like pursuing charges now he's left office. If Bush and Blair are still walking free after starting an illegal war that killed over a million people, I'm quite prepared to overlook some dodgy tax practices.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Ah ok, so we're not holding Biden to account the same way we did with Trump.

Good to know!

Two days. Actions not words. Fuck's sake.

And since you seem to be holding Biden to account for things not in the minds (or writings) of journalists from the Jerusalem Post, I'll take your opinion under advisement.

Bodhi

Two days. Actions not words. Fuck's sake.

And since you seem to be holding Biden to account for things not in the minds (or writings) of journalists from the Jerusalem Post, I'll take your opinion under advisement.

Actions? Cool. Well so far his actions appear to have pissed off Canada, killed a few thousand well paying jobs for no real benefit and made federally funded women's sport a bit of a joke, now men can play as long as they identify as a woman. Pretty good for his second day I've gotta admit, ignoring the extreme likelihood of some additional democracy exports.

Still haven't seen any nasty tweets however, so we're making some progress.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Actions? Cool. Well so far his actions appear to have pissed off Canada, killed a few thousand well paying jobs for no real benefit and made federally funded women's sport a bit of a joke, now men can play as long as they identify as a woman. Pretty good for his second day I've gotta admit, ignoring the extreme likelihood of some additional democracy exports.

So stopping the keystone pipeline and rejoining the WHO and the Paris Climate Agreement are no real benefit?

Bodhi

So stopping the keystone pipeline and rejoining the WHO and the Paris Climate Agreement are no real benefit?

Absolutely none. The US will still need the oil and will just transport it by (more dangerous) rail or go get some from the Middle East, and the US were already reducing carbon emissions through fracking so didn't have to join a very flawed and expensive climate treaty.

Both will cost the American people billions, to achieve stuff they were doing anyway.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
I guess really what I want to reflect on is that the endless cheap tricks of subtle deception that are used by the powerful on the populus are there in plain sight, but we chose to ignore them to keep the story going in our heads and thats how they get away with it.
The entire western world is at each other throats and it wouldnt be happening if the politicians werent using us as pawns in their game.

You are talking about Trump right?

DaGaffer

Pissing off Canada because it hurts one of the most polluting industries in one of the most polluting countries on Earth? Canadians may be polite, but they're also dirty fuckers. So really not seeing the end of Keystone as a negative.

And the US has no Federally funded sports. It never has had. Quite a few are applying for COVID relief, but that's not the same thing at all.

DaGaffer

Absolutely none. The US will still need the oil and will just transport it by (more dangerous) rail or go get some from the Middle East, and the US were already reducing carbon emissions through fracking so didn't have to join a very flawed and expensive climate treaty.

Both will cost the American people billions, to achieve stuff they were doing anyway.

If he cost benefit from shale gets worse, that's good.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Pissing off Canada because it hurts one of the most polluting industries in one of the most polluting countries on Earth? Canadians may be polite, but they're also dirty fuckers. So really not seeing the end of Keystone as a negative.

And the US has no Federally funded sports. It never has had. Quite a few are applying for COVID relief, but that's not the same thing at all.
Fuck me @DaGaffer was ready to go to war on you when I hovered over the hyperlink and saw www.thestar.com!! :p

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
It is amusing. :)

Companies are there so they can enforce an association with something people like in their minds. (Oooh, Exxon Mobile likes Bernie Sanders, I feel nice about them now!).

The Dem's are getting a bit of a boost off it. Shame they deliberately scuppered him in favour of Clinton and her neo-con cronies rather than putting in a candidate that might have actually brought about some real change.
And another one :)

View: https://twitter.com/jamieleecurtis/status/1352624224330899456

Though I don't believe people will be quick to drop their views on shitty companies just over a meme.

Bodhi

Keystone will still be there, it's just the new bigger version that Biden has put the kibosh on. The oil will still come from Canada, will just be shipped or transported by rail, increasing emissions and the chances of a fairly major spillage, all whilst making oil and gas more expensive with no real viable replacement up and running.

Admirable, but utterly misguided.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
lol :)

Although I have to say - that True Lies poledance is one of the least erotic things that cinema ever produced.

I'd rather fap to when Dan Akyroyd gets that salmon caught in his santa beard in Trading Places than JLC gyrating for Arnie.

Though I don't believe people will be quick to drop their views on shitty companies just over a meme.
You'd be surprised. It's why companies bend over backwards to create emotional connections to all sorts of things.

You don't consciously change your mind on issues but your brain does create an emotional connection. And there's nothing you can do about it - it's done to you whether you like it or not. Advertising is insidious :(

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
lol :)

Although I have to say - that True Lies poledance is one of the least erotic things that cinema ever produced.

I'd rather fap to when Dan Akyroyd gets that salmon caught in his santa beard in Trading Places than JLC gyrating for Arnie.

You'd be surprised. It's why companies bend over backwards to create emotional connections to all sorts of things.

You don't consciously change your mind on issues but your brain does create an emotional connection. And there's nothing you can do about it - it's done to you whether you like it or not. Advertising is insidious :(

The Lloyds horse gets me every time :'( xxx

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
No, they are still a private company that can allow whomever they like to use their services.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Im not sure what the Guard is suggesting here, has facebook really decided its a new branch of government.

As a privately owned forum I have decided to ban you for 2 weeks.

Fuck I love my supreme court especially when I hold it to session when sat in a pair of boxers and fuckall else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom