Politics US Election 2020

Who do you think will win the Presidential election of 2020?

• Donald Trump

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Joe Biden

Votes: 17 85.0%

• Total voters

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
If that was the daily mail..fair enough, they arent publically funded by law and can have any opinion they like and dont pretend to be impartial , same with the Guard, free to have opinion sway their reporting and we are....well sort of..free to criticise.
The bbc has a core value of inpartiality enshrined in its charter.

'The BBC is committed to achieving due impartiality in all its output. This commitment is fundamental to our reputation, our values and the trust of audiences.'

It is completely failing to do that in politics..race relations..climate change..lbgt..religion..ethnicity...brexit.

The reasons are obvious and we cant have the bbc as an agenda ridden entity using its reach to conform to whatever is the latest and quite often being the piggie in the middle of ideologies.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
This is hilarious.
You keep attacking me about a point I havent made while repeating how you agree with the reporter.

Well if you agree with him, hes not being fucking impartial is he, ffs.

Disagree with established facts?

200k+ have died in America so far and many more will die, especially now that Trump has told his supporters not to worry about it. The loony fringe are already empowered to ignore Covid, now they are even more so. More people will now die because that useless waste of skin has gone full retard.

The stupid orange prick is even now suggesting that Biden is somehow wrong to have not caught the virus.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Great logic there m8.

BBC reporter: Sky is blue today.
Freddyshouse: Yep. Seems to be. We agree.
Job: HE'S NOT BEING IMPARTIAL!!!!!!

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
This is hilarious.
You keep attacking me about a point I havent made while repeating how you agree with the reporter.

If he states facts (Trump is still infectious, Trump has put his Secret Service Agents at risk, Trump continues to downplay 200K+ deaths) and you agree that those facts are correct (which they are) then impartiality has nothing to do with it.

You can choose to ignore those facts if you wish, but it doesn't change their truth.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
As usual , you take your anger to slide off argument.
My post was about the bbc not being inpartial.

Which they clearly are not, in fact I did the mail a disservice by saying the bbc were as bad as them.
Their coverage of the event actually was impartial.

Im the only one here who is correct on this issue, you are attacking me for pointing it out because you agree with it and are happy for the bbc to be blatently biased.
No you asked is to do a thought experiment not using facts - where as the BBC coverage in this instance was entirely factual so they reported the news - there is nothing impartial about it. If I was unlucky enough to be in the US reporting on the current Pootus I would have been far less restrained that that reporter.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
@Job

How the fuck can you defend this cunt when reading the following:

If legally possible they should just insist that the secret service and federal guard are required to prevent people from leaving the white house and the place should be quarantined for 14 days. Food can be delivered and the incompetants can manage to get their own tea etc for the duration.. I am quite certain that when Charlie was positive he took precautions to ensure that his household staff and Camilla did not take risks and charlie is generally a bit of a simpleton..

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
It taints the reality that he almost undoubtedly is a doctor, but because they force a black tokenism, his effort and talent are reduced in their impact.
It only does that if the thought crosses your mind in the first place. Probably doesn't even register for most normal people.

Job

Great logic there m8.

BBC reporter: Sky is blue today.
Freddyshouse: Yep. Seems to be. We agree.
Job: HE'S NOT BEING IMPARTIAL!!!!!!
Great logic there Scouse.
You agree with opinions
You dont agree with facts.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
You agree with opinions

I really don't like engaging with @Job but seriously... you need to realise that if the reality and facts support a viewpoint which is then stated by the media, then they ARE being impartial? Do you expect them to distort facts to match your weird world? Fucking goon.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
You agree with opinions
Fact: The president is infectious
Fact: He went on a big drive in a hermetically sealed vehicle
Fact: In doing so he exposed the secret service agents to covid - something that kills people
Fact: Being el presidente means it's the most important hospital visitor in the world - was treated with drugs that simply aren't available to average joe american
Fact: Covid's killed 200,000 Americans
Fact: Covid's killed 1,000,000 humans
Fact: Because of this (in my opinion idiocy) people are calling it the "covid joyride"

All of these things were the facts that John Sopel said. He didn't deviate from that. He stated the facts, not opinion.

Opinion would have been "I think he's a fucking orange tool for doing this". But he just stated what happened. Go back and watch it again.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I hear ya Joe

but you still represent the continuation of failed Neoliberal idiocy (as opposed to Trumps facism).

If people are weary of their lot then you offer no solutions. Which is why millions of deluded fools vote Trump. :(

Job

I really don't like engaging with @Job but seriously... you need to realise that if the reality and facts support a viewpoint which is then stated by the media, then they ARE being impartial? Do you expect them to distort facts to match your weird world? Fucking goon.
Its an opinion.
You draw your own opinions from the facts.
Thats what they bbc shouldnt be doing.
Just present the facts.
Also if theyre not just being impartial they are also omitting facts that counter the ones they state.

You keep personally attacking me for pointing out a fact.
The bbc is not impartial.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Please respond to the factual post I made on this with a factual response.

You're guilty of projecting how you feel and saying it's the BBC's fault.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Its an opinion.
You draw your own opinions from the facts.
Thats what they bbc shouldnt be doing.
Just present the facts.
Also if theyre not just being impartial they are also omitting facts that counter the ones they state.

You keep personally attacking me for pointing out a fact.

What facts did they omit? Oh and by the way there is nothing in the BBC's charter that says they are only to present facts; quite the reverse in fact, as the term "analysis" is used in the definition of "News".

Job

Please respond to the factual post I made on this with a factual response.

You're guilty of projecting how you feel and saying it's the BBC's fault.
Is calling an event.
'Unbelivable'
Is that an impartial reporting.

No

Likewise if he said it was 'fantastic', you would be losing your shit.
You are happy that the bbc is impartial because you agree with the opinion.

I dont 'feel' they are impartial, they are doing it right there in the video.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Is calling an event.
'Unbelivable'
Is that an impartial reporting.
He said "this is quite an unbelieveable scene" and went on to give a description of an infectious covid patient waving to massed supporters.

In that context it's an accurate factual description. Imagine infectious Boris Johnson doing the same - that would be a criminal act in the UK.

Infectious people *must* isolate. So, absolutely, in that context it is completely factual to state disbelief.

Grow up.

Job

I am being grown up.
Lack of inpartiallity and bias is the biggest issue with our media.

The bbc claims to hold higher standards...it doesnt.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I am being grown up.

You're being a fucking prat - going back and desperately searching for any word in that BBC report that you can pull out and claim makes the whole thing impartial.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I am being grown up.

Just saying "it doesn't" without providing any counter-argument whatsoever isn't a discussion Job.

Job

Well this is getting boring.
Its outrageously biased and there are many reasons why that is being denied and many reasons why its true that it was a shocking event, plus a bazillion reasons why a supposedly impartial national news service should keep its opinions to itself.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Nor is 'your an idiot just like Trump'.
I didn't.

I've provided factual analysis, asked direct questions, explained why unbelieveable isn't biased etc etc.

You've just said "it is".

Provide a counter argument to my points? That then becomes a discussion.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Well this is getting boring.
Its outrageously biased and there are many reasons why that is being denied and many reasons why its true that it was a shocking event, plus a bazillion reasons why a supposedly impartial national news service should keep its opinions to itself.

You're such a gammon, lmao.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Nor is 'your an idiot just like Trump'.

The problem Trump lovers have is stating the facts seems outrageous because he is such a bellend and does things no other leader would do, trying to complain about bias in such cases is very Trumpion and pointless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom