United States Corrupt Twattery

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Really short version @Wij. Basically Rittenhouse turned up with a gun, was attacked during the riot and then shot his attackers, right?

I acknowlege that that's a gross oversimplification, but ultimately that's what it boils down to and why the jury found him not guilty. - if they hadn't attacked him, he wouldn't have shot them. He'd just have been a lonely weirdo with a rifle.

The rest of this shit (including what's going on now) is weird as fuck. Just totally bizarre.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
@Wij, @Gwadien - lets put the above in a bit of cultural context.

Here's Steve Ballmer, CEO of Microsoft at the time, at a company corporate event.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f__n8084YAE

I know, I was actually going to say how it reminded me of the video of Bill Gates etc.

The difference is that they're applauding journalists for being 'whistleblowers' like they're the greatest patriots of all time etc, it's weird.

Why do you love to defend 'em though?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Why do you love to defend 'em though?
I'm not defending anything. I'm just giving a bit of perspective.

When you're looking at stuff from another culture you interpret it with your own eyes and it makes it look strange. If you can see that there's actually a different culture at play then maybe you can amend your own position.

The fact that you think "why do you love to defend 'em" - is an example of this. The question is - why do you think I'm defending them? Is there actually something to defend?

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Its a video of a bunch of middle aged people dancing, aka half the internet these days. Dont get it what are they whistleblowing? Whats a muckraker?

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Really short version @Wij. Basically Rittenhouse turned up with a gun, was attacked during the riot and then shot his attackers, right?

I acknowlege that that's a gross oversimplification, but ultimately that's what it boils down to and why the jury found him not guilty. - if they hadn't attacked him, he wouldn't have shot them. He'd just have been a lonely weirdo with a rifle.

The rest of this shit (including what's going on now) is weird as fuck. Just totally bizarre.
I never argued at the time that he should have been found guilty. It’s just disturbing that they love him because he killed a ‘lefty’ and they absolutely think that is great.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I never argued at the time that he should have been found guilty. It’s just disturbing that they love him because he killed a ‘lefty’ and they absolutely think that is great.
I'm not sure that that's really what it is. I think they're disenfranchised and being taken advantage of by a political class, as has always been the case. They're being setup us-against-them and falling for it - like we all fall for it and have done for a long time.

The us-against-them that the right wing uses is way more primary colours than the left wing, but it's there on both sides.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I'm not sure that that's really what it is. I think they're disenfranchised and being taken advantage of by a political class, as has always been the case. They're being setup us-against-them and falling for it - like we all fall for it and have done for a long time.

The us-against-them that the right wing uses is way more primary colours than the left wing, but it's there on both sides.
You are over complicating this. They like the fact that he killed a ‘lefty’. That’s it.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
You are over complicating this. They like the fact that he killed a ‘lefty’. That’s it.
I think you're massively oversimplifying it.

There'll be a lot of complex reasons why he's getting the love he is. And it won't simply be because he shot some people.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
It has a lot to do with American's weird cultural obsession with firearms and "defending our stuff, yahaw"

I mean, who the fuck goes to Tesco or whatever with an AR15 to defend against looters.

Gwadien

It has a lot to do with American's weird cultural obsession with firearms and "defending our stuff, yahaw"

I mean, who the fuck goes to Tesco or whatever with an AR15 to defend against looters.

But I think there's been a change in that culture; correct me if I'm wrong but groups like the NRA are very conservative, and apart from the deep south gun ownership was publicly perceived as a responsible thing, hand in hand for respect for authority, especially the police.

The change I've noticed is now they celebrate people that come out with guns and use them 'correctly'.

Now it's a group of people with a deep distrust of the government and authority, whilst getting 'whistleblowers' to dance on stage whilst accusing the government/organisations of doing things which should be causing heads to roll.

Scouse is right, it's the elites controlling the plebs, but the route they're taking is more dangerous than before which probably reflects their concern over loss of control.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
This is what gets me about the both-sidesing and meet-the-new-boss arguing. There’s no way that this would have happened under Trump. I’m happy to criticise Biden. He is in no way perfect. But that doesn’t mean that he is just as bad as Trump. Democrats don’t have militias trying to enforce their will and aren’t trying to disenfranchise millions of voters or make it so that states can overrule what people voted for.

In the battle of dickheads versus fascists I’ll take dickheads.

View: https://twitter.com/ewong/status/1474063250673258500

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Democrats don’t have militias trying to enforce their will
No, but they're fully supportive of the erosion of rights and liberties.

But even if I concede your point - I still think it's just marginal shite. Neither side is doing very much good. We need systemic change.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing

But even if I concede your point - I still think it's just marginal shite. Neither side is doing very much good. We need systemic change.

There's a big difference between "not doing much good" and being actively evil.

Gwadien

I really don't see why there's so much hate for Biden, naturally it's because Trump stole the election, but Biden is a part of the furniture.

He's not going to do anything radical, but that was always going to happen; you can't face off a radical with your own radical policies, being the middle ground boring guy some(most)times wins elections.

There's a list of silly things Trump did that I can't be arsed to reel off, but if we're sticking to Covid; The bloke encouraged Covid scepticism ffs.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
There's a big difference between "not doing much good" and being actively evil.
"Not doing much good" isn't an apt description. (Even if it was we need radical change to the paths we're on - and we ain't getting it)

But the Biden administration is being actively evil too. Just not quite as obviously evil as Trump. - my "meet the new boss" commentary is accurate. The democrats are no better in any substantive way. Any way that really, deep-down, matters.

They're two sides of the same fucking coin.

Wij

I am a FH squatter

SilverHood

FH is my second home
There was a big fire in a NYC apartment building last week, and they're blaming the tenants for not closing the door and for using a space heater to stay warm:

Heating is such a crap-shoot in NYC apartment buildings. The rules say that " From 6 a.m. to 10 p.m., if outdoor temperatures fall below 55 (12.7 C) degrees, indoor temperatures must be at least 68 (20 C) degrees. At night, the temperature indoors must be at least 62 (16.6 C) degrees, regardless of the temperature outside. "

In one old apartment, my thermometer recorded a temperature of minus 5 degrees C once. I had to use a space heater at night to heat my bedroom, but I couldn't leave it on overnight, as it was a major fire hazard.
In another old apartment, it got so hot in winter, that my window was open most days. If I didn't, it would be 40 degrees inside.

My current building is a mixed bag. There's no tenants in the former pub / restaurant downstairs, so the floor is freezing cold. We have 2 radiators, one each side of the apartment, and 3 pipes carrying steam to units upstairs, that also provide some heat. Air temperature in my home office is 24 degrees right now, but the floor is probably 5 degrees or so. We are usually good in the proper winter, but it's the early fall and early spring that pains us the most. When the temperature is just above the threshold, we have no heating at all.

Part of the problem is that heating is included in the rent, so it's a way for landlords to make a quick buck.

Gwadien

There was a big fire in a NYC apartment building last week, and they're blaming the tenants for not closing the door and for using a space heater to stay warm:

Heating is such a crap-shoot in NYC apartment buildings. The rules say that " From 6 a.m. to 10 p.m., if outdoor temperatures fall below 55 (12.7 C) degrees, indoor temperatures must be at least 68 (20 C) degrees. At night, the temperature indoors must be at least 62 (16.6 C) degrees, regardless of the temperature outside. "

In one old apartment, my thermometer recorded a temperature of minus 5 degrees C once. I had to use a space heater at night to heat my bedroom, but I couldn't leave it on overnight, as it was a major fire hazard.
In another old apartment, it got so hot in winter, that my window was open most days. If I didn't, it would be 40 degrees inside.

My current building is a mixed bag. There's no tenants in the former pub / restaurant downstairs, so the floor is freezing cold. We have 2 radiators, one each side of the apartment, and 3 pipes carrying steam to units upstairs, that also provide some heat. Air temperature in my home office is 24 degrees right now, but the floor is probably 5 degrees or so. We are usually good in the proper winter, but it's the early fall and early spring that pains us the most. When the temperature is just above the threshold, we have no heating at all.

Part of the problem is that heating is included in the rent, so it's a way for landlords to make a quick buck.

So...

'murica?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom