News Unison wants Clarkson sacked

soze

I am a FH squatter
I got in trouble for posting "£38k basic, £8k London waiting, Key Worker housing, 10 weeks Holiday a year and Extra pay for marking exams. I can see why teachers think they deserve last working year pensions." Went down like a lead balloon with my teacher mates but fuck em they earn a small fortune and we always hear how kids are getting dumber so why should my taxes pay for someone who has not given a shit about their job for the past 15 years get more pension in a year then I ever will in 5 unless i pay for it myself.

*I know some teachers do care and are excellent. Low paid Nurses deserve every penny rich doctors go fuck themselves.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
No wonder your friends were miffed - the minimum basic pay in England and Wales for a qualified teacher is £21,588 rising to about 31 grand...

soze

I am a FH squatter
Well yes i got a lot of that :) My rant was spurred on by one of the arseholes i go to football with who's salary that is and is always pleading poverty.

I should have been clearer my post was meant to show that its easy to make a sweeping generalisation based on personal experience, I do not know that's what Clarkson did, we have one of his books of News Paper columns in the bog and he seems to enjoy being a troll.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
and of course Clarkson making these comments and getting airtime/news coverage has got nothing to do with him having book/dvd on sale atm......

throdgrain

FH is my second home
"Liberals" and the "left" in my opinion are always for censorship, and for making rules about things they dont like. That's why they're not actually liberal at all, all they want to do is intefere in peoples lives, tell them what to do, then tell them it's for thier own good.

It's why I hate them so much :(

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
I've not read the thread, but calm down: it's Christmas and Clarkson always has a DVD to sell. What better way to advertise himself.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
The biggest joke was that the best paid workers in Britain, with the longest holidays and the best pensions were the ones on strike.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
We're always hearing of the amount of unpaid work teachers are [morally] required to do.

If these new arrangements are such a problem, instead of striking, why not just work to rule?

It's what I do. If people don't pay me what I want, they don't get all the nice things I provide for those who do.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
We're always hearing of the amount of unpaid work teachers are [morally] required to do.

If these new arrangements are such a problem, instead of striking, why not just work to rule?

It's what I do. If people don't pay me what I want, they don't get all the nice things I provide for those who do.

I see what you're saying Tom, but remember - permies aren't the bravest or cleverest ;)

Edit: Plus, teachers do less harm to the kids with a 1 day strike than they would working to rule...

ECA

I am a FH squatter
I've not read the thread, but calm down: it's Christmas and Clarkson always has a DVD to sell. What better way to advertise himself.

It's actually pretty funny.
I did pirate it though.

Obviously not having the goods manufactured or posted helps save the environment.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Funny isn't it. When you listen to his comments in context, they're completely understandable.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-15994290

So he starts by saying the strikes are great, London's empty, brilliant, love it. Then he says he's on the BBC and should be balanced, and so says they should be shot, executed, horrific, etc.

What a load of fucking hand-wringing bollocks. The stupid woman whinging about how "frightening" it all is just having her 15 minutes of fame.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Funny isn't it. When you listen to his comments in context, they're completely understandable.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-15994290

So he starts by saying the strikes are great, London's empty, brilliant, love it. Then he says he's on the BBC and should be balanced, and so says they should be shot, executed, horrific, etc.

What a load of fucking hand-wringing bollocks. The stupid woman whinging about how "frightening" it all is just having her 15 minutes of fame.

Fucking LOL. I thought the whole thing was ridiculous even before I saw that, now I have...to every one who complained, you're all cunts and you should be taken out and shot. In front of your families.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-15977813

Now I'm not a fan of Clarkson but having watched the piece he was clearly being asked for an opinion which is what he gave. I dont see how he can be sacked from his other work with the BBC for giving an opinion while he was 'off duty'.

He didnt name anyone so claims of being 'in fear' are nonsense - its like saying all lawyers are bloodsucking leeches who should be shot - its not a specific threat.
Frankly just goes to show that people running Unions clearly have little idea of what they should actually do to help their members.

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
What makes me laugh is that no one has clocked why he said it. He probably believes it but he said that specifically. The reason why is because Top Gear is back on in a couple of weeks and any publicity is good publicity. He did exactly the same thing with that "One eyed Scottish idiot" comment.

He knew exactly what he was doing. Also, he's funny as fuck!

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
No wonder your friends were miffed - the minimum basic pay in England and Wales for a qualified teacher is £21,588 rising to about 31 grand...

31 grand is still above the average wage..

21k isnt far off it tbh

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Just grab half of the wy overpaid politicians pays, drop 'em on the teachers(and other service folk), merry santamas, f*ck off and be done with it.

Embattle

FH is my second home
I think him failing to impress is pretty much following the line that Labour fail to impress in general at the moment. As for Clarkson to me it was probably something I wouldn't of even heard about had it not be blown all out of proportion had it not been reported again and again, often using the small sound bite instead of the full comment.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Milliband reminds me of Wallace and Gromit.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I am glad he is the puppet currently "in charge" of labour. It means they have no chance of winning anything.

Though it would be better if he wore clown shoes and drove a car which has detachable doors.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
What annoys me so much about Clarkson, more so than the shooting comments, is the phrases like 'the rest of us have to go out and work '. I don't think 'the rest of us' earn more a year than teachers do in a lifetime for doing what we love. he is as much a man of the people as David Cameron but people love to think he is.

Gumbo

FH is my second home
The funniest thing is that the papers in the last couple of days have been all about Clarkson, with barely a thing about public sector pensions.

Nice one Jeremy, keep up the good work.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
he is as much a man of the people as David Cameron but people love to think he is.

Jeremy Clarkson has never claimed to be a "man of the people". Generally speaking he's always made it pretty clear that he thinks most of "the people" are idiots. What the "the people" think of him is hardly his problem is it? And personally I have no problem with what he earns, good luck to him.

sayward

Resident Freddy
If Clarkson had not been a white caucasian it would not have been commented on. As far as I can see as long as you are not English/British you can pretty much say what you like.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
The fact it has to be explained that it is a joke, just shows how far our country is down the gutter.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Jeremy Clarkson has never claimed to be a "man of the people". Generally speaking he's always made it pretty clear that he thinks most of "the people" are idiots. What the "the people" think of him is hardly his problem is it? And personally I have no problem with what he earns, good luck to him.

Bang on!

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
21,000 Complaints..............

Can anyone give me any advice on emigration please?

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
i wonder how many of those 21k were "just seen on tv" people
and how many heard about it 2nd hand, went to find out what he said, or was partially quoted as saying, and joined the "righteous indignation bandwagon"

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
What annoys me so much about Clarkson, more so than the shooting comments, is the phrases like 'the rest of us have to go out and work '. I don't think 'the rest of us' earn more a year than teachers do in a lifetime for doing what we love. he is as much a man of the people as David Cameron but people love to think he is.

Have you seen the entire piece for yourself Aoami? Including the bit where he said the strikes were "wonderful"?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom