News Unison wants Clarkson sacked

Himse

FH is my second home
21k people out of 60 million, tiny percentage. Just a bunch of no lives with nothing better to do.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
And only a few hundred in the 2 or 3 hours after the broadcast, I expect.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Most of those 21,000 will be from people who've been told to be offended by their peers.

Gumbo

FH is my second home
Is there a way we can register with the bbc that we support Clarksons right to make a joke at the expense of the twats? Er, public sector strikers I mean. I wonder how quickly that would roar past 21k.

Azurus

Can't get enough of FH
"Liberals" and the "left" in my opinion are always for censorship

What on earth brought you to this conclusion? Freedom of speech has very little to do with being right or left wing, perhaps only Libertarianism can claim it as a core tenet of its ideology.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
I don't even like Clarkson much, but I prefer him to the humourless pedants that are clogging up our country with their bullshit.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
What on earth brought you to this conclusion? Freedom of speech has very little to do with being right or left wing, perhaps only Libertarianism can claim it as a core tenet of its ideology.

Of course it does. All politicians have thier own agendas, but at the end of the day the Left want to tell you how to live your life. What to think, what to say. Shit they even make laws to tell you what you're not allowed to say.

Liberty in my opinion is the freedom to do what you want, when you want, so long as you dont directly hurt anyone else doing it. Not "might" not "maybe", definately not "WONT SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!", not "if one life is saved it's all worth it! etc etc.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
This is the way Clarkson talks, a stylised mock right wing ranting than features in every line of his books, they are like a Shakespeare for old moaning men, to take it seriously says a lot about yourself.
Average Public Sector pension 7800
Average Private sector pension 1200
Obviously that equates to loads of people without any pension.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Throdgrain, have you ever made a post on these forums that didn't contain the word 'left' ?

Also, with regards to Clarkson being a 'man of the people'. I'm sure he never claimed that title, and I didn't insinuate that he did, however you can not deny that he plays up to the tag at times.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Taking things of out context is the base rule of the media, this ridiculous snapshotting of quotes belongs in the Simpsons. He basically said 'This is the BBC so I'm going to say something totally from the other viewpoint'..did so and they want him sacked.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Throdgrain, have you ever made a post on these forums that didn't contain the word 'left' ?

Also, with regards to Clarkson being a 'man of the people'. I'm sure he never claimed that title, and I didn't insinuate that he did, however you can not deny that he plays up to the tag at times.

Yes I have many times in the last 10 years or more that I have been posting here.

I'm sure there's loads left on the Barrysworld forums.

OOPS I SAID LEFT AGAIN!!! :)

milou

Part of the furniture
One of the better comments of the troll-fest of online news:

The Daily Mail must be horribly conflicted over this. They think Clarkson's great, they probably tacitly agree with him....and yet.... it's hard to pass up another opportunity to have a pop at the BBC....
What to do?

milou

Part of the furniture
My fave comment:

21,000 people who have played directly into his hands. This wasn't a spontaneous remark - he's made a career out of appealing to small-minded, Daily Mail middle class bullies and yobbos. That's his demographic - the sort of people most likely to use the phrase "political correctness gone mad", which is exactly what they'll be saying about this storm in a teacup, no doubt just as he planned. He's got a book out and all publicity is good publicity. Calling for him to be fired or prosecuted is exactly what he wanted to happen. Well done complainers - you've given him exactly what he wanted. What do you suppose will be the subject of his next ghost-written column for The Sun?

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
My fave comment:

I don't think he "planned" anything; watch the interview, it was a very off-the-cuff remark, that made perfect sense in the context of what he'd said just before.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
couldn't give a fuck about his comment but I fully support him being fired, or lined up and shot, either or.

JBP|

Part of the furniture
I'd like to see Clarkson run the country and publicly execute the leaders of Unison.
Am i a bad man? o_O

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
I'd like to see Clarkson run the country and publicly execute the leaders of Unison.
Am i a bad man? o_O

He has no interest or desire to run this country. Which is why he would be good for the job.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
my mate posted this on facebook which may ring true

"Basically Jeremy Clarkson's comment was definitely a joke. However, it was such a crap, unfunny joke that loads of people haven't actually realised it was a joke, and have complained. It's all just a big misunderstanding which stems from Jeremy Clarkson not being funny."

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Jeremy Clarkson haters are worse than fucking god bothering dog knobbers.

Too many people find him funny? I'm gonna hate on him, I liked him back when he was underground.

Fuck youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
i didnt like him when he was underground, he has always been a prick

ECA

I am a FH squatter
You have a remote, try using it?

I don't randomly hate on shit television or comedians I don't like to satisfy some hatred inside me.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
i dont have a tv, so a remote would be useless

megadave

I am a FH squatter
When was he underground? He's been on the BBC since I was born :p

rynnor

Rockhound

Did you watch the Question Time when Nick Griffin was on? I think hes an idiot who talks shit but the lefties tried to prevent him appearing by mass picketing the show and then that idiot dimbleby organised a ridiculous charade of a witch hunt all because they didnt trust the public to make up their own minds.

It was a fantastic demonstration of how anti free speech the left really is.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Did you watch the Question Time when Nick Griffin was on? I think hes an idiot who talks shit but the lefties tried to prevent him appearing by mass picketing the show and then that idiot dimbleby organised a ridiculous charade of a witch hunt all because they didnt trust the public to make up their own minds.

It was a fantastic demonstration of how anti free speech the left really is.

Absolutely.

opticle

Part of the furniture
I couldn't care less tbh. I thought it was funny, not hilarious funny but funny all the same. It highlights how ridiculous people are these days.

*I know some teachers do care and are excellent. Low paid Nurses deserve every penny rich doctors go fuck themselves.
Not wanting to get off topic, but as with the topic story, check facts before jumping on bandwagons :) I know a lot of good doctors (and nurses) and they don't deserve comments like that. They get treated like shit these days and most are certainly not 'rich'. You and a lot of people close to you (and me) would be fucked without them.

*hides from inevitable backlash* :X3:

soze

I am a FH squatter
Not wanting to get off topic, but as with the topic story, check facts before jumping on bandwagons :) I know a lot of good doctors (and nurses) and they don't deserve comments like that. They get treated like shit these days and most are certainly not 'rich'. You and a lot of people close to you (and me) would be fucked without them.

*hides from inevitable backlash* :X3:
Nurses deserve every penny they are the closet things to saints on earth. But some of the GPs like the one who earns £500k plus can and should get fucked. My post was not clear again.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Turns out we have someone exactly like the bandwagon-jumpers we're moaning about right here!:

Have you seen the entire piece for yourself Aoami? Including the bit where he said the strikes were "wonderful"?

my mate posted this on facebook which may ring true

"Basically Jeremy Clarkson's comment was definitely a joke. However, it was such a crap, unfunny joke that loads of people haven't actually realised it was a joke, and have complained. It's all just a big misunderstanding which stems from Jeremy Clarkson not being funny."

So, seen it yourself? No? Your "mate" told you it was an unfunny joke? Only a totally deranged aids-ridden-worse-than-waz's-face retard would mistake it for something other than a joke...

Watched the full clip yet Aoami? I think you've still not bothered...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom